Auto Drip Mod.

Sinikal

Interesting looking mod. I like the fact that you can load up that much juice in the cart. I'll give that one a try. Looks like the only drawback is that you have to take the wade of filler out to refill the cart, but thats not that big a drawback.

Interesting looking mod. I like the fact that you can load up that much juice in the cart. I'll give that one a try. Looks like the only drawback is that you have to take the wade of filler out to refill the cart, but thats not that big a drawback.

Taking the filler out can be a pain, but you don't have to fill the cart all that often so it's really worth it. I just use a syringe to fill mine. Works great and I don't get juice all over.

I just made up three of these today and they work great..Took a thumbtack and pulled filler out, filled back up and vaping great.Just have to make sure you use enough polyfill so they dont leak..Im using half of the stock amount.Holds about 12 drops and you use about 10-11 not bad..

That's awesome! Will definitely try it!

But I am amazed that you aren't sucking liquid out the inhaling end.

As long as you don't overfill the cart, there is really no way to suck juice out the inhaling end. The standard poly actually works really well at plugging the juice off, I mean you have to remember that juice is kind of thick, so it's not hard to hold it back. I never have a problem with sucking juice.

On a side note, others have said this mod works with carts other than 510 that don't have the little "ledges" inside the cart to hold the spring. They just stand the spring up and put the poly on top of it. It's by far the best thing I have found that doesn't require dripping, which we all know is a pain.

Holy vapes batman! Wow...so I actually tried this mod today and it is great! I've only went two rounds on one cartridge, but I vaped every drop of juice. No more juice stuck in the back of the cart. Only problem I had I think I was vaping too fast and I tasted the atty drying up. I pulled the cart off and saw the juice slowly easing out. I think my dripping days are over, but we'll see. Only thing now is I vaped more tonight than I usually do. Is that a bad thing? Maybe not. :thumbsup:

My carts are so much more consistant and I love not dripping every time I want to Vape!!!

If I had a handfull of batting just the right size I could have a fresh one everytime I filled it up..

Need a mass produced insert for the carts so it would go faster and easier.

watch for polyfill hairs getting close to atty coil thats the only issue with it...

I havent had one flood yet in 24 hours...

I tried this mod on my 510 today and it totally freakin' works. I've only been vapin' for 20 days and have only been drippin' for like a week. The only thing I don't like about dripping is the leaks. I never drip more than 3 drops at a time, but it stills leaks a little when you first fill it. I get a much deeper draw, and better vape with this mod. The taste is fuller and if done properly (which isn't hard to do)the 510 provides an even better throat hit. Leaking is virtually non-existent. I wouldn't doubt it if we start to see the industry adopt this mod in some way. If I was Chris I would be racing to the patent office. :shiftyninja:

I actually ran into a problem with this today. When I pulled off the cart to refill, the filler was stuck to the atty. But that's the first out of 3 tries so far. Gotta figure out how to make it not do that.

Maybe your not using enuf batting. Is the batting really loose?

Yeah that's probably it, haven't tried fixing it yet though. I actually haven't vaped since lunch time. What's wrong with me?! brb lol

One thing I found thats a bit better, I think, is placing the spring the other way(perpendicular to the mod). I think the spring slides in just a little deeper, accomadating a little more batting. seems to work better, I think.

hhmmm I might have to try though. Gotta find more pens now. haha.

so I put more filling in and it seems to be working better now. The juice did get stuck once, but I just pressed on the filling and it got going again. We'll see how long this cart lasts.

Getting the amount of filling just right is the hardest part, but still easier than most mods out there. Too little filling and you might find yourself with leaks, or it's not quite tight enough to stay in the cart and will stick to the atty. Too much filling, and the juice just won't wick through as easily. I personally use about half the factory poly or so and it seems to work well. I haven't had a problem with the poly sticking to the atty personally, but I also make sure to not twist the cart when pulling it off.

As far as putting the spring the other way, it works just as well from what I have read. People are doing this with carts that do not have the little lip inside of it like the 510 does to catch the spring and have reported good results. There are still bound to be a few flaws/problems with this mod, but so far it's one of the easiest and the best that I have found. After all, dripping has it's problems too. Please people, if you are going to drip, get a designated driver and please don't drip and drive!

I am a bit confused. Is there batting at both ends of the cartridge? Batting, spring, batting or is it spring and batting? I am just wondering what keeps the liquid from leaking through the small hole on the other end.

Just spring and batting. There is no hole on the other end for it to leak through. For instance, if you are using a 510, if you look at the cart the liquid goes in, and on the sides of the cart are 2 slits, which is where the vaper is drawn through. Your vapor goes around your filling, not through.

Just spring and batting. There is no hole on the other end for it to leak through. For instance, if you are using a 510, if you look at the cart the liquid goes in, and on the sides of the cart are 2 slits, which is where the vaper is drawn through. Your vapor goes around your filling, not through.

Okey dokey. Thanks for answering my question. Learned something new today about the slits.

Just an update on this mod after using it exclusively for awhile.

I have noticed that there really must be a fine line on how much filler/batting to use. Maybe I haven't found the right amount yet, but it just seems that i still get that dry taste before the cart is actually dry of liquid. At first I compensated for this by adding a few drops right on the batting when this happened. I quickly noticed that it proved to be not much better than direct dripping. I was pulling my cart off and reaching for juice almost as much as direct dripping.

I have to say that the taste I get from the cart is much better than dripping. I don't know why but the taste just seems fuller than when I drip.

I went back to youtube and found the straw mod done by TGWTF, Moobieghost. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6xVMMuTxhM

This mod is similar and works as well, but still doesn't fix the problem perfectly. Others may have better results and don't have that drying out issue but if you do I have a suggestion that at least doesn't have me reaching for the juice as much.

When I get that burn taste I take off my cart, and with my tweezers I just grab the filler and raise it out of the cart a a little bit, not all the way out, then push it back in. This soaks the filler again really fast and I put the cart back on. I may have to do this about 3-4 times before I actually have to refill the cart with juice.

By doing it this way, I can prefill 4-5 carts and go pretty much all work day without needing my juice bottle. You still have to carry tweezers, or something to tug on the filler every once in a while, but the cart certainly lasts longer and your not bothered by the bottles....

I tried to combine the spring with the straw, but personally didn't much luck with it, although I was happy enough with the spring mod I didn't put much effort into it. Since I'm one of those people that can just never stop trying things, I've read a lot of people happy with using a regular drinking straw with foam/fluval/scotch brite pads, so when I make it to the store I'm going to get some straws and the blue scotch brite pads and see how that performs.

I agree with Speakeasy that to me the taste is better through the cart compared to dripping, and I seem to get more vapor than dripping. I know people will argue with me, but what works for each of us is different. I also prefer the convenience of carts as I don't like dripping in public or having to have my juice on me all the time around the house, so hopefully someday I find a cart mod that fully satisfies me.

Haven't thought about doin' both mods together. To me it seems like the mods would just decrease the volume of the cart. But it might work.

I found another mod on youtube. This one involves an inept fella trying to insert a metal screen found on facet taps. This vid gets a little long at an early point, but you pick up the gist fast enough as to not need to watch the whole thing.

I haven't tried it but it seems like a good idea......

Haven't thought about doin' both mods together. To me it seems like the mods would just decrease the volume of the cart. But it might work.

I found another mod on youtube. This one involves an inept fella trying to insert a metal screen found on facet taps. This vid gets a little long at an early point, but you pick up the gist fast enough as to not need to watch the whole thing.

I haven't tried it but it seems like a good idea......

Yeah both mods together doesn't really work. They are both meant to accomplish the exact same thing, which is simply to keep a smaller amount of filler from falling down into the cart. I was just really bored one night.

As far as the screen, I haven't tried it, heard it works but is a major pain. It might be worth it if it worked better than the Auto Drip Mod or plug, but from what I gather the results are about the same.