Auto Drip Mod.

Sinikal

I can hear the atty bubbling which is a sure sign it is flooded and fixin to not put out.

Yes I heard the same..nice try but it was that easy to fill then it will flood like crazy whats the point I can drip and flood without all the hassle...

After some trials with the spring auto drip mod I have run across vapor lock where the liquid wont flow,Some of the issue was with too much polyfill but it didnt fix the problem completly.Would only work for half the cart maybe.Back to dripping for now..

After some trials with the spring auto drip mod I have run across vapor lock where the liquid wont flow,Some of the issue was with too much polyfill but it didnt fix the problem completly.Would only work for half the cart maybe.Back to dripping for now..

I hadn't run into a problem with Vapor Lock. I've been trying some other fillers/mods lately but always keep coming back to this one. I'd say if you were experience Vapor Lock you might try combining this with the straw mod after all. The straw down the side of the cart should cure the vapor lock issue.

After using a cart that works as intended, there's no way I can go back to dripping. I now know the potential of carts and dripping is just a PITA to me.

I hadn't run into a problem with Vapor Lock. I've been trying some other fillers/mods lately but always keep coming back to this one. I'd say if you were experience Vapor Lock you might try combining this with the straw mod after all. The straw down the side of the cart should cure the vapor lock issue.

After using a cart that works as intended, there's no way I can go back to dripping. I now know the potential of carts and dripping is just a PITA to me.

What size straw and type of fill and how much are you using..

What size straw and type of fill and how much are you using..

I'm not using a straw with this mod, as I haven't had a reason for it. A coffee stirrer or a cut cheap hollow q-tip should be ideal. As far as fill, the empty carts I have are not just polyfill, they have a teflon type stuff down one side. It's not actually teflon, but thats the best way I can describe it. I cut that stuff off, and use about half of what is left.

• 3 months later...

ok been using this mod for a couple days and I don't think I'll go back to dripping for a while. Has worked great. At first I had some problems with not enough juice wicking into the batting. It would start off fine but have the same problem that I had with regular carts. There would be plenty of juice but it wouldn't wick to the top. Using less batting as the plug solved it. I now can get all but probably 1 drop out of the cart. Very pleased. I think this mod would work with some other materials as batting well.