Attempting to rebuild Aspire Nautilus coils

Roxabox

As the thread title states I am going to try to rebuild the coils for my Aspire Nautilus. This will be the first time I've rebuilt anything so help me out here if you can! I'm trying to find the right wire and after some research I understand that I need kanthal wire for these coils. My problem I'm facing right now is what gauge kanthal should I get? I'm not going to replace both coils, just one, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not in what gauge I should be getting. Thanks in advance!

Try this…

Micro Coil Build In The Aspire Nautilus:

Hope it helps. I'm still waiting for mine to get here.

That's the exact video I watched yesterday. He doesn't specify the gauge of wire he's using though.

Yeah he does, at the begining when hes holding the yellow screwdriver. I believe its 28g kanthal.

I must be deaf, lol. Thanks though!

Good luck. I tied this and was successful but it didn't vape as well as the original dual coil.

Is it a significant difference?

Does this tank have a good amount of vapir production? I was thinking about pairing it with a mvp 2.0

It's a straight BEAST on the MVP 2.0. I ran that setup app day yesterday and it really impressed me. It really takes the MVP 2.0 up a notch, with the Nautilus it's much closer to the vape I get with my DNA 30 than it had been with my other tanks. It's definitely worth the $25 or whatever you pay for it.

The coils should be around $9.99, I've seen people talk about how expensive they are and always felt like it wasn't that different from the protank, then I saw Mt Bakr Vapor has them priced at 17.99, so places charging that much might be what some people have seen.

$9.99 to 10.99 is pretty standard retail for a box of 5 and the 5.99 to 7.99 price range is when they're on sale, speaking of Authentic only of course. I only buy authentic Aspire coils from US retailers. There's some articles by fasttech salesman that the clones have an improvement over the genuine ones, but even if they did, I'd still only buy authentic. So far I've been through 4 tanks on the first coil and it's still going strong.

I got the protank 2 & 3 and aero base and the protank 2 with custom coils hits nicely, but no where near the vape I get from the Nautilus. I took off my kayfun lite to try the Aspire Nautilus and its been two full days and I haven't swapped back, and I LOVE the kayfun and didn't think I'd be able to back to a clearomizer, but this proved me wrong. Rip Trippers is spot on in this video, I watched it after vaping it, I don't like spoiling the surprise with reviews until I've made a decision myself.

Charliestheman dude thanks for this info im really glad to hear this ! :) im so excited for this setup , what wats or volts where you running at? Also what was the vg pg ratio , and the clouds where good right , and agian thanks for this relpy this makes me very happy and im so excited for this pair

Charliestheman dude thanks for this info im really glad to hear this ! :) im so excited for this setup , what wats or volts where you running at? Also what was the vg pg ratio , and the clouds where good right , and agian thanks for this relpy this makes me very happy and im so excited for this pair

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now that I have thoroughly derailed this thread, it looks much better in person than in the pics. I'm running it at 11.0 with 65/35 and 50/50 PG/VG Fadora Vapors juice

Do you have to change your coils alot? With the nautilis its the only thing that moght keep me from getting it , i heard the coils die quickly and they are over priced aswell
They run about $10 for a pack of 5 coils, they're going strong, the kanger coils tended to clog up on me and get a tighter draw, some people may like that, I take bigger vapes and now realize I like a tighter draw IF it's a huge vape, I don't like a tighter cloggy then dry towards the end draw. I hit it hard and vape a lot though. But the Aspire coils have lasted longer with no change in draw yet that I can tell. Definitely worth the money for me, both performance and lifespan. Rox, check it out. Only $30 for all of it! muvybehu.jpg Edited by charliestheman

• 1 year later...

Try this…

Micro Coil Build In The Aspire Nautilus:

Hope it helps. I'm still waiting for mine to get here.

Helpful video, I am just now starting to rebuild to save some $$$,  I am curious though why not rebuild both coils ?     I have the ASPIRE BVC BOTTOM VERTICAL COIL FOR NAUTILUS, isn't that a dual coil ?   Thanks  

Helpful video, I am just now starting to rebuild to save some $$$,  I am curious though why not rebuild both coils ?     I have the ASPIRE BVC BOTTOM VERTICAL COIL FOR NAUTILUS, isn't that a dual coil ?   Thanks  

I may have posted this twice :)