Double Coil

I recently purchased a Kanger Tech 3T'D and it seems to make everything taste weird. I was told the double coil would enhance the flavor of my juice. Could it be the metal mouth piece?

It really could be many things, if it's a metallic taste it could be the mouthpiece. Have to tried washing with warm soapy water? You may try taking out the coil unit and soaking it in 91% alcohol then rinsing it real good and letting it dry completely then trying it.

If the wick didn't prime/soak long enough it may have gotten burnt a little, but that will be a burnt taste.

There is something on some kanger coils called the "flavor wick" that people remove to enhance the flavor, vape better, and prevent dry hits. Have you tried that?

Is the taste completely constant or do you get a decent hit and taste and then the next hit may taste funny?

I washed it before use, it is a metallic taste...Never heard of the flavor wick and yes it is a constant. I'll go pick up a new mouthpiece today and see what happens. Thanks

My Pro Tank 3 Mini had a bit of a metallic taste as well when I first tried it - same coils as your T3'D. I disassembled the unit, washed it, soaked it in alcohol, rinsed in HOT water and let it dry. Before re-assembly I dry-fired the coils to burn off any residue (several 2-3 second bursts to achieve a good "toaster orange glow"), and that seems to have cleared up the issue for me. Only the factory-coil had this issue... the replacements have not had this issue (yet).

If a new, non-metal drip-tip doesn't remove the metal-taste, try dry-firing the coils. Chances are, that you have some residue on the coils or just a "bad" atomizer? Don't give up on it until you've at least tried a new coil unit...

Oh, and just a thought... what battery are you using, and what is the Ohm rating of the coils installed? Might need to use a lower Ohm rating?