Different Cart Designs ?

Seems like every week a new question pops up for me. As some of you may know, I never really got into direct dripping, but , I was thinking maybe I didnt give it a fair shot. So, today, I decided to give it a whirl again. I spent the WHOLE day dripping, switching from my passthru to my "wireless". My passthru, I gotta say, is blowing me away. Tons of flavor and throat hit, all day long. BUT, every time I try on my wireless, not so much. An OCCASIONAL good hit, but not even remotely consistant. Then, I noticed something. The cart on my USB is one of the originals from my starter kit, the other one is from a set of blanks that I ordered with the filler that had the tape in it. It dawned on me that I was vaping HARDER on this cart and felt like there was something restricting it. Has anyone come across this problem ? I switched carts and there is a huge difference, the one that worked on the USB is working on the wireless, while the other is just as dead on the USB. Confusing, I admit, but equally frustrating. Thoughts ?

What USB and what wireless models you using bud? You are going to get more power form a USB PT than a normal wireless, unless you have a VP unit. I have noticed alot of the blank carts from different manufactures are designed with different airflow. Could be the carts from one unit is giving better airflow than the other. Also could have something to do with the atty design, some are 4 and some are 2 hole.

I did noticed this when I got my starter kit, the 2 cover ones slide off easily which I never used. But the pre-filled carts I ordered separately, snaps to fit and vapes pretty good (flavor and throat hit). But the blank carts I had, really felt 'restricted'. I do notice a definite different design. Then again, I rarely direct drip since I'm still on automatic battery.

that is strange.... which vendor had the crappy carts so I know not to buy carts from them until they replace the manufacture.

I got mines from vaporkings, but I wouldn't say it was crappy, you can just... 'feel' the difference with different carts. I believe it is just random with any cart.

The prefilled starter kits just seem to slide out of atomizer for me. And the blanks slightly fit but seem to feel restricted, but have a few that actually came out pretty good, but most blanks I have to put a little more effort then usual when taking draws. But the pre-filled carts seem perfect, snaps into my 901 perfectly and taking draws doesn't feel too restricted. Once I'm done with the pre-filled I usually just drip into those.

Keenan, it might be just random carts since they have that white glue/tape to keep the filler on.

@ keenan,

I had the same problem, until I opened the air flow slots (using my 510). On the flat sides of the carts you will see air flow holes, they are small. I put a metel pick(dentist like tool) inside and very carefully moved it around. This will open the slot (or expand it) . Not only is the air flow better, they fit tighter in the atty too.

I did this with all of my empty carts when I 1st got them. Also, you can take the back part off the round carts and the flat tip carts you need to pry out where the hole is, be careful not to enlarge that hole (sometimes it will happen) and you can see inside, like a little resevior. This will hold some juice and when you run water into the air flow holes, it will stay there if you do not take the caps off from the back.

I have my NEW web cam and I should have a video soon to show what I have talked about here.

• 8 months later...

@ keenan,

I had the same problem, until I opened the air flow slots (using my 510). On the flat sides of the carts you will see air flow holes, they are small. I put a metel pick(dentist like tool) inside and very carefully moved it around. This will open the slot (or expand it) . Not only is the air flow better, they fit tighter in the atty too.

I did this with all of my empty carts when I 1st got them. Also, you can take the back part off the round carts and the flat tip carts you need to pry out where the hole is, be careful not to enlarge that hole (sometimes it will happen) and you can see inside, like a little resevior. This will hold some juice and when you run water into the air flow holes, it will stay there if you do not take the caps off from the back.

I have my NEW web cam and I should have a video soon to show what I have talked about here.

awesome tip...that was driving me crazy...sometimes i would be vaping great and all of a sudden the draw/pull would get harder ...always thought i had flooded the atomizer ...but i tried what you said..i stuck a pin in the slots and wiggled it around...** voilla ** .. unrestricted air flow and the atomizer started working great...thanks so much..i'm a newbie and this kind of stuff gets you scratching your head....LOL...thanks a bunch

JavaJoe: Keep in mind this thread is 10 months old. We try not to revive old threads as some of the information can get outdated and other members may think the things in that thread are current.

Glad stubear's suggestion helped you out though!