By Way Of Introduction

ddavelarsen

Hi, I'm Dave. I'm a total vaping newbie, and it's about to show. I bought my first PV about two weeks ago, a Vapor King. It was sufficient to make me realize that vaping can replace analogs for me, but wholly inadequate for the throat invasion I'm accustomed to with smoke. So I've ordered my first biggie, a VP2. I'm thoroughly psyched!

I've a question: How many appliances do folks typically use? I notice that many forumites describe several PVs, and I just wonder whether this is an evolution, a result of trying different pieces, or of them 'wearing out', or whether there's an active reason to use multiple vaporizers throughout the day. Do you have one for work and another for home? One to take to the movies and one to use sitting in front of the TV? I'm just curious. And wondering whether this is actually likely to be cheaper than smoking. :D

This is probably a common factor as folks mature in their use, but I first have used only tobacco-flavored juice. But now that I realize I can get my nicotine requirement met regardless of taste, I'm thinking about trying some flavors. What's the best (i.e. cheapest) way to experiment with this?

Guess that's it for now. This is a great forum and I really appreciate all the info that's available. As I read more I'll probably find answers to my newbie questions, but for now I'll ask em. ;)

Thanks!

Hi Dave, Welcome to the forum. As far as how many pv's, I like to experiment so I have a 510 (used mostly while working) an 801, & 901 used for different flavors and throat hits, and my VP2 which vapes like a monster. I usually switch between the 510 and the VP2 the most and switch flavors to keep the taste buds alive. I'm sure I have spent some money on this but after 2 packs a day for 30 years I'm still saving money by vaping instead. Try the sampler pack from Arno @ awsomevapor.com and many of the other suppliers here. I'm sure you'll find different flavors that you like. Good luck & happy vaping.

Welcome Dave. I'm new, too, so don't have much experience with this. I have several appliances and can say the only reason for me so far is that I was looking for the best one for me - not because they wore out. Each one I tried was better than the one before. I have the VP2 and I'm sure you'll be as pleased with it as I am. I also have the Joye510 and love it. I can't decide which is actually better. Sometimes I think I may be getting better vapor from the 510, but I am only on the second day of the VP2, so can't be sure yet. Also, I'm waiting - impatiently - to be able to order some low bridge 801 attys to see if that makes a difference with the VP2.

I was like you and got the first PV I found and it was enough to make me know this thing would work for me, but I was wanting something a bit better so did a lot of research. If I had more patience, I might not have gone thru as many devices I have, but that's okay with me. I probably spent more to begin with than I would have needed to if I'd waited a bit, but not more than I would have on analogs really. And by doing the math, I'm sure this thing will be much cheaper than analogs. I figure if I spend $10. a month to replace attys and $20 to $30 for juice, that's about it. On average. I've found that I want to have a good supply of each on hand (and some extra batteries), but I'm sure it will average out at about that.

You've come to the right place to have your questions answered. These people have been a big help to me. And they are a lot of fun, too.

Welcome DD ! Well, you bought the Cadillac for your second rig, the VP2 from what I hear is a monster vaporer. From what Ive read, a lot of people have different rigs, but they have thier one "go to" or main rig. When they go out, they take one that can be easily re charged, so as not to run out. Some people find the one rig that works for them and stick to it. i have a joye510, and Im perfectally happy with it, although I DO want to get a VP2 eventually. As for the throat hit, the 510 works great, and from what I hear, youre gonna LOVE the VP2 in that respect. You said your first rig was a "VaporKing". Theyre a supplier, what MODEL did you get from them ?

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome folks! That's nice.

Keenan, I'm not sure what model it is, but here's what I bought:

Vapor King

For what it is, it works pretty well, just not as much vapor production as I'd like. I think I'm going to be happy with the VP2 too. ;) I've noticed that there must be a real increase in popularity with vaping recently as all the US makers seem to be sold out/backordered. That's what happens when something takes off - production has a hard time keeping up with demand. It's a lesson well learned: Stock up...

And that's next on my agenda.

Mark thanks for the suggestion of buying a sampler, that's probably the best road for me now and I'll follow up on that. Nana, I think you nailed it that the up front purchases will average out over their lives to make this experience less expensive than the analogs. At $7 a pack it doesn't take long to use up my budget! I'll quit buying them as soon as the VP2 gets here, I'm sure. That's going to be a great day for me.

After that I'll find the cool 'smoke free' banner to add to my sig line. :D

Thanks again all,

One reason a lot of suppliers are out of stock or on backorder is customs. Unfortunately, a lot of holier than thou people with power are trying to make vaping illegal, and right now the FDA is putting some strick rules down when it comes to E cig supplies. E cigs are in the "grey area" of tobacco-nicotene related products. Thats why its SOOOO important for us to get the word out that vaping is SAFER than analogs. All e cig products originate from China. Once they get here, theyre subject to confiscation. Its wrong on so many levels

Man I am with you on that. I never can understand why some people think they need to impose their choices on others.

But since they do, "stock up" is going to be my rule of the year. I'll be buying large quantities of juice and DIY supplies, and batts and attomizers out the yinyang. This is probably another good reason to a) buy from US PV makers and B) buy a number of different models. Oh - a) assumes you're living in the US; if you're in another country it would make sense to cultivate relationships with your local innovators. thumbsup.gif

Man I am with you on that. I never can understand why some people think they need to impose their choices on others.

But since they do, "stock up" is going to be my rule of the year. I'll be buying large quantities of juice and DIY supplies, and batts and attomizers out the yinyang. This is probably another good reason to a) buy from US PV makers and B) buy a number of different models. Oh - a) assumes you're living in the US; if you're in another country it would make sense to cultivate relationships with your local innovators. thumbsup.gif

Cripes, I meant that first smiley to be a lowercase "bee)". I'm going to have to learn the text around here! :D

Edited by ddavelarsen

Hi, I'm Dave. I'm a total vaping newbie, and it's about to show. I bought my first PV about two weeks ago, a Vapor King. It was sufficient to make me realize that vaping can replace analogs for me, but wholly inadequate for the throat invasion I'm accustomed to with smoke. So I've ordered my first biggie, a VP2. I'm thoroughly psyched!

I've a question: How many appliances do folks typically use? I notice that many forumites describe several PVs, and I just wonder whether this is an evolution, a result of trying different pieces, or of them 'wearing out', or whether there's an active reason to use multiple vaporizers throughout the day. Do you have one for work and another for home? One to take to the movies and one to use sitting in front of the TV? I'm just curious. And wondering whether this is actually likely to be cheaper than smoking. :D

This is probably a common factor as folks mature in their use, but I first have used only tobacco-flavored juice. But now that I realize I can get my nicotine requirement met regardless of taste, I'm thinking about trying some flavors. What's the best (i.e. cheapest) way to experiment with this?

Guess that's it for now. This is a great forum and I really appreciate all the info that's available. As I read more I'll probably find answers to my newbie questions, but for now I'll ask em. ;)

Thanks!

I'm right there with you Dave, after purchasing a bunch of stuff I wish I would have purchased the VP2 first. It's all I vape now. That is just my experience, I know that Chris and others are always trying out new models on the market and making reviews, but for when I found the VP2 and an 801 Low Bridge atty, that was it for me, I found what I was looking for.

I think this is key.. When I first started I just wanted to recreate a tobacco cigarette as much as possible because I felt it was the only way to get me to switch... Once you realize you can get the same satisfaction from using more appealing flavors (banana, grape soda, coffee), tobacco flavors become less and less appealing... in fact I have quite a few tobacco variants that are just sitting there partially filled, not at all impressed... I think I will just keep them in case I run out of good tasting juice while waiting for more good stuff to arrive.

I think this is key.. When I first started I just wanted to recreate a tobacco cigarette as much as possible because I felt it was the only way to get me to switch... Once you realize you can get the same satisfaction from using more appealing flavors (banana, grape soda, coffee), tobacco flavors become less and less appealing... in fact I have quite a few tobacco variants that are just sitting there partially filled, not at all impressed... I think I will just keep them in case I run out of good tasting juice while waiting for more good stuff to arrive.

Couldnt have said it better Elem. It takes a while when youre a noob to get your tastebuds back, but when they finally wake up, BAM ! :thumbsup: Its kinda like someone who quit smoking 3 years ago telling a smoker "you can do it, its EASY". Yeah, right. While its not easy. vaping is BY FAR the best way to quit. But, I thinks its VITAL that you know from the start youre NOT going to get any flavor tobacco that tastes EXACTLY like your name brand. Thats what I kept shopping around for my first few weeks. Finally I realized, they actually taste BETTER than tobacco. Its a learning process, and WELL worth the lesson.

Couldnt have said it better Elem. It takes a while when youre a noob to get your tastebuds back, but when they finally wake up, BAM ! :thumbsup: Its kinda like someone who quit smoking 3 years ago telling a smoker "you can do it, its EASY". Yeah, right. While its not easy. vaping is BY FAR the best way to quit. But, I thinks its VITAL that you know from the start youre NOT going to get any flavor tobacco that tastes EXACTLY like your name brand. Thats what I kept shopping around for my first few weeks. Finally I realized, they actually taste BETTER than tobacco. Its a learning process, and WELL worth the lesson.

Yep you guys, I think you nailed it. I'm really looking forward to trying some other flavors. I'm really impatient for that VP2! :D

One part of the question I forgot to answer, flavors. I dont try to mix my own, just not my style. Some people do and it works out well for them, i guess Im just too lazy. What ive found that gives me more bang for my buck, when times are tight, Arno at Awesomevapor.com gives a free sample bottle with every purchase. Free is my favorite price. And that was how I got the courage to try my first non-traditional tobacco flavor ( I ALWAYS got either Marlboro or Camel), so I tried his 555. WOW, was it good. So I tried someone elses 555 AND RY4. HOLY CATS ! The floodgates opened, I was in a new universe ! I havent used my Marlboro or Camel juice since. I STILL have 3 bottles of Marlboro I havent touched. I have tried some cola and pepsi liquid, and theyre ok, not something Id vape on a daily basis. Ive also tried Vanilla, got that one for my wife, and again, ok, not my fav. But, its all personal. Im dying to try peanut butter ( Im a PB fiend), coconut, and apple. Long story short, vaping is like an ongoing buffet at Golden Corral, it just keeps gettin better ! :thumbsup:

That's great! I'll check out Awsomevapor.com soon. One that looks intriguing to me is watermelon - can't say why, I'm not a watermelon nut or anything. Just sounds like a 'cool' way to get nicotine. :D

While we're on the subject, I'm a heavy smoker - 24mg juice doesn't even come close to cutting it, and 36mg was barely making it when I had some. I've found that 36mg juice is fairly rare among suppliers, and am seriously considering just buying a bunch of 36mg or stronger unflavored juice to try flavoring myself.

Is there a source out there (I've looked in the supplier forum) for large bottles of juice? 30 ml is far too small a purchase size for my interest, particularly given the 'stock up' motto. Sure, I could buy 10 30 ml bottles or something, but that just seems backwards to me. I'd rather just buy it by the gallon. (Just kidding! Mostly. ;))

I noted that Totally Wicked has 54mg juice for cutting down to a rational mix, but I'm not sure yet how one would do that (I'm investigating). Thing is, I can't see what volume that juice comes in. I'm hesitant to buy anything I don't know what I'm getting. This is all fairly perplexing, and there doesn't seem to be any hard and fast info - at least not what I'm looking for, where I'm looking. I admit that I haven't given this as much time as I guess I'm going to have to.

Help, as always, greatly appreciated.

That's great! I'll check out Awsomevapor.com soon. One that looks intriguing to me is watermelon - can't say why, I'm not a watermelon nut or anything. Just sounds like a 'cool' way to get nicotine. :D

While we're on the subject, I'm a heavy smoker - 24mg juice doesn't even come close to cutting it, and 36mg was barely making it when I had some. I've found that 36mg juice is fairly rare among suppliers, and am seriously considering just buying a bunch of 36mg or stronger unflavored juice to try flavoring myself.

Is there a source out there (I've looked in the supplier forum) for large bottles of juice? 30 ml is far too small a purchase size for my interest, particularly given the 'stock up' motto. Sure, I could buy 10 30 ml bottles or something, but that just seems backwards to me. I'd rather just buy it by the gallon. (Just kidding! Mostly. ;))

I noted that Totally Wicked has 54mg juice for cutting down to a rational mix, but I'm not sure yet how one would do that (I'm investigating). Thing is, I can't see what volume that juice comes in. I'm hesitant to buy anything I don't know what I'm getting. This is all fairly perplexing, and there doesn't seem to be any hard and fast info - at least not what I'm looking for, where I'm looking. I admit that I haven't given this as much time as I guess I'm going to have to.

Help, as always, greatly appreciated.

As far a keg o' juice, as I was interested in at first, I think youll find like I did, this stuff REALLY last a long time. Also, totally wicked, I believe, is located in the U.K., so you may have a customs problem. I DONT want to give a supplier a bad ref here, just something to think about. As for buying large quantity, i.e. five 10ml bottles intstead of 1 50, most suppliers will throw you a bone when you order that way. I know if you CALL wordupecig.com and talk to Jeff, hes usually pretty good about that, as is Arno. Im sure MOST of them do, I just know they do because Ive used them. AND , theyre in the U.S., which is a good thing. There ARE ways to make it last longer with mixing your own, but thats not my area of expertise. There are some videos here on VT that may help you with that. ALSO, VaporTalk just opened its store with some awesome juice you might try. Another flavor I keep forgetting to order is grape, people RAVE about it big time.

You know keenan, as I was talking about Totally Wicked I was thinking about the customs issue. It'd sure blow to have customs snag my expensive order because they just want to. I generally have, and will continue to cultivate, a desire to spend my money as locally as possible. I'll give these folks you mentioned my first shot. I really believe in personal recommendations, and I appreciate your good will.

I'll take your observation re the longevity of bottle size to heart, as you have the experience I don't. I'll go ahead and purchase multiples of 30s and see how that goes. I'm not big on mixing my own juice other than as a general rule I make everything I use that I can make. I make my own aftershave too. :)

Let me throw in a good word for Vapor4Life. I made an emergency order of cartomizers Friday, and they hit my porch this afternoon, with a bonus. That is great service!

How do you like you Vapor King? I love mine had it for 8 days its my fourth type and wish it was my first. A VK and a 510 is all I need....Gonna do a follow up on it soon in the written review section maybe next week,trying some stuff with it now to report on...

Hi Steve. If the VK had more volume I'd like it better. I'm finding the passthrough to be more satisfactory than the batteries, but I'll tell you what, this thing has replaced at least half my analogs - which is saying something, I'm a diehard smoker. ;)

Hi Steve. If the VK had more volume I'd like it better. I'm finding the passthrough to be more satisfactory than the batteries, but I'll tell you what, this thing has replaced at least half my analogs - which is saying something, I'm a diehard smoker. ;)

The Pass thru is it the VK 5 volt one??

I have only used 5 cartomizers in 10 days and I find some just work better than others.One of the Carts a cherry one as a sample with the kit, I cleaned out and filled with menthol and this one rules.The 510 adapter I bought doesnt seem to work as well as the VK batteries. I have also washed a few in hot water and let dry(2 days) and refilled a few times, havnt killed one yet.IF better vapor with more consistancy is your ticket then look into a Joye 510 model.

There is no shame in smoking analogs here.I just swapped for personnal reasons and this is my replacement.Worked for me from day one...

Yeah, I've been told the passthrough is 5V. It does a nice job. I know what you mean about some carts working better than others. I've been about half successful taking them apart to refill, and they don't work quite as well as when they're new. But I haven't tried cleaning them either. Might do that.

Really, I'm seriously looking forward to that VP2. I ordered 801 attys, not sure whether they or 901s would be better. I think people just have their preferences. Haven't thought about trying the 510 but if everyone else's experience is any measure I'm sure I will eventually. :)

Yeah, I've been told the passthrough is 5V. It does a nice job. I know what you mean about some carts working better than others. I've been about half successful taking them apart to refill, and they don't work quite as well as when they're new. But I haven't tried cleaning them either. Might do that.

Really, I'm seriously looking forward to that VP2. I ordered 801 attys, not sure whether they or 901s would be better. I think people just have their preferences. Haven't thought about trying the 510 but if everyone else's experience is any measure I'm sure I will eventually. :)

Right now I have too many different kinds of E-Cigs I am going to use the old stuff up and stick with the Vapor King and 510 only..Too many chargers etc to keep up with..

I cant help with the 901,801 stuff but your VK should be able to use 901 atty and carts but it would be a mile long LOL..

Hi all just signed up .I have been vaping for just over five months no analogs in four.

Hi Mcquinn welcome to the forums....I am just around 4 months now not even a slip since day one....This forum has a great group running it and a wealth of honest reviews by the members...