Cool Fire II Acting Up

So I was sitting there vaping on my Cool fire II with an EVOD had just replaced the battery with a freshly charged one and suddenly I noticed that it started to remain firing after I took my finger off the button.

The coil/battery connection began getting very hot. I did not let the device "Ghost" fire long enough to see if the 10 second cutoff would initiate. Freaked me out. I unscrewed the tank then screwed it back on and I can hear the coil firing at what seems to be at a very low voltage.

Put the EVOD on my ohm meter and its fine. I put a different tank on the unit and as soon as The coil made contact with the battery it started firing on its own again.

There hasn't been any major e liquid leakage on the battery ever.

What is it with my luck and Innokin MODS!?!! :wtf:

So I was sitting there vaping on my Cool fire II with an EVOD had just replaced the battery with a freshly charged one and suddenly I noticed that it started to remain firing after I took my finger off the button.

The coil/battery connection began getting very hot. I did not let the device "Ghost" fire long enough to see if the 10 second cutoff would initiate. Freaked me out. I unscrewed the tank then screwed it back on and I can hear the coil firing at what seems to be at a very low voltage.

Put the EVOD on my ohm meter and its fine. I put a different tank on the unit and as soon as The coil made contact with the battery it started firing on its own again.

There hasn't been any major e liquid leakage on the battery ever.

What is it with my luck and Innokin MODS!?!!  :wtf:

I have never had any luck with Innokin ether that's why I bought my provari

Innokin has seemed to be nothing but problems for me. First the issue with my 134 (Which I fixed by blindly disassembling it) and now this crap with the Cool Fire II.
:withstupid:

I gotta find a better manufacturer to purchase from. :blink:

I have a different problem with my coolfire 2, I was cleaning it and the adjustment ring came off. Im not sure if a piece fell down and i cant find it or what, but now the ring spins freely. I can still fire it but i dont know if i am firing at the power that it is set on or what....

Im through with Innokin Products! :wallbash:

Anyone have any suggestions on a good VV VW mod that has a dependable track record?

Edited by Tom74

Cool, Cool... I talked to the vendor I purchased the Cool Fire II from and he's willing to replace it.

Kinda funny though, I had to throw up the fact that only AUTHORIZED innokin vendors must honor returns on defective merchandise up to 3 months after the date of purchase. I bought my cool fire II on Feb. 4th so Im like 2 weeks within the window.

Whew!!! :animier:

See if he would let you upgrade to a SVD, VTR or even a MVP.....you'll be happier...

Unfortunately I cant do that. I had to almost literally twist this guys arm to replace the cool fire 2. He wasn't going to honor the 3 month manufacturers warranty so I called him out on it and he finally decided he would exchange it with a new one.

Im learning alot on the web about mechanical mods right now. Seems to be the way to go. Don't have to contend with this microprocessor BS malfunction garbage. I got my eye on a Maraxus clone right now. Looks pretty sweet!