Question About Glycerin

Justin

if i found the carts i bought being a first time vaper have too much nicotine for me could i buy a bottle of glycerin and dilute it even though the juice was probably made with pg?

Short answer, yes.

Long answer:

If you are using prefilled carts it will be hard to dilute them simply by dropping some glycerin on them. You will have glycerin on the top and your e-juice below. If this is the case I would get a bottle of juice, rinse your cart filler, and refill them yourself. But, if you are buying juice, you can already lower the strength by buying a lower nic strength.

If you have juice and are trying to dilute it, then glycerin will be fine. It is a lot thicker than PG so you will have to mess with it a bit to get the proper consistency.

Indy hit the nail on the head.

Another Cool thing when "cutting" with VG is that it will also create more and thicker vapor. This vapor does tend to linger in the air a bit longer. I like cutting with VG myself.

VG is smoother on the throat if that's what you are looking for.

Cya,

I'd like to point out, just in case there is a "G" confusion.

PG is Propylene Glycol and that is what is in your carts.

VG is Vegetable Glycerin and is probably not in your pre-filled carts.

The two will mix and vape, you'll just have to make sure that you stir it up well.

I just thought I'd clear that up in case it was an issue with the "G", the two are not the same.

I'd like to point out, just in case there is a "G" confusion.

PG is Propylene Glycol and that is what is in your carts.

VG is Vegetable Glycerin and is probably not in your pre-filled carts.

The two will mix and vape, you'll just have to make sure that you stir it up well.

I just thought I'd clear that up in case it was an issue with the "G", the two are not the same.

Dude, you hit the "G" on the spot !!! DHO!!!!!!!!!!

Dude, you hit the "G" on the spot !!! DHO!!!!!!!!!!

Dude! What the heck is DHO? The urban dictionary didn't have it, This is all I could find on the acronym;

DHO District Health Office

DHO District Health Officer (Pakistan)

DHO Discipline Hearing Officer (Federal Bureau of Prisons)

DHO District Hearing Officer

DHO District Horticulture Officer (India)

DHO Down Hill Only (UK ski club)

DHO Department of Highways Ontario (prior name of Ministry of Transportation Ontario)

DHO Dangerous Hillside Order

DHO Disaster Housing Officer (FEMA)

DHO Day Hospital Oncologico (Italy)

DHO Diversified Health occupation

DHO David Henrie Online (fan website)

DHO Directed Hands-On (training procedure for instructing students)

DHO mono-deuterated water (chemical formula)

DHO Deck Hatch Opened

DHO Digital Hand-Off (telephony)

DHO Dan Hayes Orchestra (Chicago, IL)

So which is it? How does it apply here, can you elaborate? And what the heck is deuterated water? Is that water with a hysterectomy?

Yes if it's too strong you can dilute it, and you should use bottles of e-liquid not filled cartridges. Just make sure you mix well & don't spill any on your skin... As nicotine can be adsorbed through your skin & in high dosages be fatal. A small amount probably won't hurt you... But you sure wouldn't want to take a bath in several milliliters worth of e-liquid at once =) just use caution as you would with any dangerous substance. And keep it away from children.

• 5 months later...

Dude! What the heck is DHO? The urban dictionary didn't have it, This is all I could find on the acronym;

I maybe wrong here but I think the DHO was meant to be D'OH I phrase mad famous by Homer Simpson and you will find that in the Oxford English Dictionary