New comer Nuvape89

nuvape89

Hey everyone,

Just introducing myself. Nothing special here. New to vaping.

I do have a question, though. I think I just got ripped off.

I recently purchased a new vape kit after like 2 hours of researching about vapes (I knew absolutely nothing about vapes, carts, atomizers, tanks, etc). I read that an eGo starter kit was the best way to go for beginners. I now know that Joyetech makes the original "eGo", but I didn't know that eGo also meant a general term for similar eGo-like batteries.

I googled eGo Twist starter kit and I was brought to a website that sold the Activape brand Ego Twist. Again, at the time, I knew absolutely nothing about vapes when I made the purchase. I assumed Activape was the sole producer of the eGo Twist battery.

I purchased the Activape Ego-T Twist2 starter kit. It comes with one of their Ego-T Twist 2 battery, a Kanger EVOD atomizer, case, and charger.

http://www.egovape.com/egtwkitbyac.html

After a ton of research, I'm now seeing many other manufacturers selling their Ego-Twist products for around the same price, but with two of each! Two batteries and Two carts/tanks/atty/clearos!

I'm pretty sure I got ripped off. I've also read about the bad reputation that Activape has with scamming some of their customers.

Welcome,

There are a lot of different Ego battery's out there. What mah, finish and vendor will reflect the price. All vendors have different prices. You may not have been ripped off, but you may have over paid.

You need to beware when buying anything ecig related. Do your research before buying. Buy from reputable vendors that support forums.

Edited by Scuba-Matt

So I should have done my research before I made the purchase. I had was too impatient!

So I bought the vape kit from www.Egovape.com. I never received an email confirmation so I don't know what my tracking number is. I went to their "contact us" page on their website and emailed them. After 3 days, no response. I just emailed them again.

Just did some digging into "Egovape". So I googled their name, trying to find out some info. I know that they are located at ### Kaplain Ave, City of Industry, CA. I Yelped them and it turns out they are actually called "Titan Import" and they are actually an airsoft gun parts vendor.

What the hell is going on here?! Are they a vape store or an airsoft store?

Their Yelp reviews are horrible. All bad reviews. Bad customer service. Shipments don't go out until 3-4 days after the purchase. No response by email contact. Can't leave voicemails.

Until I get my vape, all I can say is stay away from this place.

Unfortunately we have most all gotten ripped off .Search engines give preference to paid advertisers .Chalk it up to education. Most of them are good devices. China manufactures a little different than most companies . For the most part they farm out production to little shops all over the country ,the same shop might make three or four different competing brands. Enjoy and feel free to ask what ever questions that pop into your head. Someone will have an answer .

Thanks for the insight guys. Definitely a stranger seller. I made the online purchase last Thursday. Called my bank to see if they could cancel the transaction or something. Theyre telling me that the transaction hasnt even gone through Visa yet. It's still pending after 6 days (or 4 business days). They cant do anything until the transaction actually goea through.

In the meantime,I went to the local Vapor Parlor and bought me a legit Joyetech eGo Twist!

post-30139-0-86848200-1397007065_thumb.j