Oh, good golly, and I know this will pass, unless people start contacting legislators NOW.

spydre

https://www.facebook.com/CASAAmedia/posts/10152453731382868

Basically saying the IL Department of Health has to establish "special packaging" and standards, etc., for all e-juice packaging. Also, from the date of the law going into effect, until the such a time as when the Dept of Health can implement and design such packaging, and put such regulations in place (a process that could take up to two years, just for a child-proof bottle and some regulations for using such), e-juice sales would be BANNED in the state of Illinois until then. WTF????

First off, the Dept of Health has NO knowledge of what the legislature would be asking them to step in to do. I have no problems with having the state require the health department come up with "special packaging" and regulations about the use of said packaging, but it's just STUPID to ban the sales of juice in the state for as long as that process takes. It's cutting off tax dollars, for one, and people can still buy online.

As far as the legislation in the first place, well, requiring child proof containers is all well and good, but I've yet to see a bottle that can hold 120 mls that is child-proofed. Also, what about juices the REQUIRE glass bottles because they are tank crackers, and what about the shops that sell the juices from out of state vendors, or online vendors, that use glass bottles? I can't see the vendors approving that the shop repackage their item into the state's "approved child-proof packaging" to sell in their shop. Heck, that would KILL the business of one local shop - they ONLY carry the juices from online vendors, and they are ONLY in glass bottles. What I see is if the local retailers ask for permission to repackage into the state's "approved type packaging", the vendors will pull just pull their product from the retailer.

And that's not even getting into whether the Dept of Health knows enough about e-juice to address the issue, or knows ANYTHING about packaging.