Vapture?

KeithNYC

So my wife and I are waiting for our first ecig order (we opted for the 510) from cignot.com which, by the way, has excellent customer service. I was getting a little impatient today, so after work I walked across the street from my office to a smoke shop to see if they happen to sell any ecigs or liquids. I figured if they did, it'd really work out well to just buy the juice local and not have to wait or pay for shipping.

I asked the manager if they sold ecigs, and he showed me the one starter kit they offered. It was (I believe) called Vapture which resembled a supermini and came with a USB pass thru and a PCC. The price? $125!

I tried googling for it when I got home, thinking this must be the Rolls of ecigs (or just the standard NYC midtown 200% markup), as the manager insisted whatever price I found online for this kit would not be cheaper than their offer. To no avail.

Has anyone heard of this?

-Keith

So my wife and I are waiting for our first ecig order (we opted for the 510) from cignot.com which, by the way, has excellent customer service. I was getting a little impatient today, so after work I walked across the street from my office to a smoke shop to see if they happen to sell any ecigs or liquids. I figured if they did, it'd really work out well to just buy the juice local and not have to wait or pay for shipping.

I asked the manager if they sold ecigs, and he showed me the one starter kit they offered. It was (I believe) called Vapture which resembled a supermini and came with a USB pass thru and a PCC. The price? $125!

I tried googling for it when I got home, thinking this must be the Rolls of ecigs (or just the standard NYC midtown 200% markup), as the manager insisted whatever price I found online for this kit would not be cheaper than their offer. To no avail.

Has anyone heard of this?

-Keith

Never heard of Vapture, but even in NYC ( where I grew up) $125.00 is ridiculous for an e cig when you can get them so cheap online. Of course, if you GOTTA have it right away, then you gotta have it. And remember, most ecigs are made by the same manufacturer in China, then revamped over here by the suppliers. Unfortunatly, there are some shady dealers out there that charge a fortune for a $ 49.00 starter kit.

If you want a good reliable kit relatively fast ( 2-3 days shipping usually,), check out awesomevapor.com or wordupecig.com, or check out our suppliers forum for some other reputable suppliers

Interesting. I've never heard of the Vapture. I even tried doing a quick google on it and it's not coming up anywhere. If it doesn't come up right away then that's all the effort I really want to do on researching it lol. $125 sure sounds like a ripoff and I doubt that it would perform any better than a smoking everywhere kit. I suggest just sitting tight and waiting for your 510 to come in. It's definitely the best model you can start off with. You won't regret it.

Oh...and welcome to the forum! :thumbsup:

I have not heard of this brand. Unfortunately alot of the local truck stops and smoke shops are selling CHEAPLY MADE starter kits for a huge markup. They figure the average Joe walking into the store doesn't know what an e-cig is and how much it costs so they mark it up huge! The majority purchase online and truthfully, any starter kits that cost more than 60$ in my opinion is a complete rip off. My friend bought a smoking-everywhere starter kit from the mall for $125, sound familiar? The atomizers died on him within a couple days, and one of the batteries didnt work. Typical business, when you buy in bulk most companies give the seller a list of what the merchant can get for resale value. If its not a big markup, why carry it?! So i would definitely not buy this kit especially since you have the 510 on the way! If your interested in spending that kind of money, buy a quality product. Check out Vaprlife.com, or soon to be Vaportalkstore.com in a couple weeks. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys - yeah I was pretty shocked at the price as well. We did a lot of research before finally placing an order, so I knew $125 seemed way out of the park.

I gotta say though, the packaging and branding was pretty top notch. I'll check back there tomorrow and just make sure I got the name right.

I love this guy...lol!!!

OK, I'm back, I got the hint since no one followed me there and I was all alone!

Hey, Green, How's the pass-thru working for you? I hope it all got there in one piece or however many pieces I sent, you know what I mean.

I wish sending it was as easy as paying for it. They ought to make a transporter thingy like in Star Trek, put it on the pad and....wwwwoooobbbbb....it's at your place! You ought to invent that, just don't let any fly's in the box with you.