Hot Batt

keenan

OK, Moderater has a noob question. Ive never had this happen before. I have an unused ashtray I set my 510 in between vapes. I just went to pick it up, and I got a friggin BLISTER the damn thing was so hot. It was so hot I dont know if it was the batt or att that was heating up. Let it cool, took it apart and theres plenty of juice, the button was not depressed. Any Ideas ?

OK, Moderater has a noob question. Ive never had this happen before. I have an unused ashtray I set my 510 in between vapes. I just went to pick it up, and I got a friggin BLISTER the damn thing was so hot. It was so hot I dont know if it was the batt or att that was heating up. Let it cool, took it apart and theres plenty of juice, the button was not depressed. Any Ideas ?

Hi n00b! You think maybe the button got stuck?

Never had an atty get that hot, but it is possible. The battery "may" be on the fritz and have a short in it. Have you tried using the unit since it cooled down?

Hrmm, i had a similar problem with my VP unit a week or so ago. I was using unprotected battery's though which was causing a short in term heating VP units battery cap to insane temperatures. Sometimes ive noticed my 510 button gets sticky and i almost have to pull it up sometimes. Could be that the button was pushed down on accident bud.

Edited by Sinikal

Never had an atty get that hot, but it is possible. The battery "may" be on the fritz and have a short in it. Have you tried using the unit since it cooled down?

Havent tried it yet. Gonna give it about a half hour to cool. I was thinking it may be the batt. Its almost new, only had it about a week.

Ok so the nurse in me is coming out. Put a little ice on your thumb you can do that for 20 min at a time with 20 min breaks, Tylenol for pain every 4 hours. watch for signs of infection and calll your dr if it looks infected.Do not pop the blister it is natures band aid if you leave it alone the skin underneath will heal before it pops by it's self.If the blister does break put some neosporin on it and keep it covered until it heals.

As for the batty atty issue...can't help ya there !!!!

I'm confused, batty or atty? If the battery, dump it quick. I've had off brands of regular batteries do that and you just have to know that's no good.

Thats just it, I couldnt tell which was hot. It seemed like the att was hotter than the batt, but the heat may have transferred. About to give it a secong go.

If the battery was hot, get rid of it quick, do not use it again it could explode like a 410 shell in your face! if it was the atty that got hot then you probably had a short in the battery that caused the unit to power. I take it that it is a manual battery? is it sealed? or does it have a hole in to top under where the atty threads on to the battery. If it has a hole there then it's more than likely that juice got in there and caused the button to short in the closed position (on). Blow it out with canned air or an air compressor and don't get too much juice in the atty in the future. I just drip 3 or 4 drops at a time.

i've had nothing but battery problems...copper-4081-801-3.7v-14500, the charger says its done, put battery in and nothing, try different atty nothing, its not the carts because i drip.... :thumbsdown:

i've had nothing but battery problems...copper-4081-801-3.7v-14500, the charger says its done, put battery in and nothing, try different atty nothing, its not the carts because i drip.... :thumbsdown:

So you have one of the Mods that Muldrick sells? And it takes a 3.7 volt 14000mAh battery? How long have you used it before the battery started giving you trouble?

You have a meter? Only way to tell for sure. Check all contacts, atty seated, etc?

Hrmm, i had a similar problem with my VP unit a week or so ago. I was using unprotected battery's though which was causing a short in term heating VP units battery cap to insane temperatures. Sometimes ive noticed my 510 button gets sticky and i almost have to pull it up sometimes. Could be that the button was pushed down on accident bud.

Why are you using unprotected batteries in your VP2? All four of the batteries that I received from Jesso have been protected, are you using some off-brand battery that you got at Radio Shack or something?

Ok so the nurse in me is coming out. Put a little ice on your thumb you can do that for 20 min at a time with 20 min breaks, Tylenol for pain every 4 hours. watch for signs of infection and calll your dr if it looks infected.Do not pop the blister it is natures band aid if you leave it alone the skin underneath will heal before it pops by it's self.If the blister does break put some neosporin on it and keep it covered until it heals.

As for the batty atty issue...can't help ya there !!!!

Hey, DOC.... It hurts when I do this !!!!!!

So you have one of the Mods that Muldrick sells? And it takes a 3.7 volt 14000mAh battery? How long have you used it before the battery started giving you trouble?

yea i got a copper it runs ok but eat batteries :thumbsdown:...my question is can you retrain batteries... :thumbsup:

Edited by xsnut