510 Atty Issue

mrx2578

Hello everyone...

I just purchased 2 510 kits from e-smokeytreats and when they arrived I noticed the band on the atty was thicker then my awesomevapor one. I've been reading that its just cosmetic. one was completely dead and I know that happens....but the other three just dont seem right to me. I get alot of vapor but little or no throat hit and it seems like I'm sucking alot of air through. when I put the same cart on the "thin" band atty the draw is much thicker and the throat hit is great. it it possible that the new atty lets in too much air? is it a bad atty (it does produce vapor)

thanks in advance

Eric

Hey mrx, you're right about the bands just being cosmetic. My 510 have thin bands, but I've seen others with with thick bands. Shouldn't change the performance of it. I do have a couple of new attys that are probably doing about the same thing as yours are. Producing vapor, but not much with little throat hit. I figure they're just new and just need to be broken in, but I haven't gotten around to it yet since I have a few good ones still. I should probably try breaking one of them in tonight.

Ask him if it's actually from Joye some suppliers are not selling 510's from Joye. Please don't think I'm knocking him as a supplier I'm just throwing the information out there. A few manufactures in China are now creating 510's but they're not legit Joye models. The problem is, it's the word of the supplier. When you look at for example a "SLB 510" it looks almost exactly like a normal Joye 510.

Let us know how it ends up working out for you.

Give your atty's a break in period.. I never think a new atty works very well at all at first. Usually takes a few hours of vaping before it starts kicking in high gear.

I hear this regularly, that it takes a while to break in a new atty. I have not had this problem. I have had 510's from Totally Wicked, 901 and 801's from AwesomeVapor.com and they haven't tasted funny except for the first vape and none of them have ever vaped better after a while than when I first used them. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I am currently using the 801LB from AwesomeVapor and they vape perfectly on my VP2 from start to finish every time. I have found that they fall off in vapor production after about a month and I just shelve them and use a new one with no problem.

Ive been using the same attys I got a month and a half ago from awesome vapor, still BILLOWING clouds. I have gotten 2 new attys since, and honestly I cant tell which are new and which are old. The only "new" item Ive had a problem with is a batt, I honestly dont remember where I got it from, but its very weak, almost seems like it doesnt have enuff power to do the job even when fully charged. If I remember correctly, where I bought it had a footnote that siad. "these are not genuine 510 batts, but we think they are just as good" Well, I either got a dud or they didnt really test them.

Ive been using the same attys I got a month and a half ago from awesome vapor, still BILLOWING clouds. I have gotten 2 new attys since, and honestly I cant tell which are new and which are old. The only "new" item Ive had a problem with is a batt, I honestly dont remember where I got it from, but its very weak, almost seems like it doesnt have enuff power to do the job even when fully charged. If I remember correctly, where I bought it had a footnote that siad. "these are not genuine 510 batts, but we think they are just as good" Well, I either got a dud or they didnt really test them.

I bought a Multi-Pack of 901 batts from Totally Wicked that were the s hits. Three of the five quit within two weeks, they lost my business and recommendations. I'm all about AwesomeVapor.com and VaprLife.com now, they know how to treat customers the first time and the products are great!

Edited by TheSmokingMan

[rant]

Hey all thanks for all of the replies...

Here is how all of this went down

Unfortunately Arno's site was down because of **evil** paypal..I needed to order right away and E-smokey had good reviews. Dont get me wrong the product and service has been great for the most part (Batteries chargers and juice) were all up to par...but that Atty (thick band) there was just something "Off" about it. 2 of then were dead and they RMA'd them and I am awaiting the new ones (bad batch maybe?) I kept the other 2 to break them in since they were vaping... the break in seems to be working and I am getting a moderate to light throat hit now

Meanwhile...

Arnos site came back up and I immediately ordered 2 attys from him. they got here today...and let me tell you..these things ROCKED right out of the box. As soon as I put it on I could feel a slight "Tug" while taking a pull from Arnos thin band design It seems to me that there is less air resistance in the "Wide" band letting more air in and taking away from the "hit" I get great vapor but no hit..I take the cart off and slap it onto Arno's and POW...big time throat hit.

If anyone at e-smokeytreats is reading this..I am in no way bashing you or your product. your help in this matter has been awesome...I am on a quest to see if all atty's are created equal..I can say now that is not the case. Maybe its as simple as chris said..they may not be genuine (But all signs point to they are from what I can tell)

Oh well...time to vape :-)

[/rant]

Eric

[rant]

Hey all thanks for all of the replies...

Here is how all of this went down

Unfortunately Arno's site was down because of **evil** paypal..I needed to order right away and E-smokey had good reviews. Dont get me wrong the product and service has been great for the most part (Batteries chargers and juice) were all up to par...but that Atty (thick band) there was just something "Off" about it. 2 of then were dead and they RMA'd them and I am awaiting the new ones (bad batch maybe?) I kept the other 2 to break them in since they were vaping... the break in seems to be working and I am getting a moderate to light throat hit now

Meanwhile...

Arnos site came back up and I immediately ordered 2 attys from him. they got here today...and let me tell you..these things ROCKED right out of the box. As soon as I put it on I could feel a slight "Tug" while taking a pull from Arnos thin band design It seems to me that there is less air resistance in the "Wide" band letting more air in and taking away from the "hit" I get great vapor but no hit..I take the cart off and slap it onto Arno's and POW...big time throat hit.

If anyone at e-smokeytreats is reading this..I am in no way bashing you or your product. your help in this matter has been awesome...I am on a quest to see if all atty's are created equal..I can say now that is not the case. Maybe its as simple as chris said..they may not be genuine (But all signs point to they are from what I can tell)

Oh well...time to vape :-)

[/rant]

Eric

Looks as though your doing your homework. This is the kind of information that we need here to be able to guide those less diligent to a proper source. Glad to see that my man Arno has pulled it out for you!

I bought a Multi-Pack of 901 batts from Totally Wicked that were the s hits. Three of the five quit within two weeks, they lost my business and recommendations. I'm all about AwesomeVapor.com and VaprLife.com now, they know how to treat customers the first time and the products are great!

Please don't tell me you had a bad experience with Totally Wicked. I have a $300 order waiting to be shipped Monday morning (my second order after purchasing the Titan w/charger box. I am 90% thrilled with the Titan and wanted to stock up so I wouldn't run out of supplies (ordered the screwdriver too, hoping for a little more vapor). This is my second day vaping (still smoking analog too, making a slow transition).

When I placed my second order I phoned in and the lady that helped me was very pleasant. I just hope after spending soo much money, the products will hold up.

Please don't tell me you had a bad experience with Totally Wicked. I have a $300 order waiting to be shipped Monday morning (my second order after purchasing the Titan w/charger box. I am 90% thrilled with the Titan and wanted to stock up so I wouldn't run out of supplies (ordered the screwdriver too, hoping for a little more vapor). This is my second day vaping (still smoking analog too, making a slow transition).

When I placed my second order I phoned in and the lady that helped me was very pleasant. I just hope after spending soo much money, the products will hold up.

As far as the automated order process and the delivery, they were fine. I'm not knocking them. They were a supplier that I purchased from on the first day of my insane eCig conversion spree. But I now prefer to do business with suppliers that I interact with here on the forum and the ones that take an active role in VaporTalk. Kind of like the shop local campaigns in small towns. I give my money to those that I know well and have a rapport with. Like AwesomeVapor.com, VaprLife.com and the VaporTalkStore.com. These suppliers contribute daily to the forum and its financial wellbeing, the VaporTalkStore is the main avenue of funding for this site and if I am going to enjoy what Chris has created here, I owe it to him to patronize his business, if I am to continue to enjoy the benefits of the fruits of his labor. Chris had done a great thing for me and I am very appreciative of him.

I have only had one defective item come from Totally Wicked and that was the multi pack of replacement 901 batteries. I don't use my 901 stuff after I have received my VP2s, because it's the bomb! (did I really just say that?)

Anyway, don't let it worry you, if you have a problem with their merchandise, they will honor their warranty as long as you act swiftly if you discover a problem because most eCig warranties are only two weeks on batteries and attys.