KPT mini/base issue

Okay, so I got a mini KPT mini 2 from the VT store (good price, too). Only has had one flavor in it, and it hasn't been USED that much because even though I tanked up the cinnamon I guess a week ago, maybe, I couldn't really get a taste for it again until last night. So, I took it upstairs with me, and I decided to change flavors. I went to take it off the VTR, and it ended up unscrewing from the base, leaving the base attached to the VTR. Well, it's rarely happened since I got the VTR, but it has happened, so I don't think anything of it. Now, just some background....when I put this coil in the tank, I first tried putting another coil in, but it would screw down with the other coil. It was a brand new coil, so I figured the press fit must have just not been pressed straight, and I would deal with it later. Well, I go to screw the base and coil this time back on the mini kpt2, and you guessed it, it wouldn't screw down.

I tried two different brand new coils. All three coils would screw down with the base on another KPT mini. Heck, even the base from the "problem tank" would screw down on other tanks, and other tanks' bases would screw down on it. It seems that it just has the problem when you introduce coils into the mix - coils that work fine with other tanks. I've tried brand new coils, coils that have been cleaned and dry burned, etc.

Wait - tried a coil that was straight out of a used KPT2, and it worked. Tried a coil from a different package, but still a genuine Kanger coil, as the other package was, and that worked....so maybe it could be just the coils from THAT package, even though they worked on the other KPT minis?