When Do I Need To Clean My Atomizer

Oddler

I've tried the RC Cola method with success on my old M-401s. For anyone that hasn't come across this one yet it's really simple. Just soak the atomizer in RC Cola (most colas work, but I read somewhere RC has the most acidity) then rinse it out really good and let it dry. A lot like back when you used some coke to clean off dirty pennies in school.

Denture cleaner works well also, Did you know that most colas have an acidity level high enough to cook a steak. Don't try it tough, it will ruin a porterhouse, tastes like crap.

Denture cleaner works well also, Did you know that most colas have an acidity level high enough to cook a steak. Don't try it tough, it will ruin a porterhouse, tastes like crap.

Does soaking the atomizer in Crest mouthwash work as well as the denture cleaner or boiling methods?

Does soaking the atomizer in Crest mouthwash work as well as the denture cleaner or boiling methods?

I wouldn't use mouthwash. Seems to me it would just leave behind residue without really breaking up anything on the atomizer. But hey, if you have an atomizer to offer up to the Vape Gods go for it and see what happens. Nothing wrong with experimenting on an old atomizer that has already pulled a couple tours of duty. The most important thing it to really rinse it off good after cleaning, you don't want to be vaporizing Crest Mouthwash I would imagine.

I personally didn't like the unique flavor of Johnson Creek Juice. I generally use Vapor Talk Juice or AwesomeVapor.com Juice.

I would love to stick to VT (actually I would love to mix JC and VT). BUT VT HAS NO NON!!!! HINT HINT HINT...

It is absolutely my fav juice, and trust me, I'm staring at exactly 20 bottles of juice (three more coming from innovapor, Stubear turned me on to them and the ecopure). But I want to go 0mg and kick the physical habit I've had for so long.

I wouldn't use mouthwash. Seems to me it would just leave behind residue without really breaking up anything on the atomizer. But hey, if you have an atomizer to offer up to the Vape Gods go for it and see what happens. Nothing wrong with experimenting on an old atomizer that has already pulled a couple tours of duty. The most important thing it to really rinse it off good after cleaning, you don't want to be vaporizing Crest Mouthwash I would imagine.

[/quote

Yeah, vaping Crest doesn't sound good, I think that I will try the boiled water method.

Yeah, vaping Crest doesn't sound good, I think that I will try the boiled water method.

FYI - I use a wooden spoon to cradle the attys (801s and 510s) in the boiling water to prevent the heat transfer from the bottom of the pan to the atty. I also have a strainer that will dip into the water without touching the bottom of the pan, I'll probably try that as well.

FYI - I use a wooden spoon to cradle the attys (801s and 510s) in the boiling water to prevent the heat transfer from the bottom of the pan to the atty. I also have a strainer that will dip into the water without touching the bottom of the pan, I'll probably try that as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, using a strainer to hold the atomizers greatly simplified the process.

The methods that I hear that work the best for those that have tried it are Denture Cleaner and just plain boiling water. if you are worried about residue the don't use anything that has sugar in it like Coca Cola or mouthwash. Sugars do not effect heating elements with a vary positive outcome. I'm sure that you have heard of putting sugar in someones gas tank to kill their engine, well it's the heat the locks it up along with the gluing effect of sugar. Propylene Glycol is soluble in water and as long as you atty wasn't crusted with a lot of baked on residue, I would think that the boiling water method would be best if the atty was salvageable at all. If that didn't work and I was sure that it was salvageable then I'd try the Denture Cleaner method and boil it afterward. If that still didn't work, a new atty is only 10 bucks, almost the price of two packs of analogues. I just wouldn't sweat it!