Cleaning/dry burning coils

spydre

Okay, recently (since I ran out of vodka in December and had to wait until January to get more), I'd gone back to only cleaning my coils under hot water unless they were strong enough flavored juices to warrant going into the vodka (once I got vodka, that is; prior to that, I saved what I THOUGHT would need vodka until I got MORE vodka). Should I doing a vodka soak on all coils I plan to recycle?

Haven't tried boiling them....and I know one site recommended sitting it the coffee carafe (I think) and maybe running water through a brew cycle to soak it in really hot water for a while, but I know my SO would NOT be happy with me commandeering the coffee maker for a couple of hours unless it was on one of his FULL days at school (9 - 5).

If you're talking about the EVOD/Kanger type coils, I use Efferdent or Polident denture cleaning tabs. I pop the chimney piece off, get rid of the original clogged/toasted flavor wick, let sit in the denture water a while, gently brush the coil and replace the flavor wick with a short piece of cotton yarn - only 2 strands, not 4 - put it all back together when dry and use them again till next time. A box of denture tabs can be found at the dollar stores for cheap, and the yarn from anywhere you can find a roll. A roll of yarn will last A WHILE.