Protocol For New Atty

Blondie

Is there a certain protocol when you put on a new atty? What I mean is should you take a few draws off of it without inhaling ? Is there something the factory puts on the filament that should be burned off first? I have read that there is a break in time for atty's why is that?

Ive read that some type of "shipping juice" is put on them, just so they;re not accidently burned out by people when they first get them. I have NO idea how true that is. But I DO know, for some reason, when I first get one, it takes about half a day before they produce a good vapor.Im sure some veterans on here can explain it better.

Yes before you put power to your atty you need to make sure that it is NOT DRY. Other wise you risk damaging the atty or even breaking it. Usually i will put 2-3 drops on the new atty and just do a bunch of quick puffs to get the atty synced. I usually do 15 of them. Then i will re drip 2-3 drops and start taking long drags without inhaling. I do this about 3-4 times. Then after that you should be good to go. :thumbsup:

Like keenan said, some attys can take a few days to reach there full vape potential, so that is normal if its not producing alot of vapor at first. Just keep working at it :showoff:

You just need to drip and go. People like to state there is primer on the atty. It is actually unflavored juice. The juice is placed there to make sure new users don't accidentally draw on the atomizer without liquid. You'd be amazed how often this happens.

• 2 weeks later...

You can always just blow it out and drip fresh. Blow through the part the screws into the battery.

Thats what I do. You'll probably find that you will do that later on down the road quite a bit as you change flavors.

Please pardon me if I get too technical... ( with that said )... the advise given so far is good about making sure the atty is wet ( but do not flood it, especialy on a automatic e-cig as the sensor switch can get gummed up if liquid leaks down the hole through the center of an auto battery). The reason for the break in period is that the metal spring coil that actualy comprises the main functioning part of the atty is still "new" metal and has a somewhat polished finish. As the atty heats up and cools down the surface polish gets worn off and the spring coil develops a more uneven/ pitted texture to the surface which in turn creates more surface/contact area.

hope this helps.

When you refill a cartridge...are you actually refilling it or the atomizer?? I have only been using my ecig for about a month and I've been putting the drops on the cotton inside the filter looking part of the cig. I have not been putting the drops into the atomizer itself. I was reading these forums and it sounds like people are putting the drops into the atomizer and NOT onto the cotton part inside the filter. I just tried putting drops on the atomizer and I gotta say it made a huge difference. But, have I been doing it totally wrong all this time?? (I hope this makes sense to someone, lol)

When you refill a cartridge...are you actually refilling it or the atomizer?? I have only been using my ecig for about a month and I've been putting the drops on the cotton inside the filter looking part of the cig. I have not been putting the drops into the atomizer itself. I was reading these forums and it sounds like people are putting the drops into the atomizer and NOT onto the cotton part inside the filter. I just tried putting drops on the atomizer and I gotta say it made a huge difference. But, have I been doing it totally wrong all this time?? (I hope this makes sense to someone, lol)

Putting the drops on they atty is "dripping" putting the drops on the cotton or "cart" is "refilling" and "dipping" can only be done with certain model attys (anyone please correct me if im wrong) the bridge (little metal part inside) of the atty sticks out and you "dip" it in a little puddle of liquid. hope that helps

fyi i think there is a glossary somewhere on the forum maybe this should be added

Edited by Gazoo

Putting the drops on they atty is "dripping" putting the drops on the cotton or "cart" is "refilling" and "dipping" can only be done with certain model attys (anyone please correct me if im wrong) the bridge (little metal part inside) of the atty sticks out and you "dip" it in a little puddle of liquid. hope that helps

fyi i think there is a glossary somewhere on the forum maybe this should be added

Thanks for your response! Slowly but surely I am figuring this out. Thanks!!