Are RBA coils more dependable/last longer than the disposable coils?

spydre

The title says it all. I'm not talking about the wicks. I'm talking about the coils themselves. I seem to be running through Kanger coils lately (and granted, SOME of my large recent usage was replacing coils that probably needed to be replaced for a while, but were in seldom used tanks), but my most used tanks are running through coils lately. Okay, there may be something else going on in my 555 KPT tank, I don't have time to investigate it tonight, but one of the reasons I even TRIED the Aspire, despite knowing nothing about it, other than it was a pyrex BDC was because I've been disappointed with the Kanger coils I've been getting lately. A time or two, I'm sure I've replaced a coil that didn't need replaced, who knows.

So that's what I'm wondering. Even if it was just one one RBA for ONE of my every day vapes, that would make a HUGE difference if it lasted longer. Okay, I got one pack of coils, I think, last Friday, changed, changed the majority of my 5 main tanks. I've already had to change out the coil again in at least one of them other than my 555 - and I'm not even addressing the 555 tonight, because I have some detective work to do, but the 555 SEEMS to go through Kanger coils the most frequently. I should own stock in KangerTech at this point, I think.

Imo rba/rda's are deff worth trying!! The coils do seem to last forever! Like Mrwaylon said,seems like u only gata replace it when ure bord or wana experiment with it!! But like everything else in life practice makes perfect!

May wana use cotton rather than mesh to avoid shorts if u do decide to build!?!?

I'm leaning toward getting one (I'll be making a post on that), but it's likely going to be my SO that does the rebuilding - which means in all likelihood, unless I can convince one of the shops to build me a coil, I'll be waiting until he feels like he's "better" enough/had enough practice to make the coils well. I have hand issues + tremors, so using a torch or even a soldering iron may not be the best idea for me. He hasn't been at the RBA/RDA thing very long, and hasn't built very many coils yet, I don't think.

And yeah, was planning on probably doing cotton as the wicking material, since SO said that changing that out is MUCH easier than changing out silica or ecowool, which would be threaded THROUGH the coil, rather than around it, right? So he might run into issues if he was rewicking, threading the wick through the coil.