Ever hear of a VG allergy?

fjs340

Before I talk rashes let me tell you that I had a very invasive surgery a year ago. I was on soo much pain medication with codeine that I've had very dry and weird skin problems ever since. That being said, I've also had some strange very itchy rashes both before and since I started vaping last year. I have to the best of my knowledge used only vg juices, I am sure of it back when I started on the JC stuff, back then if I had a problem it was from contact and failing to wash my hands after handling e juice. I am past that now with tank systems that can be filled with no contact, plus am washing up immediately now.

Still getting a few small rashes; chest, upper arm, stomach and legs occasionally.

Any one else seen this reaction? Dermatologist says he thinks it's exima?

I havent heard of any particular VG allergies, most allergy type reactions I have heard of have been related to PG. Eczema is a fairly common skin condition. Have you talked to your dermatologist about allergic reactions?

Yeah, eczema can come at any time. And if it was from VG - from touching it, you would get it other than vaping, as it is too many things to count, not including food, hair products (gel in particular), etc. At least I'm pretty sure.

eczema really can show up at any time in life. sometimes stress can cause it to get worse. thats not to say something in the liquid you are vaping couldn't be causing a problem. possibly the flavoring? problem is....it could be anything in your environment. If you have decent insurance, you could always see an allergist....

Yeah, eczema can come at any time. And if it was from VG - from touching it, you would get it other than vaping, as it is too many things to count, not including food, hair products (gel in particular), etc. At least I'm pretty sure.

I agree but, early this year I was on a lot of pain (codiene based) medication after a surgery. I have had weird rashes and dry ichty places ever since. I had some samples that were 70/30 PG/VG so I did an experiment since they were the only PG liquids I had ever used, I vaped nothing but them yesterday as I have been having some rash/skin issues this year anyway. Wow this morning,my entire lower back is broken out with a rash and what was on my chest has gotten worse. I will definitely have to stick with 100% VG in the future.

Edited by fjs340

Been doing some more research on the rash thing, I'm finding a lot of people on various sites with the same problem and have found on several medical sites that it can simply be a reaction to quiting cigarettes! I quit the middle of last year, seems that would be gone by now?

I also found some people who do have VG allergies.

I have eczema on my hands. Thats the only place I have it. If I get any cleaners or harsh chemicals on my hands, it turns to mostly dried cracked skin and hurts like hell. I've noticed after handling my vape my fingers would dry out so I wash up just like any other time I get chemicals on my hands. It's been working pretty well for me.

Had to throw out two 12 ml bottles of 70/30 this week. I am also vaping only JC Red Oak blends this weekend, started yesterday to see if it helps the rash and today I find out a foot and mouth virus is going around locally but, I think I've had too long for that. That runs it's course in about 10 days. Symptoms and description are very similar.

Look at this video it has a lot of good info. But he's no doctor or anything.

http://youtu.be/S3mDzoGc254

Thanks, that was good information. By the way, rash is getting better better and it is not from contact with the liquids because I soaked a big bandage with 2.4 my juice and wore it on my forearm for 24 hours. Nothing showed up there!