Cartridges, How Long Do Those Last For?

nemesis

Do you mean how long you can vape on them after filling ? I put 5-6 drops in the cart and 2-3 on the atty and that lasts about as long as an analog, for me and my 510.

Or,do you mean how long does the cart last ? I've never had the plastic part wear out. I like to pull out the packing and rinse with water every 2-3 days, when the fibers get too nasty looking I throw it out and refill it with a small peice of poly off a aquarium filter, I know some people change the packin with tea bags,brass mesh,and those green scrubby things (for scrubbing pots) Do a search on e cig cart mods and you will find all kinds of ideas.

I stopped using cartridges and only direct drip now. But when I started vaping I used cartridges. How long a cartridge lasts really depends on what model you have. On my Joye510, a cartridge would last me about the same as 4 to 5 analog cigarettes. And that's only if I was lucky and actually vaped through all the juice. Most of the time only the juice at the tip closest to the atomizer would vape. The rest of the juice would get stuck inside the cartridge.

Do you mean how long you can vape on them after filling ? I put 5-6 drops in the cart and 2-3 on the atty and that lasts about as long as an analog, for me and my 510.

Or,do you mean how long does the cart last ? I've never had the plastic part wear out. I like to pull out the packing and rinse with water every 2-3 days, when the fibers get too nasty looking I throw it out and refill it with a small peice of poly off a aquarium filter, I know some people change the packin with tea bags,brass mesh,and those green scrubby things (for scrubbing pots) Do a search on e cig cart mods and you will find all kinds of ideas.

You only get about 5-6 drops in a 510 cartridge? I would get as much as 20 drops sometimes. Are you purposefully only putting 5-6 drops or is it because of the filling you're using?

Yeah, with my 510, I take the filler out and put 5 or 6 drops in, put the filler in and put about 5 to 7 more, just until the filler looks like a slushie. With that I get about 3 or 4 analogs worth of vaping. Sometimes more, sometimes less. I think a lot depends on how hard you draw in when you vape. Sometimes I get a brain freeze and inhale like an analog, only to get a lipful of juice. Ive heard people say it tastes like crap, but my RY4 tastes kinda sweet. I dont recommend drinking it though. Pretty sure youll turn green. :dribble:

You only get about 5-6 drops in a 510 cartridge? I would get as much as 20 drops sometimes. Are you purposefully only putting 5-6 drops or is it because of the filling you're using?

I do it that way for a couple of reasons, first I get less of that nasty tasting juice in my mouth.

It acts like a timer,if I fill the cart all the way, I won't stop vaping untill it's dry. I don't know if thats a bad thing, but I think I should put it down once in a while ( I have no self control )

And the biggest reason is it seems the flavor and throat hit is better, I get that burnt cart taste if I use it too

long.

I work out of my car, I only use carts when I'm Driving. At home I drip.

If I could figure out a safe way to drip and drive in heavy traffic iwould not use the carts.

• 2 weeks later...

if you refill with your own juice how long do cartridges last for?

Carts are re-usable as they are refillable. If the stuffing in the cart gives out, simply take the tea out of a teabag, unfold the teabag till its flat. Then cut a nice sized square out of it, roll it up...not too tight, but not too loose, fold the rolled up tea bag in half and put it in your cart folded side first, and cut to fit. The top of the atty shoud just hit the stuffing in the cart. Remember to keep your cart wet as a dry cart can make for some burnt, nasty tastes.

Carts are re-usable as they are refillable. If the stuffing in the cart gives out, simply take the tea out of a teabag, unfold the teabag till its flat. Then cut a nice sized square out of it, roll it up...not too tight, but not too loose, fold the rolled up tea bag in half and put it in your cart folded side first, and cut to fit. The top of the atty shoud just hit the stuffing in the cart. Remember to keep your cart wet as a dry cart can make for some burnt, nasty tastes.

BTW, i forgot to mention that i aways keep a lot of blank carts around. I try to keep a blank cart in even though i usually drip. A filled blank cart can help keep you from inhaling juice and getting it in your mouth.

When I DO restuff my carts I use Fluval. However, I must confess that what I mostly do is: use and keep topping up a cart until it either starts not working properly or tastes bad and then put it in a tin with loads of other used carts and start on a new one.... I normally get the best part of a week from a cart... I also change to a new cart if I'm switching juice flavour..

I just want to clarify on this. I'm not an expert but from what I have read the green scrubby things have some kinds of chemicals in them and are not good for cart filler. You want like the blue non abrasive scotch brite scrubby pads if you are going to use them.