Kayfun Lite / Russian 91% Clone

Well I finally got my Kayfun Lite / Russian 91% up and running yesterday. All I can say is wow what a device. I've got a 1.3 ohm microcoil with cotton in it and it is spewing vapor like no tomorrow (almost like an RDA). And to boot the flavor is the best I have had yet. The flavor is so intense that I actually thought a couple of times (and had to check) that I was swallowing the juice itself.

If anyone out there is on the fence about getting one, let me suggest that for the price of the clone I would suggest getting one. For the most part of last year I was using primarily a KPT2 (rebuilding my own coils) and I can honestly say that this far surpasses the KPT2 hands down in my opinion.

Now if I can just get the refilling part down to a science I will be set. A little more practice I guess. But overall no leaks or gurgling at all.

Have a happy vaptastic day.

Yep mine is vaping like a champ! I got hemp in mine instead of cotton. I just unscrew the tap cap and fill. As long as I vase it a few good times after filling I'm good. Where did you get yours from? There are a few different ones floating around out there. I got mine from FT, the one labeled Svomesto 3.1 styled blah blah 21ish bucks.

Edited by Proetus

You mean you fill it from the top without it leaking? I gotta try that and was wondering if possible. I got mine from an ebay seller and it was made by Tobeco and cost me I think $37 (ebay markup of course). My wife bought me a different version a Russian 91% made by Kebo, but I'm having problems with that one. The upper deck (positive post side) is loose and I've tried everything to get it tightened and no dice. I've googled it and others seemed to have a similar problem and posted a fix, but mine just wont tighten up. I will send it back eventually. So in the mean time I use the other one which works spotlessly. I'm absolutely in love with it and will buy another as a spare when I get home. Now I'm waiting on my Aqua clone. It arrived the day after I left the US for work. My wife mailed it to a friend who will bring it to me when he gets back to work.

Great post. I have been thinking about the Russian 91% for a week or so. I really want one but was on the fence about the Russian on kayfun lite.

Great post. I have been thinking about the Russian 91% for a week or so. I really want one but was on the fence about the Russian on kayfun lite.

Dragon, I think you said you work offshore, right? At any rate, you may want to contact the vendor of the 91% and let them know your situation - ie, that you'll need to send it back, but you can't until you are stateside again since it's at home (heck, can you even get postal delivery there?), so that if it's past the return period when you get back, you've notified them, and there shouldn't be any issues.

Great idea Spydre and thanks for that. I was sort of at a loss here not knowing what to do. Yes over here in Baghdad I do not have any mail service after the US forces left. I will have to skype my wife who will can get the paperwork that came with the package and send me their information to give them a call and email. Its definitely worth a shot.

That all being said and like I posted earlier the kayfun lite / russian 91% by Tobeco is a really great device. At this time I really want to buy several for all of my favorite juices and replace all my kangers.

kayfun lite+ is very nice and the only issue I have is that the tank is plastic and not pyrex/glass. It's unfortunate because I have to use another tank(pyrex/glass) for certain juices.

Edited by sparc

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Kebo The Russian 91% as well as an Hcigar kayfun 3.1 clone. Performance on both is great. Running The russian at .7 ohm on a nemesis clone and it hits real nice. Going to do a sub ohm build on the hcigar soon.

You mean you fill it from the top without it leaking? I gotta try that and was wondering if possible. I got mine from an ebay seller and it was made by Tobeco and cost me I think $37 (ebay markup of course). My wife bought me a different version a Russian 91% made by Kebo, but I'm having problems with that one. The upper deck (positive post side) is loose and I've tried everything to get it tightened and no dice. I've googled it and others seemed to have a similar problem and posted a fix, but mine just wont tighten up. I will send it back eventually. So in the mean time I use the other one which works spotlessly. I'm absolutely in love with it and will buy another as a spare when I get home. Now I'm waiting on my Aqua clone. It arrived the day after I left the US for work. My wife mailed it to a friend who will bring it to me when he gets back to work.

have you tried tightening the 510 connection on the bottom of the Russian? that's usually a screw that holds down the positive post.

Today I am happy as a clam. I told you about my Russian 91% and the top deck being loose and not being able to tighten it. Well I tried everything as I said before...tightening my 510 connection at the bottom and everything else in between. Well today I disassembled it, took the 510 connection off from the bottom and really inspected it. There is a small white plastic grommet piece that fits onto the posts itself and gets inserted into the base with the post. It appeared and always acted like the plastic grommet piece was too short so when it was assembled it would never quite tighten down enough to stop the top deck from moving about.

Then I became creative. I took a spare plastic grommet from my Kanger Pro Tank (that inserts into the base) and fitted it onto the Russian 510 post and then took a sharp knife and trimmed it down to the bottom lip and removed the rest of the grommet. I then placed the original white plastic grommet that comes with the Russian and put it on top of the trimmed Kanger grommet it and voila....once I reassembled the 510 connection to the base it tightened down snuggly so that the upper deck no longer moves.

Ladies and gentlemen you can't imagine how happy I am right now that I finally found a fix for my never used Russian. And I found it out myself. Now I'm not too smart by any stretch of the imagination....but I can be creative from time to time....*pats self on the back and smiles*.

Anyways I hope that my description made sense and should anyone ever have the same problem this is a sure fix.

Exactly. For nearly $100 you would expect perfection at its best. I think the quality control is just not there. I mean the Russian is a built really nice but just a single flaw will ruin it. With this small fix it is now 100% but I shouldn't have to get it there.

Personally Spydre I would get a Russian 91% first. The build quality on the Russian is far superior and it came with a lot of extra's unlike my russian/kayfun lite clone. The Russian is much harder to get and I've heard of folks waiting upwards a few months to get it, where as the russian/kayfun clone is more readily available. Now I have seen a new version hit the market called the kayfun lite plus clone and some are saying its the best and it goes for aound $50. At this point there are so many versions out there. I guess it all boils down to how much you want to pay and the build quality that you want. Good luck.

Note: My russian/kayfun lite clone vapes just as well as my russian 91%.