Too much throat hit?

spydre

Okay, so here I was yesterday peacefully sleeping off a dose of Benedryl, when someone comes and wakes me up. He has a flavor in his RDA, and he says he can't really taste it, and wants me to try it. He assumes it's okay for me to try that flavor because it used to mine, and I gave it to him.....but it's an older flavor, 18 mgs nic, he really shouldn't be dripping it, but he essentially puts enough in there to hold him for a while, and then puts it on his Nemisis clone because it came with a sub ohm coil.

So he hands me the set up - and you know how you take several puffs (the first puffs are mouth draws for me, usually), before taking the long lung hit (again, that's how I do it)? Well, I mentioned before I wasn't even sure what throat hit felt like it, but with this, I don't know if it's all the vapor it was spitting out, but the throat hit was bad enough it darn well choked me, even on the mouth draws, and I came up coughing. I could "barely" taste the juice, for one because it's not much of a flavor to begin with, and number two, the throat hit was soooo immense that I couldn't get past it.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it from the massive vapor cloud or the face that he's dripping an 18 nic juice?

And to be fair, I know it was an 18650 battery, and I assume it was close to the beginning of it's charge cycle, so it should have been putting out between 4.2 and 3.7 volts, so that's a lot of wattage behind it.

I been wheezing after I hit mine I have been smoking blacks and mild flavor for over a year now but just recently have them kick my juice from 24 to 34 mg of nic and I set my vapor at 4.8 and wow it makes me chock

It's because it makes the nic easier to absorb. If he wants to drip especially sub ohm he needs to cut it down to like 6-10mg and drip. Otherwise you will choke the crap out of yourself and the flavor won't come through very well due to the high nicotine content.

It's because it makes the nic easier to absorb. If he wants to drip especially sub ohm he needs to cut it down to like 6-10mg and drip. Otherwise you will choke the crap out of yourself and the flavor won't come through very well due to the high nicotine content.

Yeah, I got a LITTLE BIT of the flavor out of the second hit, but not a lot. Like you said, I was choking the crap out of myself on vapor. I'm not exactly sure why he got the RDA, since his interest has been in RBAs, and experimenting with a juice that's twice the nic level that he's worked down to (a juice I just gave him because I didn't like the taste anymore). But I don't think he INTENDED to sub ohm yet. It came with a preliminary set up inside, with a .8 ohm coil. Or maybe he wants to start sub ohming, I don't know. Either way, if he wants to ME to taste out of an RDA, he'd better cut the nic level. Hell, I wouldn't mind the RDA, but I can't do the rebuilding.

You would be better off getting RBA's and having him build those. They have tanks and vape a lot like the regular tanks you already have. :) plus they just look cooler. Lol.

:thumbup:

Sorry, hit post before I typed anything. With RBAs, you only have to change the wicking out when you change flavors, correct?

Right now, he's still experimenting with building his own. I think the RDA was for practice building anyway. But he's thinking about rebuilding the kanger coils, which will save a lot of money, combined with me learning how to dry burn between uses. :clap: After a couple of bad attempts where I screwed up the flavor wicks taking them off, I've got it down now, except I don't take the flavor wicks off, so that I don't screw it up.

Edited by spydre

:thumbup:

Sorry, hit post before I typed anything. With RBAs, you only have to change the wicking out when you change flavors, correct?

Right now, he's still experimenting with building his own. I think the RDA was for practice building anyway. But he's thinking about rebuilding the kanger coils, which will save a lot of money, combined with me learning how to dry burn between uses. :clap: After a couple of bad attempts where I screwed up the flavor wicks taking them off, I've got it down now, except I don't take the flavor wicks off, so that I don't screw it up.

What is an RDA and an RBA?

Just an update on this. All my SO did was lower the coil from the position it was in when he purchased it - the throat hit diminished quite a bit - to the point that I could vape, I could inhale, without choking. I could even taste what little there is to taste of that flavor. And with the coil in the first position, although there was plenty of vapor as long as he did a mouth hit, if he did a lung inhale, almost no vapor came out....with lowering that coil, he's getting vapor back when he lung inhales. Never would have thought that would make a difference in either.