So turns out passive smoking doesn't cause lung cancer

Novasteve

I suspect smoking doesn't either. All the real studies conclude that it increases the likelihood that someone who is predisposed to cancer will get it .Never saw a scientist conclude that smoking is a guaranteed cause of cancer in and of itself as we all know old smokers who have escaped cancer.

Edited by mcquinn

Supposedly, a certain number of years after you quit, your chances of developing cancer from smoking drop by more than 50%. Unfortunately, though, I've seen first hand cancer from smoking, and emphysema from smoking. Okay, the cancer from smoking was a person's grandfather before I met him, but he smoked until they removed his lung.

My sister's mother in law had a recurrence of her breast cancer. She wouldn't quit smoking this time - so they refused to treat the cancer other than palliative care. So she voluntarily took a death sentence rather than give up cigarettes - wouldn't even go on e-cigs. It's not that she tried to quit smoking this time and failed, she just flat out refused. Her husband drank a lot before, but seeing her go through that death sent him down the spiral into full blown alcoholism and being three sheets to the wind by noon shortly after her death - well, within six months of her death. Well, maybe even before, because I think before she died, one of her other kids was living with them "helping them out", supposedly. But that's another family drama, one we are no longer a part of.