My 1st time building a coil and on a Kayfun Lite Plus

sparc

Hi all,

I got a bunch of vape mail last few weeks which included Kayfun Lite+, 28g Kanthal A1 wire, ohm meter, Sony 30A 18650 batteries +charger and some e-juice.

This is my first time I have ever tried to build a coil. I've been using Protank Mini 2 and CE4 so I didn't need to rebuild coils. I've been watching a bunch on videos last week about rebuilding coils and the possible dangers of sub ohms and it sure helps.

My 1st coil build is a victory for me. On to the pictures

I went with the "chimney" micro coil build.
11491428653_f987d6bee0_z.jpg
image by kiu101, on Flickr

Testing and removing hot spots, pinching coil to compact it. I used cotton for wick and wrapped it around the coil. The mech-mod I'm using is the Kamry K100
11491419726_a194216ea3.jpg
image by kiu101, on Flickr

I like the flavor from kayfun lite+ The workman ship is very good. But I also enjoy the flavor from my Ego Battery and Protank Mini.

11483749485_0cbbbc7de5_z.jpg
kayfun lite+ by kiu101, on Flickr

11483749365_731bd5a754_z.jpg
kayfun lite+ by kiu101, on Flickr

Thanks for looking

Edited by sparc

• 2 weeks later...

Overall good job! My only suggestion is to change the legs on your coil. Make the positive post come from bottom of coil and the negative from the top. In your current config, it is possible for you to get a hard short. It's safer that way.

Edited by Proetus

Overall good job! My only suggestion is to change the legs on your coil. Make the positive post come from bottom of coil and the negative from the top. In your current config, it is possible for you to get a hard short. It's safer that way.

Awesome tip. thanks

Its fun building coils...how did yours cime out,still useing it? My buddy just picked up one.not sure what he built inside but he sure likes it..his seemed to have good flavor and produce a goid amount of vapor..

I'm still using the vertical coil but at 1.58ohms instead of 1.08ohms. As of now, I'm not fond of warm hot vape from low ohm builds. The flavor and air draw is good since it flows through the coil like a "chimney".

good job!

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I was just wondering why it might get a hard short?deff better to b safe than sry.. noledge is power!!

I was just wondering why it might get a hard short?deff better to b safe than sry.. noledge is power!!

the way his coil is set up now the negative lead of the coil is the bottom lead. if the coil drops a little it'll cause that lead to touch the positive post thus causing a short.

now if he wired the coil the other way where the negative lead is the top lead of the coil it would raise the lead off the negative post and having little to no chance of touching the positive post to cause a short.

this is the way I wire my chimney coil on my kayfun. I always use the top lead of my coil for the negative post of the kayfun.