Need help mixing flavors

tanya

I try to make my own juice and sometimes they come out good and sometimes not so much. LOL. A friend of mine gave me this ratio for 1 flavor... 3 ml VG 4.5 ml PG 2.5 ml flavor and 5-10 drops sweetner. This is how I make all my stuff cause I dont really understand how to mix any other way and I dont understand them calculators. What is the % to ML answer? Like how many ML is in 40% flavor ect. I want to start mixing more than one flavor and need help finding ratios. I like sweetness and lots of flavor. I have raspberry and blueberry what would be a good tasting way to mix them?

Are you mixing with -0- Nicotine?

There is no set formula for mixing flavors. But when you start adding nicotine you need to be Really Careful.

If you add to much flavor or to many different flavors it can muddy up. Meaning it will just not taste right. Mixing fluid is the art of Alchemy mixed with the art of cooking. Just like baking, a cake mixing to much of the base ingredients will make it fail when it is baked.

When people post a % of flavor for a recipe it is because there are many kinds of droppers. Some droppers take 18 to make 1 ml some take 30 some take 60. First thing you need to do is find out how many drops it takes with the droppers you use to make 1 ml. The calculators can help you with this by allowing you to change the drops to ML. The calculators help you with knowing what you nicotine content is by MG, not something you should ever guess at. They will also give you what PG/VG ratio you will end up with before you mix things together. I know they look complicated at first. In some cases they give more information than most people need to do a basic mix. Unfortunately they are needed if you want to be consistent or not cause you to have a Nicotine overdose.

Edited by Compenstine

Are you mixing with -0- Nicotine?

There is no set formula for mixing flavors. But when you start adding nicotine you need to be Really Careful.

If you add to much flavor or to many different flavors it can muddy up. Meaning it will just not taste right. Mixing fluid is the art of Alchemy mixed with the art of cooking. Just like baking, a cake mixing to much of the base ingredients will make it fail when it is baked.

When people post a % of flavor for a recipe it is because there are many kinds of droppers. Some droppers take 18 to make 1 ml some take 30 some take 60. First thing you need to do is find out how many drops it takes with the droppers you use to make 1 ml. The calculators can help you with this by allowing you to change the drops to ML. The calculators help you with knowing what you nicotine content is by MG, not something you should ever guess at. They will also give you what PG/VG ratio you will end up with before you mix things together. I know they look complicated at first. In some cases they give more information than most people need to do a basic mix. Unfortunately they are needed if you want to be consistent or not cause you to have a Nicotine overdose.

Thanks for the info. I dont use nicotine I like the flavor without it.

I have raspberry and blueberry what would be a good tasting way to mix them?

Ok since you are not using nicotine it makes things more simple.

I ran your friends formula in the calculator I use. here are the results (Based on 20 drops per ml)

This makes:

10.5ml of fluid

55%pg / 45%vg

28.57% Flavor/Sweetner mix

23.81% Flavoring

4.76% Sweetner

If this is what you like all you would need to do is divide you flavorings into parts that equal a total of 2.5ml to maintain these percentages.

If you want to make more at one time say 21ml of fluid just simply double everything. One way of mixing more than one flavor your Raspberry and Blueberry for example would be to add 1.25ml of 1 and 1.25 of the other. Say you want more blueberry flavor than raspberry do .50ml ras 2ml blu and so on.

Say this mix just doesn't have enough flavor, start with the 4.5ml vg base then only add 2ml pg make your flavoring 3.5 and divide that as above. What this will do is raise the flavor % to 38% flavoring without taking away from the PG/VG percentages.

Hope that helps... :)

• 1 month later...

This mixing yourself sounds more difficult than I expected. I was getting ready to order some unflavored pg/vg and try it myself but I'm not sure if I am ordering the right stuff.

I was on Mt Baker website and wanted to get the unflavored 50% pg/ 50% vg nicotine juice w/ 12mg nicotine. They also sell the flavorings which have popylene glycol in them. Can I add the flavoring to the nicotine juice and be done? Do I need to order sweetner too or will the grape flavoring have sweetner in it already?

I normally vape the grape 12mg 50/50 juice with the extreme ice 12mg 50/50. Will i need 18mg nicotine juice if I am adding flavor so that it dilutes to approx. 12mg? Any help will be appreciated.

Your flavoring depending on type can add sweetness some do have sweetener in them. Yes you want 18mg to get 12mg as a final mix. Use a Mixing Calculator to know what you are ending up with. This is a simple one for quick mixes. Click Here If you are using 18mg or 12mg as a base, yes you could just add flavor and vape. I would still run it through the calculator so you know what your vaping. Every drop of flavoring will drop the MG of your base. It will also (if it has PG) change your 50/50 ratio.

Using the Calculator in this post:

Enter Your Amounts

Nicotine Base 18 mg/ml

Target Nicotine Level 12 mg/ml

Amount to Create 5 ml

Water Added (optional) 0 %

Flavor Percent 34 %

***Click on page to calculate

Results of Your Entries

Recipe
PG or VG with nicotine 3.3 ml 66 drops 66.0%

PG or VG (no nicotine) 0.0 ml 0 drops 0.0%

Water 0.0 ml 0 drops 0.0%

Flavoring(s) 1.7 ml 34 drops 34.0%

*Drops are an estimation. 20 drops of water from a dropper equals approximately 1ml.