So What I Think I Hear You Saying Is....

Speakeasy

I've gone through all of the other posts and have managed to get myself completely confused, which isn't really hard to do, actually.

But basically what I'm getting from all this crack scientific gobbly **** is that you just need to finger out what works best fer you.

I have an associate's degree in science and technology from the Univer. of Maryland and I'm here to tell you that if I have to buy an Erlenmeyer flask in order to quit analogs, I'm just gonna go stand in traffic.

I want to try to mix up some of my own flavors. And I also want to cut the nic juice I buy from VT or from AwesomeVapor. I'm lookin' for cost reduction, pure, plan and simple. I just have a few questions......

1) When I read the nicotine strengths advertised online, am I correct to assume that it means mg/ml? Or does it mean something else?

2) In order to cut the strength of the liquid I purchase, am I correct in thinking that the only ingredient I need to add is more glycerin?

3) When adding flavors, is there a general idea of how much flavor to use, or is it just whatever tastes best? Do I need a lot of this flavor?

4) When would I need to use pure grain alchohol? (PGA)

The only other thought that comes to mind about making my own juice concerns stealth vaping. This is something I was going to post as another topic but I'll include it here. Can a guy make a juice that gives a great throat hit without any vapor at all? I'm sure this comes as no surprise to some of you, but out here on the frontier we have some tree-huggin' duck-squeezers that just won't believe that the stuff I'm blowin' off won't kill them. I mean these morons are terrified about cows farting! Firing up my devil stick indoors around here may get me linched, let alone arrested...

1) When I read the nicotine strengths advertised online, am I correct to assume that it means mg/ml? Or does it mean something else?

2) In order to cut the strength of the liquid I purchase, am I correct in thinking that the only ingredient I need to add is more glycerin?

3) When adding flavors, is there a general idea of how much flavor to use, or is it just whatever tastes best? Do I need a lot of this flavor?

The only other thought that comes to mind about making my own juice concerns stealth vaping. This is something I was going to post as another topic but I'll include it here. Can a guy make a juice that gives a great throat hit without any vapor at all? I'm sure this comes as no surprise to some of you, but out here on the frontier we have some tree-huggin' duck-squeezers that just won't believe that the stuff I'm blowin' off won't kill them. I mean these morons are terrified about cows farting! Firing up my devil stick indoors around here may get me linched, let alone arrested...

1. Yes. If you see someone selling 48mg unflavored, they are selling 48mg/mL nic juice. Same would go for anything else I am pretty sure.

2. You can add PG or VG to dilute the nic strength. Also, flavoring you add will dilute it as well. You can also mix in some alcohol or distilled water.

3. Most flavors are 10%-20%, depending on the flavor type, company that makes it, and your personal tastes. Capella's flavoring takes more than Lorann's for example, so you would be using closer to 20% there.

4. That all depends on you. Personally, I cut my nic juice with a few different things, depending on what I am making. If I want throat hit, I have a mix of 65% PG, 20% VG, 15% Everclear. If I am going for vapor, I have a 50% VG/50% Everclear mix. I also have a 30% vanilla/70% VG mix I use for some flavor bases. It all depends on what you like.

For stealth vaping, go with PG mixes, they produce less vapor. And as suggested, hold it in longer. The vapor will be almost invisible when you exhale.

Hey Speakeasy--mixing can be a challenge

2. make sure you buy food grade glycerine (baking isle at any hobby shop)--Just keep in mind glycerine is a bit sweet.

3. Adding flavor is a bit more subjective. make sure you are mixing in small amounts until you know what works. I usually start with 1ml of liquid and add flavoring a little at a time until I have the flavor I like.

i.e.--.8ml of marlboro and .2 flavour art food flavoring. or you can mix using small dropper bottles and add flavoring a drop at a time. Just make sure if you are using flavoring it is water soluable. the oils are hell on the atty.

4. I only use PGA when the liquids seem a bit thick. again--small amounts.

Good Luck--Mostly its about individual taste.

I've gone through all of the other posts and have managed to get myself completely confused, which isn't really hard to do, actually.

But basically what I'm getting from all this crack scientific gobbly **** is that you just need to finger out what works best fer you.

I have an associate's degree in science and technology from the Univer. of Maryland and I'm here to tell you that if I have to buy an Erlenmeyer flask in order to quit analogs, I'm just gonna go stand in traffic.

I want to try to mix up some of my own flavors. And I also want to cut the nic juice I buy from VT or from AwesomeVapor. I'm lookin' for cost reduction, pure, plan and simple. I just have a few questions......

Question 1: Yes it is in mg/ml

Question 2: Yes. Just add glycerin or PG.

Question 3: It doesn't take much flavoring to add a strong taste to the juice.

Question 4: Most people use vodka or PGA to thin down the juice since glycerine is very thick.

I would suggest that you download the e-liquid calculator spreadsheet I have posted here. It will tell you everything you need to know about mixing and adding flavors.

The bottom line is that this is less like science and more like cooking. Everybody has different tastes and different recipes that they like. Just make small batches and have fun!