Car Charging

Have had my 510 for about a month now. My battery life in 2 of mt 3 batteries is way down, and they seem to be taking longer to charge.Most of my chrging is done with a USB adaptor that fits into my lighter. I heard that starting a car while charging a battery will hurt the battery, does anyone know if this is true?

Im expecting a charger cord that will fit the home charger, Will this speed the charging time?

I'm thinking about a passthrough, but I vape with my left hand and really don't want the cord running all over.

I did order 5 510 mega batteries the other day, and am expecting delivery tomorrow and I don't want to hurt them.

Have had my 510 for about a month now. My battery life in 2 of mt 3 batteries is way down, and they seem to be taking longer to charge.Most of my chrging is done with a USB adaptor that fits into my lighter. I heard that starting a car while charging a battery will hurt the battery, does anyone know if this is true?

Im expecting a charger cord that will fit the home charger, Will this speed the charging time?

I'm thinking about a passthrough, but I vape with my left hand and really don't want the cord running all over.

I did order 5 510 mega batteries the other day, and am expecting delivery tomorrow and I don't want to hurt them.

My home charger takes about an hour to an hour and twenty minutes to charge, has been consistantly the same amount of time for about a month now. Batt life has stayed the same as well, about 3 hours of CONSTANT vaping, unless Im on my passthru. Im a lefty too, and my laptop has 2 usb ports on the left, so that works out for me. Ive never heard of hurting a batt by starting the car, but maybe so. To be honest, Id deal with the wires and go for the passthru, its like my umbilicle cord ! :jump:

Car chargers for cell phones charge the battery way faster than home chargers. It's not recommended that you only use your car charger for charging mobile batteries; so, I'm assuming it can take a toll on ecig batteries as well.

I use my Janty Stick in my car with a dc to usb converter and just plug it in and use. When I receive my VP passthrough I'll probably do that also.

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have always heard that is best to have all electronics off in the car before starting it, as surge can sometimes go through the electrical system, especially when first starting it up. I was always told by my dad to turn off the radio, air conditioner etc. as it's hard on them when starting up. I have just taken that for granted, and unplug my accessories(e cigs) DC adapters etc. in addition to turning everything off before I start. I could be totally wrong though...

I'm not an expert by any means, but I have always heard that is best to have all electronics off in the car before starting it, as surge can sometimes go through the electrical system, especially when first starting it up. I was always told by my dad to turn off the radio, air conditioner etc. as it's hard on them when starting up. I have just taken that for granted, and unplug my accessories(e cigs) DC adapters etc. in addition to turning everything off before I start. I could be totally wrong though...

I concur with hawk, starting your car causes a power surge much like when the electricity goes out at your house then all the sudden jolts back on. It can fry your computers and it dam sure can fry your batteries B)

I heard that starting a car while charging a battery will hurt the battery, does anyone know if this is true?

Most likely when you start your car the cig lighter will shut off, as with all the other accesories, such as the radio, heater/aircon..

You can plug something into the lighter with an LED and then start the car. Most likely it will turn off when the key is in the start position.

You may get a voltage drop when you are starting your car, (causing whatever to run at lower voltage drawing more amps) but you will never get a voltage spike. The only way a car produces power is from the alternator, which is protected by a voltage regulator, to spin (after the car is running).

At home, it takes at least a couple chargers going to keep me in batts. With my VP1, I bought two extra chargers from VaprLife (for a total of three), and I presently have 9 batts, so I can leave the house for the entire day and have all the batts I need. I also have three 510 chargers and more 801 chargers than I can count.

In the car, I use an AC/DC inverter to supply full 110 service, and can plug in at least a couple of standard chargers that way. And I turn off the unit when I start the car, as well, to avoid a surge on the inverter.

Thanks for all your responses! I have a new car charger coming and 5 510 mega batteries coming soon.with my 3 old batteries that should get me by most days.I'm going to try and remember to unplug the charger before I start the car.

Thanks for all your responses! I have a new car charger coming and 5 510 mega batteries coming soon.with my 3 old batteries that should get me by most days.I'm going to try and remember to unplug the charger before I start the car.

I did a little more digging, and realized that the DC adapters for car charging have a protector fuse built in. Most of them anyways, so check that your does. In the event that you get a surge at any time, or if your atty decides to short out, the fuse will break the circuit, protecting your equipment. I just picked up a new DC to USB converter that has a built in fuse, it was only 10 bucks. So if you have the adapter with a build in circuit break, you should be all good..