Newblet Question...

StevenP

I've been vaping with my 901 for 1-2 days now, and love it! I had to adjust myself to take slower drags to get the vapor going and to get that throat hit. I discovered there was an air hole on the atomizer that drags in the air and makes a slight whistle sound, so didn't really take notice of it, but due to habit of holding a analog, I covered it up by accident while taking a drag and notice it produced more vapor and hit my throat harder.

I was wondering, is it okay to cover this hole with my finger while I take a drag? Will it kill the atty?

Uh oh you discovered....*dun dun dun* The hole.

Yes it's ok to cover the hole, BUT do it very sparingly. That hole is there to not only draw in air to make it easier to suck on, but to keep the atomizer cool. If you go crazy with the hole you'll burn up you atomizer. If it starts to feel hot, give it a little rest :)

From what I have read, no, it wont hurt, and many people cover the holes to get a better hit. My first e cig was a Blu, and that was one of the pieces of advice I got when I asked why the damn thing didnt work. I dont know if your familiar with Blu, but they will tick off the Pope trying to get a decent hit. The new oxymoron is - Blus dont suck. But, back to your question, I think your good to go.

Chris musta been typing the same time I was, disregard me and listen to him, he knows better

Edited by keenan

Thanks for the advice Chris, I figure it was a type of air cooling for the atomizer so I was concerned that it might overheat or kill the atty.

Thanks Keenan, yeah I heard of Blu, actually actually going to get one but then read (on their site) about how much the charger had a defect and wasn't effectively selling the units at that time I visited the site. They also stated a 5-8 weeks in shipping. I was like, "Uhhh, can't wait that long..." :D

Yeah, because of my Blu experience I ALMOST gave up altogether on the whole vaping thing. But Arno at awesomevapor.com said "take my advice and try a 510". Well, the rest is history, I just wish he could give me some advice on the stock market. :shifty:

Yeah, because of my Blu experience I ALMOST gave up altogether on the whole vaping thing. But Arno at awesomevapor.com said "take my advice and try a 510". Well, the rest is history, I just wish he could give me some advice on the stock market. :shifty:

It's a good thing I didn't just jump into the first c-cig I seen, which happened to be Blu!

From what I hear about Arno, he really connects with his consumer. I'm going to have to order a few atomizers and juices from him. :)

I had to do the same thing with the 901 to get the hit I liked. Then I discovered if I over-tightened the atomizer, the sheath would turn and I could adjust the airflow that way. But too much playing around with it and I broke the wires connecting the connector to the atomizer. So I don't suggest it. It takes about an 1/8 of a turn before the hole becomes adjustable. After thought, I could have taped the hole shut and then opened it back up to suit my tastes. Hindsight is 20/20.

I've been vaping with my 901 for 1-2 days now, and love it! I had to adjust myself to take slower drags to get the vapor going and to get that throat hit. I discovered there was an air hole on the atomizer that drags in the air and makes a slight whistle sound, so didn't really take notice of it, but due to habit of holding a analog, I covered it up by accident while taking a drag and notice it produced more vapor and hit my throat harder.

I was wondering, is it okay to cover this hole with my finger while I take a drag? Will it kill the atty?

I have always covered it for about half of the hit and then released it, so the atty didn't get too hot, like Chris said.

Awesome to hear about your guys experience, I've learned to cover the hole and let go like Smokingman said, gives a great hit and a nice amount of vapor. When I feel the atty get even a little warm to the touch I let it rest. But it cools down pretty fast for me to take another hit. Awesome stuff!! Getting used to all this vaping. :)