One Noobie To Another. Experiences

warthog

OK, Ive only been analog free for a couple of days and very new to vaping. I have spent the last week or so experimenting on various things. Here are my opinions.

Model I've tried njoy, blu etc. etc. and they all suck. Get yourself a VP1, VP2, 510, 801 or 901 from the

vendors on this site. They are all fantastic

Cart I've tried poly, fluval, tea bags, socks, whatever and I can now state dripping is the best method.

The mess and fuss of carts is nuts. Liquid everywhere, paper clips, tweezers, tea bags, paper towels

the list goes on and on. A manual battery and a good atty is the way to go. Flavor and vapor is much

better with dripping.

Liquid Users choice. Taste buds vary so don't be fooled by other's claims. However the purity of VT's liquids

is impressive. The flavor of liquids is altered by the voltage of the batteries and attys used. What's

good in an 901 might suck in a 510. Just keep trying various liquids with the model of e-cig you have.

Misc I have been smoking MENTHOL analogs for over 35 years. I love menthol. I set up a dedicated atty for

menthol and another for the various flavors I like to try. This keeps the menthol from bleeding into

the other flavors. Works for me so give it a try.

For you ex menthol analog smokers, if you get a graving for the analog, vape some regular tobacco.

It really does the trick.

Like I said, I am new to this but have and will dedicate a lot of time to finding the best vaping pleasure.

Hope this adds a little more info to other noobies I am sure are on information overload at this time.

WOW, youve covered a LOT of ground in a week dude. I started on the Blu too, and my FACE turned blue tryin to get a hit off of it. I invented some new curse words to describe how I feel about Blu. Luckily, the 510 restored my faith in vaping. Ive tried dripping, but I dont like having to keep dripping every 5 0r 6 puffs, so refilling the cart works fine for me. Youll find, over time, your taste buds will be exploding. I remember my first week feeling like my tounge was re born. But it just keeps getting better all the time. So which model is your favorite. I want to get a VP2 soon

Hey Warthog! Thanks for the tip, I was a 15 year avid Newport menthol smoker! Just waiting for my 901 to get in, haven't had a cigarette since I placed the order.

I noticed that a lot of people preferred 510, 801, 901 generally, But after researching, I went with the 901 starter kits. I almost went with those Blu packs. Glad I didn't... haha

I'm hearing a lot about manual batteries working wonders. I might give that a try once. I've also been looking into a PV1/2.

Thanks for the link. So the VP1 and 2 is another battery mod.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I fail to see how people rate these mods over each other. Basically, you are talking about a mod that extends the battery life of a standard e-cig battery, but does not deliver additional voltage. How does that make a difference for anything other than life? It seems every review I see they talk about "plumes of vapor" and whatnot. Isnt that more a function of the liquid and atomizer? A 3.7v battery, no matter what the casing looks like, should produce an equal amount of vapor as any other when the same liquid and atty are used.

I do know that batteries have a "falloff" where the voltage diminishes, and that falloff takes longer to reach on a higher maH battery.

But using this logic, isnt a Janty Stick = VP1 or 2 = Screwdriver = any other 3.7v mod?

Yes for the most part they are all the same thing. But one is from China one is from the states. The Janty Stick as of late has been having some pretty crappy success rates. They have been having return issues, broken buttons etc.

I can tell you off the bat I can get more Vapor from my VP unit than my Janty Stick. Why? Who knows. Perhaps the strong battery, the higher mah, better connection I'm not a tech, but I've made it my job to try lots of units. I don't benefit from telling members to purchase the unit. Although the unit creates lots of vapor the main reason is just having something that doesn't crap out after a week. Hence the reason I'm such a big fan. Another thing that is a plus is the protected batteries the unit had. Many members asked for this and Vaprlife came through.

Maybe I'm missing it, but I fail to see how people rate these mods over each other. Basically, you are talking about a mod that extends the battery life of a standard e-cig battery, but does not deliver additional voltage. How does that make a difference for anything other than life? It seems every review I see they talk about "plumes of vapor" and whatnot. Isnt that more a function of the liquid and atomizer? A 3.7v battery, no matter what the casing looks like, should produce an equal amount of vapor as any other when the same liquid and atty are used.

I do know that batteries have a "falloff" where the voltage diminishes, and that falloff takes longer to reach on a higher maH battery.

But using this logic, isnt a Janty Stick = VP1 or 2 = Screwdriver = any other 3.7v mod?

I am an electrician, I have installed a few "alternative" systems that included lots of DC batteries, not to say that I am an expert, I'm not. I can however, theorize as to why the VP units or mods, create more or better vapor. The atomizer is a resistive heater, a loaded or controlled direct short, using a smaller or lesser mAh (milliamp hour) battery one would see dramatic voltage "drop off" when connected to a load such as an atomizer rather than a load like a radio or something like that. It is the same principal as what causes your lights dim when your air conditioner compressor comes on, it generally means that the service entrance wires are too small for the house and they can't handle the in-rush of current and the resistance goes up rapidly, starving the system for voltage. Voltage drop is much more dramatic when dealing with DC than with AC. The bigger battery provides a greater mAh supply to draw from thus allowing the voltage to stay constant. Yes I realize that mAh is not the voltage its the current, but having a greater amount of current in reserve will keep the voltage from dropping. Same reason you can't start a car with 8 double A batteries wired in series to produce 12 volts, there is not enough current to sustain the voltage for more than a split second. If this is confusing, I'm sorry, I haven't researched it, as I said I am theorizing. Maybe Jeso can answer this more gracefully than I, he is more knowledgeable about the technical details of his own creation.

Yes for the most part they are all the same thing. But one is from China one is from the states. The Janty Stick as of late has been having some pretty crappy success rates. They have been having return issues, broken buttons etc.

If the Chinese built one with a battery as big as VaprLife's even if the quality wasn't there it would probably work as well for a short period of time.

I can tell you off the bat I can get more Vapor from my VP unit than my Janty Stick. Why? Who knows. Perhaps the strong battery, the higher mAh, better connection I'm not a tech, but I've made it my job to try lots of units. I don't benefit from telling members to purchase the unit. Although the unit creates lots of vapor the main reason is just having something that doesn't crap out after a week. Hence the reason I'm such a big fan. Another thing that is a plus is the protected batteries the unit had. Many members asked for this and Vaprlife came through.

And through he came, so beautifully!

I have a Janty Stick-went from the 360mah to 500mah. What I've found is the vapor drops off after a little while with the 360mah, and takes a little longer to drop off with the 500mah. There's no such thing as a battery that just goes from fully charged to dead. There's a drop off and I believe that is in voltage as it drains. JMHO.

You've done your homework and quickly. I started with the, I believe it's called the RN4081 from smoking everywhere, quickly changed to the 510 and love it. Haven't tried dripping yet but can't wait to try.

Howzit from Hawaii

lilk

:thumbsup:

Well, I've only started vaping a few days ago but seemed to found a few things I do. So I figure in this thread to explain my experience so far. So to one noobie to another, this is basically what I do, it's almost a daily ritual for me now.

1. I prime my atomizer by putting 2 drops on the bridge.

2. When using carts, I make sure to top off. This will help keep the atomizer moist and prevent it from giving a harsh burning taste, also helps prevent your atomizer from overheating. Also I top off a cart enough to be moist, not overflow the sucker. Otherwise, prepare to cringe with the taste of juice. (I get some juice on my lips which is a nasty and unpleasant feeling. Sometimes, when I use topped off carts and I take a hit, it varies in flavor and in vapor. At other times, no throat hit but crazy vapor. Just thought that was weird.)

3. When I directly drip, I put in about 4-6 drops, enough for a few minutes of vaping. The trade off is, you finding yourself dripping in more, but the flavor and vapor is a lot more potent, I only have an automatic battery at the moment so there is a certain point I can reach, which feels restricting. Also too much dripping may cause problems to the battery (unless you have a good mod or a manual with an attachment, from what I've read so far). So I try not to drip too much.

4. I found out if I have a harsh throat hit or a burning nasty taste, it's either the cart is running on empty and/or burning the filler and needs to be filled. If I'm direct dripping and have that same feeling, it's most likely time to add more juice.

5. If your juices doesn't seem to taste the same (it tasted more like alcohol to me after awhile). Give your bottle a shake. You also might want to switch juice around so you don't get used to a certain flavor.

6. When I vape, I cover the air-hole on the atomizer, then take my hit, then part way of inhaling, I uncover the hole to allow more air. It produces a lot of favor and has a large throat hit, which I love. But, it can cause problems to the atomizer if your not careful, only once have I seen the battery do the, "blink 10 times" thing, I read it meant that your atomizer is overheating and has cut off so it wants to rest. (Best way I can describe this method is my own personal way of air control...)

7. One thing I found hard was if I had any juice left in the atomizer. I found if you look straight on through the cart end, towards the bridge and roll the atomizer you can see the juice roll around. (Not sure if I can describe it any better then that, sorry! :))

8. When I want to change out juice or carts. I unscrew the atty from the battery, then I take the atty and grab a paper towel (not the easily tear-able kind as the atty bridge tends to grab on to things) and wade it up and stick it in cart end of the atomizer. Then I blow the battery end to push out any excess juice. I find myself doing this after I'm done vaping for the night or want to try another cart/juice.

9. If you find your LED on your battery isn't working (Just happened to me right now after taking a battery out of it's charger), unscrew the battery, blow and suck from the LED end. It loosens it up, works perfectly again.

So far this is what I've learned from both personal vaping experience and information I've gathered here! So I can't take any credit. Please feel free to correct me on errors or point out things that might be bad/misinformation. I'd like to hear other peoples experiences as well. :)

Edited by StevenP

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my first ecig. smoking everywhere ecig, it has the disposable carts and the taste is hooooorrrrrible. I love the idea and waited a 2 weeks for the kit and am disapointed about the taste. please let me know which ones taste like regular cigs, and the best all around. :jump:

I just got my first ecig. smoking everywhere ecig, it has the disposable carts and the taste is hooooorrrrrible. I love the idea and waited a 2 weeks for the kit and am disapointed about the taste. please let me know which ones taste like regular cigs, and the best all around. :jump:

Welcome Poodlelover. Well, thats a tough one to answer, there are MANY dependable suppliers out there. I'll tell you the ones Ive had success with, and Im sure others on the forum will share with you as well. As far as a vaping device, I have tried only 2 so far. The Blu - which was a horrible experience for me. Unit just did NOT perform. Thats when I went to the Joye 510., and I love it. Now, as for "tasting like regular cigs", you need to know from the start that none of them taste EXACTLY like a cig, but they are close. And once youve been off the analogs for a while, your tastebuds come back and e cigs taste WAY better than an analog. I was a 3 pack a day smoker for 30 years and did NOT want to quit, It was just a perk that came with the e cig. As for suppliers -

awesomevapor.com - Arno is one of the best , good prices and service, and Arno will answer any questions you might have right away. His site has been down but from what I hear should be back up Tuesday. And fast shipping, usually 3 days to your door.

Wordupecig.com - Jeff is right up there with Arno, Good prices, customer service and fast shipping.

Rockymountainvapor.com - Only thing I have with them is shipping takes a few more days, but that is probably more the USPS fault than thiers.

VaporKings - Ive only bought from them once, but had no problems at all.

And , VaporTalk store is opening Wed. ( I believe), Chris can fill you in on that. Good Luck, and keep us updated. :thumbsup: