Problem with Lavatube v2

I have a new Lavatube Version 2, only used it a couple times. The reason I can't use it is because my liquid leaks out of the cartomizer. First of all, is it alright if a bit of liquid leaks out of it? It leaks out of the bottom where you attach it to the Lavatube. Second, when I push the button to use it, I hear a crackling, (kinda like frying bacon) is that normal? I'm worried it'll explode....any thoughts would be helpful!

Congrats on your Lt2! I love the brilliant colors for those.

A lot of cartos dribble a little onto the 510 connection. It's only a problem when it "leaks" a lot. Toss any that piss instead of dribble.

The sizzling snap crackle pop of a good carto/atomizer is what we vapers live for. :D UNLESS it's crazy popping juice all over the place, then it means there's a short somewhere, and should be tossed.

You can pick up an OHM reader from say MadVapes or CloudsofVapor and check your cartos and attys OHMs. It will let you know if there is a short. These are especially great for bulk cartos/attys, to test when they arrive, so you can send back the doa ones within the store's short time limit.

With that said, if it's your battery that's snap crackling and popping, take that battery out, toss it properly, and replace with a new battery.

Thanks Uma! The leaking is just a bit, but still had me worried. I also have an Ego-K ( I think that's what it is ) and I just noticed this morning that the tank on that is leaking out the bottom too! But still it's just a small amount. Just a sprinkle, not a downpour :) Also, even though the liquid is leaking, there is no vapor coming out of the bottom of the tanks so it must be alright.

That's great, and you should be fine. Just wipe it out with a twisted paper towel or tp, on a regular basis to keep the connection clean so it can perform beautifully like it was meant to.

I forgot the LTv2 has an OHM meter built right in. :)

"Atomizer Ohm Meter: The LAVATUBE Version 2 has an atomizer ohm meter built in, simply press and hold the + button for 5 seconds and it will display the ohm's resistance of the atomizer that is connected to the device." Sweet.

To date, the RBA (rebuildable atomizers) are the only attys that don't dribble. :) (but they do condensate at the air hole). In a few months time, you'll be getting into these too, I'm sure. Just thought I'd start enticing you now bwahhahaaaa

Right on!

My suggestions at this point in time for the affordable RBA's: (genesis style).

AGA-T-+ (make sure it has the plus mark).

RSST (clone of the AC9)

RichMan. (big fancy remodel of the AGA-T-+ with more room, bigger screws and nuts, styling and soon a 3mm wick hole!!)

(after you know your stuff, and want a better engineered product, the sky is the limit, new modders & awesome products every week)

For the RDA: (usually silica, but can be SS meshed with some models).

Igo-I

Chimbus

Other's will chime in, too, for confirmations and/or balance. So, hang in there

Edited by Uma