Laser Treatment To Quit Smoking

Have any of you ever heard of laser treatment that gets people to quit smoking? I was at the craps table last night and one of the dealers saw my PV and asked what it was. I explained it to him to the best of my drunk abilities and he thought it was pretty interesting. Then he told me he had laser treatment done 3 years ago and he hasn't had a cigarette since. He said it completely removes your cravings and he is living proof of it's success. They hit some pressure points on your hands and I think your ear. Not sure if it's the ear, but it's somewhere on your head.

I have never ever heard of this. I'd think that something like this would be pretty big by now. I don't think I'd get it done, I love vaping. Just thought it was interesting. He gave me a website, but I think it's wrong since it's not going anywhere. Thoughts or input anyone?

Yea in the tattoo/ piercing world ive heard numerous rumors about how piercing a certain part of the ear helps stop the crave of nicotine. Though i have pierced my friends in these supposed spots and they have not noticed an increase or decrease in there smoking habit. Sounds like a load of crap to me LOL :rofl:

Ive never heard of this so called laser treatment though. As far as i know, nicotine triggers certain parts of the brain which makes you crave the nicotine. Cant see zapping a pressure point would lessen my urge to smoke. It'd be like slapping a bull, if anything i think it would just piss me off and make me want one!! :gun:

There are definitely people who claim that pressure points will help stop the nic craving. Its similar to the principle behind acupuncture for smoking cessation. I've tried the acu-method. Stopped smoking for a few days (prolly cause I spent so much on the acu session). I've also tried hypnosis - again worked for a day or two.

Can't see how laser treatment and pressure points could possibly be linked. Either he was pulling your zucchini or he was misinformed. Pressure points are obviously based upon applying pressure. Laser treatment is a surgically precise method used to "burn" or excise tissue. A laser simply doesn't posses the ability to apply pressure.

Edited by kaspar11

There are definitely people who claim that pressure points will help stop the nic craving. Its similar to the principle behind acupuncture for smoking cessation. I've tried the acu-method. Stopped smoking for a few days (prolly cause I spent so much on the acu session). I've also tried hypnosis - again worked for a day or two.

Can't see how laser treatment and pressure points could possibly be linked. Either he was pulling your zucchini or he was misinformed. Pressure points are obviously based upon applying pressure. Laser treatment is a surgically precise method used to "burn" or excise tissue. A laser simply doesn't posses the ability to apply pressure.

Now, if I could find someone to pull on my zucchini a few hours a day, I'd quit anything

I tried the whole laser thing and was smoking as soon as I left the office. Waste of money imo and nothing competes with PV's when quitting analogs at least for me anyway.

Edited by VapnRealtor

I know someone also who has quit smoking using the laser surgery.(Its not surgery to say but they do stick needles of some sort on a certian area of your hand and ear) My mom and my aunt both had it done and it worked for them. You have to really want to quit smoking and your not suppose to be around anyone who smokes after you have it done. My grandma aslo tried it but no luck for her. She is still smoking analogs. Im going to send her a electronic cig kit soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Whoa...I completely forgot about this post. hahahaha. But yeah, I thought it was a load of crap too. But the guy said he was living proof that it worked. I don't know though, he gave me a website that doesn't work anymore. Not that I want to get the laser treatment done anyway, I don't think I want to give up vaping now. hehehe :devil: Thanks for everyone's input.

Whoa...I completely forgot about this post. hahahaha. But yeah, I thought it was a load of crap too. But the guy said he was living proof that it worked. I don't know though, he gave me a website that doesn't work anymore. Not that I want to get the laser treatment done anyway, I don't think I want to give up vaping now. hehehe :devil: Thanks for everyone's input.

I know two people that had it done one worked, other not. I tried acupuncture, seemed to work but I was smoking again in no time. I did a quick search but really only found sites offering. Not a lot of news articles on it.

Yeah I've never heard of this or found any articles on it either. I guess it would work only if you really wanted to quit. But then what's the point in that? You can quit without the treatment anyway, if you wanted to.

I have to say I've wanted to quit, it's just that the pull was stronger than the desire. These aids help in giving a little more assistance if they reduce the pull. Best I ever did before my e-cig was my first dose of welbutrin. It stopped the queues like lighting a quick one before going into work, etc. Second time I tried it was no good.

Ashley had mentioned that the surgeon or doctor had told the patient not to be around anyone that smokes, like that is easy to do! I guess you would have to be locked in a box or go to jail to do that. Last night I took my daughter home and there were these two old broads smoking on their porch two doors down and I could smell their cigarettes 50 feet away and today on the job, no one was smoking but I kept smelling cigarette smoke. We were working right on the side of 1097 (a two lane road), I kept thinking it was the passing cars?!? Never figured out where that smell was coming from.

I believe that accu-puncture works, the orient swears by it and their medicine is thousands of years older than anything the western world has to offer. I have never tried accu-anything for anything, but I believe it works, I would try it if there was a reason to. I have tried hypnotism to quit smoking, all I did was to fall asleep, that crap doesn't work!

Vaping Works!