2 Months Today

Billw

Well today is two months since my wife and i had our last cigarette.We started out with 510's and the first day we received them we never smoked a cigarette again.

We had tried everything to quit smoking but nothing worked until we got our e-cigs i wish we had known about them sooner.

So far i have two 510 kits-vp2-jantystick-silverbullit and will be getting a kr808d-1 in the mail today for my dad.My favorite is the SB i have an adapter for it so i switch between an 801 and 510 atomizer i like the 510 at 3.7 and the 801 at 6 volts.

My wife has an 501-jantystick and vp1 she likes the vp1 the most and hasn't touched the others since she got it.

Anyway i had the beginning stages of copd i coughed so much that i had a hard time breathing since i started vaping my cough is completely gone i feel better than i have in years and test results show that i no longer have copd my doctor is amazed as well as my wife and i.

I guess i quit smoking just in time

Well today is two months since my wife and i had our last cigarette.We started out with 510's and the first day we received them we never smoked a cigarette again.

We had tried everything to quit smoking but nothing worked until we got our e-cigs i wish we had known about them sooner.

So far i have two 510 kits-vp2-jantystick-silverbullit and will be getting a kr808d-1 in the mail today for my dad.My favorite is the SB i have an adapter for it so i switch between an 801 and 510 atomizer i like the 510 at 3.7 and the 801 at 6 volts.

My wife has an 501-jantystick and vp1 she likes the vp1 the most and hasn't touched the others since she got it.

Anyway i had the beginning stages of copd i coughed so much that i had a hard time breathing since i started vaping my cough is completely gone i feel better than i have in years and test results show that i no longer have copd my doctor is amazed as well as my wife and i.

I guess i quit smoking just in time

Congrats, hopefully I caught it in time as well. Started sleeping sitting up a little as it was the only way not to start a coughing fit.

I am not at the 2 month mark but I am over 40 days, I have not imported my banner over, I have it on enough places, lol! I have been like you, buying a few different models and a mod to play with. I think you should check out the KR808D-1 you got for your dad. I loved it, the carts last a good day of vaping for me and I got a GreenCig one after that as well which is the best of the bunch in my eyes, and the carts are even better than the KR808D-1 carts. They are so far advanced technologically as to make the rest of the E-Cigs look like something from the Flintstones.

I am not at the 2 month mark but I am over 40 days, I have not imported my banner over, I have it on enough places, lol! I have been like you, buying a few different models and a mod to play with. I think you should check out the KR808D-1 you got for your dad. I loved it, the carts last a good day of vaping for me and I got a GreenCig one after that as well which is the best of the bunch in my eyes, and the carts are even better than the KR808D-1 carts. They are so far advanced technologically as to make the rest of the E-Cigs look like something from the Flintstones.

Wow - I saw your banner. Did you grow your own tobacco when you smoked? (I'm referring to the cost saved...$27?).

Wow - I saw your banner. Did you grow your own tobacco when you smoked? (I'm referring to the cost saved...$27?).

I just noticed I forgot the winky face next to this, it was supposed to be funny. Wanted to make sure snarky didn't think I was a complete jerk!!

GROUP HUG !! GROUP HUG !! Really - ooh rah and way to go man ! I wish there was a way to MAKE the FDA hang out on Vaportalk for 3 days just to see what a GREAT thing e cigs are doing. Them being tucked away in some gov't lab basement means thay are NEVER going to see the real results of vaping. I got a question for you guys. I have a 510 from Arno. What is a Jantystick 510 ? Just a different name for the same product or what ?

Congrats! I have some friends who still smoke analogs and it drives me nuts (I'm sure they're sick of me preachin). I'd like to hop in a time machine and introduce these marvelous devices 15 years ago. Maybe my mother would still be here.

Congrats! I have some friends who still smoke analogs and it drives me nuts (I'm sure they're sick of me preachin). I'd like to hop in a time machine and introduce these marvelous devices 15 years ago. Maybe my mother would still be here.

I know whay you mean. I try really hard to NOT be a "Born again breather". When I had that monkey on MY back I HATED when people would give me a hard time. As bad as it is for you, I think people have the right to smoke if they want to. When I smoked, before I heard of e cigs, you could have shown me a pic of my lungs, and it wouldnt have fazed me. I LIKED to smoke, enjoyed the taste. Looking back, I dont know what I saw in it, but it was what it was. I lost my Mom when I was 7, and cigs were a big factor as well.

Where in NY are you from. I grew up in Flushing.

Edited by keenan

I got a question for you guys. I have a 510 from Arno. What is a Jantystick 510 ? Just a different name for the same product or what ?

I have the stick, love it.

http://usa.jantyworld.com/sets/-stick-set-/2857-janty-stick-set

Normally takes an 801 atomizer though can be fitted with adapters to use other atomizers, 901, 510, etc. I believe that's what they are talking about, the adapter to fit the Dura atomizer is really the 510.

This is a pic of the 510 adapter.

post-1132-125639321471_thumb.jpg

Edited by FTJoe

Congrats to all of us that have been able to give up smoking completely or at least almost. I am on 5 months--I haven't quit for more than a week in the last 30 years--never thought I would see the day.....

cough and short of breath are definately a thing of the past.

:icecream::thumbsup:

Congrats to all of us that have been able to give up smoking completely or at least almost. I am on 5 months--I haven't quit for more than a week in the last 30 years--never thought I would see the day.....

cough and short of breath are definately a thing of the past.

:icecream::thumbsup:

Three months for me today...Im lovin it..smoked for 23 years and have not slipped once.Cant stand the smell anymore!!

Dont want to go back..

Congrats to all of us being tobacco free.......

My doctor wants me to set a goal to give up vaping in 6 months while she said i'm living proof that vaping is healthier than smoking it's still not healthy

which i totally agree so over time i'm going to keep lowering the nic level until i'm at zero and than stop vaping as well.

My doctor wants me to set a goal to give up vaping in 6 months while she said i'm living proof that vaping is healthier than smoking it's still not healthy

which i totally agree so over time i'm going to keep lowering the nic level until i'm at zero and than stop vaping as well.

Bill W...welcome and I couldn't agree more. Here's my take which is from a person who smoked forever. After 6 weeks of vaping I am pretty much down to minimal nic levels. Mostly Non (no nicotine) except I take some nic here and there. Mostly because one day I went 0 nic all day and I was snapping at my family. So I believe in a slow withdrawal. So the first goal is to kick nicotine altogether. I think I will accomplish this in another month or so. I am not going to rush this, I've never quit smoking more than a week before and its been 6 weeks now so it's a freakin' miracle. Nicotine takes something like 6-12 days to quit. The entire time, I plan to be fully vaping.

Once the nicotine is done, then I'll start on the mental addiction. This is the toughest part to stop. This is where people lose it when they quit cigs. A year maybe even two go by, go to a bar, have a tough day, your brain wants a cigarette. Have one and the nicotine addiction kicks right back in. I've seen it and done it, "can I bum a butt?". Do it and you are done because your brain remembers the nic and will want some more. The 6-12 days you spent quitting nic is lost. So, second stage of the plan is to quit the vaping all day long. But I will always have it on me when I go to a bar, go to a party, a nice night out at a restaurant. I just can't see if I do this a couple of times a month to avoid having a cigarette as a bad thing.

Will there come a point in time when I don't have to? I hope so. But will I jeopardize all of what I've done so far to go back because I'm not sure vaping is healthy? No. I was definitely entering COPD land, and now I can actually take deep breaths. Bottom line is I did research this and I remember a doctor pointing out that smoking is the act of inhaling something that is being burned. Forget about the tar, carcinogens, etc., you are inhaling smoke, this has to be better.

So apologies for the long note, and I did have a few vodkas under my belt while writing, but this is my plan. I'll check back tomorrow to see if this post was idiotic. Good luck to you.