Another Group That Needs To Be Informed

KansasVaper

Gotta say I agree with the no smoking anywhere public. What you can or can't do privately is another matter. I also think vaping at or near elementary schools is a bad idea. Obviously children are highly impressionable. They wouldn't be able to comprehend the subtle difference between vaping and smoking, and I wouldn't want anyone else trying to explain it to my children.

As far as the image of vaping is concerned, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that a definitive study could be done cheaply (heck, make it an introductory project for a grad student) to put to bed the issue of what exactly is in 2nd hand vapor, and what effects it has on others. This is the only key issue as I see it.

I would agree to a totally smoke-free UNIVERSE if and only if, we address ALL the things that adversely affect everyone. The equivelent to 2nd hand smoke in the drinking world is DUI. Are we going to have an alcohol free universe? No. We tried that. Didnt work. This smear campaign is the 2nd coming of prohibition, this time using tobacco. It will have the SAME outcome as the first. It will turn ordinarily honest law abiding citizens into common law breaking criminals. From suppliers to users. The generation that has come into power is the one that grew up during the 50s and 60s, who believed in RADICAL change. NOW, they have the power to FORCE thier beliefs on everyone and change the laws to suit themselves, not for the good of the masses, but for self serving results. WOW, I'm ranting again.

I agree Keenan, with everything you said, and it applies to a lot of other things in the politics and govt world. When you think about it, it's actually pretty sad.

It is sad, and I could go ON AND ON, (ask Chris), sometimes I get into such a rant I actually get FURIOUS while Im typing.

Thanks for the welcome back ! I LOVE this forum, its things like that, that make Vapor Talk so great.

Thanks for telling it like it is!! We need people to stand up for our freedoms it seems now more than ever all of our rights are coming up for debate and control.

.... This smear campaign is the 2nd coming of prohibition, this time using tobacco. It will have the SAME outcome as the first. It will turn ordinarily honest law abiding citizens into common law breaking criminals.

I'm thinking it's more like the third+ coming of prohibition, pot being the second. Fact is, government can't legislate behavior completely, or even moderately well... and when we're talking about relatively benign activities such as moderate and sensible drinking, smoking dope or vaping (IOW, there's no guaranteed, de-facto victim), then to try to ban something people enjoy doing is ultimately futile and foolish, and counter to the principles of liberty upon which blah-blah.

If we ban anything, let's ban the concept of nanny government.

I would agree to a totally smoke-free UNIVERSE if and only if, we address ALL the things that adversely affect everyone. The equivelent to 2nd hand smoke in the drinking world is DUI. Are we going to have an alcohol free universe? No. We tried that. Didnt work. This smear campaign is the 2nd coming of prohibition, this time using tobacco. It will have the SAME outcome as the first. It will turn ordinarily honest law abiding citizens into common law breaking criminals. From suppliers to users. The generation that has come into power is the one that grew up during the 50s and 60s, who believed in RADICAL change. NOW, they have the power to FORCE thier beliefs on everyone and change the laws to suit themselves, not for the good of the masses, but for self serving results. WOW, I'm ranting again.

I agree with your sentiment, but think comparing 2nd hand smoke to DUI is apples to oranges. I also think you and I will get into quite a few interesting debates in the future. Glad to see you're back and feeling better. :)

I agree with your sentiment, but think comparing 2nd hand smoke to DUI is apples to oranges. I also think you and I will get into quite a few interesting debates in the future. Glad to see you're back and feeling better. :)

Thanks for the welcome back ! I agree, thats not the BEST comparison, but I wasnt really trying to compare the two, just the ends of where they lead. I think people do have a right to not be subject to second hand smoke. I was ALWAYS a polite smoker when I smoked, it was the rude smokers who gave us all a bad name. And if it means having designated smoking areas, thats fine too. But to forbid EVERYONE of thier pleasure because of a few is wrong, I guess is what I was trying to say. I dont drink anymore, I CHOOSE not to. I think everyone has a right to though. Responsibly. But people who drive intoxicated kill people a LOT quicker than second hand smoke. As a former EMT I can tell you firsthand, its ugly. But, theres no mad rush to eliminate the sale of liqour. And how is peppermint flavored schnaaps any different than flavored cigarettes? I may not have linked the 2 tegether in the best way, but there IS a link. I look forward to interesting debates as well, keeps my mind in tune ! :thumbsup:

It might help not to call them electronic cigarettes... Maybe call them personal Nicotine vaporizers ?? By calling them cigs, it brings with them the negative stigmata of smoking tobacco..

It might help not to call them electronic cigarettes... Maybe call them personal Nicotine vaporizers ?? By calling them cigs, it brings with them the negative stigmata of smoking tobacco..

Excellent point ! Its a shame that those of us who LEGALLY used these products, and those that still choose to, are being branded as sub-human sociopaths because a SELECT few with a little power and holier than thou attitude have decided that is how it will be. Hmmmm, I wonder, when the machine turns on THIER personal liberties, what will thier reaction be. :whistle: