Vaping

Tesla978

Well it could be from the throat kick. Some liquids can be harsh because that's what users have asked for.

In your case this is obviously causing a problem sooo, yes VG will help a little. Lowering the nicotine will help even more as that's what causes more of the scratchy feeling you get. You may also want to try some of the smoother liquids. For example VT Dulcis will give quite a strong throat kick (which we wanted) however Grape Soda is much much smoother. You don't have to go with VT grape, most grapes flavors are smooth. I think apple is a smooth flavor as well but don't quote me on it :)

Ya, it has a lot to do with the Juice and Nicotine levels. I'd lower the Nicotine level and even with the same juice it may not be as harsh. Like Chris said, some Juices have more of a throat kick, but even at say 16/18 it's not bad. I may be a little bias since I like the kick, but even so you get used to it - I would try lowering the Nicotine level. Also, Grape Soda from VT is amazing.

This same thing happened to me my first couple days. I would cough almost everytime. But I figured out why for 2 reasons. #1: I was trying to vape like I smoked and inhaled directly into my lungs which was irrating probably because of the water vapor in my lungs. Then I learned to inhale into my mouth and then inhale into my lungs....not in 1 step, but 2 steps. That helped A LOT!!! #2: Nicotine level did not really affect me, but tobacco flavored juices did make me cough more!! Keeping something smooth around helps like everyone has said. I used banana :) Even though it was 36mg, it helped a lot and took care of my sweet tooth!!! Happy Vaping!!

Edited by Ofortuna

I like vaping deep into the night (go to bed around 4am, usually), and sometimes get a scratchy throat and cough when I first turn in. I find that drinking a bit of V8, swishing it around some before swallowing, will usually cure it.

Switch to a VG based juice and watch the cough disappear.

This same thing happened to me my first couple days. I would cough almost everytime. But I figured out why for 2 reasons. #1: I was trying to vape like I smoked and inhaled directly into my lungs which was irrating probably because of the water vapor in my lungs. Then I learned to inhale into my mouth and then inhale into my lungs....not in 1 step, but 2 steps. That helped A LOT!!! #2: Nicotine level did not really affect me, but tobacco flavored juices did make me cough more!! Keeping something smooth around helps like everyone has said. I used banana :) Even though it was 36mg, it helped a lot and took care of my sweet tooth!!! Happy Vaping!!

Weird, I'm the exact opposite. When I smoked analogs, I couldn't inhale directly into my lungs or else I'd cough. So I inhaled into my mouth first then to my lungs. With vaping, I prefer to vape directly into my lungs to get more vapor going. Goes to show that everyone is different. lol

Well, Johnson Creek used to sell straight-up VG juice, now it's called "PG-reduced", so it's apparently a mix. I liked the VG better, yeah.

I'm looking for a good wild cherry flavor in a VG formula. But I'm not wanting to go with juice from China for quality-control reasons.

If VaporTalk ever comes out with a VG cherry, I'm in. *hint, hint*

:whistle: