Question About Cartridges

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all of your vaping advice so far, it has made my transition from analogs so much easier. My question today is about the cartridges. How do you know when it's time for a new one, and what can I use as a filler rather than buying a new batch of cartridges. I am still using the first five that came with my starter kit and some of them are looking quite a bit different than when they were new. I tried doing direct dripping on to the atomizer, but it did not seem to work real well with my DSE901, and I am a little scared of leakage onto the battery since it's not a manual type. I have a Joye510 on the way, and maybe that will work better for dripping. Let me know what your thoughts are about cartridges though, because I will probably continue to use them on my DSE901.

Thanks,

Chris

Hello everyone,

Thanks so much for all of your vaping advice so far, it has made my transition from analogs so much easier. My question today is about the cartridges. How do you know when it's time for a new one, and what can I use as a filler rather than buying a new batch of cartridges. I am still using the first five that came with my starter kit and some of them are looking quite a bit different than when they were new. I tried doing direct dripping on to the atomizer, but it did not seem to work real well with my DSE901, and I am a little scared of leakage onto the battery since it's not a manual type. I have a Joye510 on the way, and maybe that will work better for dripping. Let me know what your thoughts are about cartridges though, because I will probably continue to use them on my DSE901.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris! While I do not have personal experience with this matter *yet*, all the research I've done on the matter say to use a material called fluval, which you can find in at a pet store in the fish section. fluval is used for water filtration, and many have claimed that the fluval material is the same material that comes in the cartridges. Do a youtube search on stuffing e-cig carts and you should find a bunch of tutorials on how to use the fluval. More youtube videos will also show you how to clean the filler material and how to refill the carts yourself. Good luck!

A good rule of thumb is to change the carts out every few days. (Then throw them away) I haven't used carts in a while but when I did I would rinse them in water and let them dry. You can also look into the Tea Bag mod for cartridges (do a google on it) That seems to work pretty well for most people. :)

Dietsmokes.com sells empty carts for about 60c a pop. Not bad.

With direct dripping on the 901, sometimes you have let juice build up in the atty. If I blow all the juice out of mine and add 3 drops, the first hit will be good, but the next one will be burnt. I add a couple more, taste, couple more, until I have the desired result without overloading the atty. Also, when direct dripping you want the juice to drop onto the middle, where the mesh it.

Edit: Once you have everything running smoothly after the juice is gone, you can just add 2-4 drops, and get the taste again right away without going through the extra hassle.

Edited by NeRo9k

Huh ! I didnt know you should change the carts that often. Ive been re-using mine for my 510 for about 3 weeks. I have noticed the filler getting ruff looking, but it hasnt effected the taste. I think I,ll change them to see if theres a diff.

I have found that with the exposed atomizers it's much easier to dip rather than dip. Have you tried that or is the 901 atomizer recessed like the 510? Another solution is the dobit which is basically a small bingo dobber that you fill with juice.