Atty Discussion

I thought I would start this thread to discuss atomizers. I'm a little confused and maybe there are folks here that can clear things up. For example, I have kissbox atty that came with the Janty Stick and they are great atomizers. However, they won't work with most of my 801 batteries. What gives?

And 4 hole vs 2 hole atty. Which is better and who makes 4 vs 2 hole?

And another thing. We always talk about how a unit generates so much vapor, etc. Assuming most of them are running at 3.7 volts and the contact between the atty and the unit is good, shouldn't they all vape the same? Isn't it really the atomizer that is responsible for the vapor production? For example: wouldn't a VP1 and Janty Stick produce the same amount of vapor given the voltage and current are the same? I think the atomizer is really what accounts for vapor production, throat hit, etc.

Thoughts?

I thought I would start this thread to discuss atomizers. I'm a little confused and maybe there are folks here that can clear things up. For example, I have kissbox atty that came with the Janty Stick and they are great atomizers. However, they won't work with most of my 801 batteries. What gives?

The attys are made by diffrent manufactures. If your lucky a DSE atomizer will fit on your RN battery. (Which usually it does) but some other factories make their threads just that much bigger or smaller which is just enough so that it won't work with your other parts. We forget that just because they all look the same doesn't mean they are the same.

And 4 hole vs 2 hole atty. Which is better and who makes 4 vs 2 hole?

They both work pretty much the same. The 4 hole atty will give in more air, thus causing an easier draw. Some people like a tighter draw. It's all down to preference.

And another thing. We always talk about how a unit generates so much vapor, etc. Assuming most of them are running at 3.7 volts and the contact between the atty and the unit is good, shouldn't they all vape the same? Isn't it really the atomizer that is responsible for the vapor production?

Ultimately yea, the atomizer is what creates most of the vapor. But shouldn't all 4 cylinder engines run the same from different car manufactures? The Janty Stick is made in China, sometimes the damn thing works great sometimes it sucks. The VP units and custom mods here in the states, usually have a much much lower failure rate. Especially on movable parts. (IE buttons)

The thing is yea they run off the same voltage but for the longest time the batteries coming out of china where just horrible. Now when I say battery I don't actually mean the battery inside the metal housing, I mean the whole batter device as a whole. The chips where not soldered together properly, the sensors where getting screwed up the LED's would flicker, the list goes own.

Another important thing you have to keep in mind is ohms. This is something nobody really talks about. Have you ever wondered why a Joye 510 can create so much damn vapor and still be very small? Because it runs at about 3 ohms. Which means it gets very hot very fast. There are many things that go into making an ecig custom or not. All these little things together makes or breaks a unit.

Should a Janty and a VP create the same amount of Vapor? Theoretically yes. Realistically? Most of the time no.

I didn't think about the resistance of the coil. I=E/R so the lower the resistance of the atomizer coil, the more current and more vapor.

With the kissbox attys, they fit on an 801 battery but they won't draw. Strange.

Yea I've had the same thing happen with KISSBOX attys (which are from Joye by the way) sometimes they work on things sometimes they don't.

Same thing with the Janty stick, the kissbox atty work (of course) but the RB atomizer don't. It's a mystery I guess.

I have a question about my Dse 901 atty. This afternoon I was vaping using my USB passthru when all of a sudden the vapor started tasting and smelling like burnt fabric or something. The unit is still working and the taste and smell have grown faint, but its still there. Anybody have a similar experience? The unit is maybe a week old. I know I may have gotten a bum piece, but wouldn't it stop working altogether?

I have a question about my Dse 901 atty. This afternoon I was vaping using my USB passthru when all of a sudden the vapor started tasting and smelling like burnt fabric or something. The unit is still working and the taste and smell have grown faint, but its still there. Anybody have a similar experience? The unit is maybe a week old. I know I may have gotten a bum piece, but wouldn't it stop working altogether?

If you're using cartridges, this sounds like the atomizer started burning the filling. This happens all the time. My best advise would be to do away with cartridges and just direct drip. This way it doesn't burn the filling and you get much more vapor. Chris did a video about direct dripping, but I can't seem to find where it is lol. Anyone know where it went?

I mostly direct drip, but use a cartridge that used to have stuffing which I pulled out. I figured it was the same as the blank cart that came with the kit(?). Can you use prefillled carts in this manner? I still really have no idea what I'm doing. I havent cleaned any of my atomizers since I got them either. Maybe somebody could do a basic step by step daily routine of what you should do to get the most out of your equip for complete idiots like myself.

The videos where moved to the new FAQ area which is listed under the Noobie section. (Section can be found right under the Introduce Yourself area)

Here is a list of videos and FAQ's: http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/1710-what-is-direct-dripping/

I mostly direct drip, but use a cartridge that used to have stuffing which I pulled out. I figured it was the same as the blank cart that came with the kit(?). Can you use prefillled carts in this manner? I still really have no idea what I'm doing. I havent cleaned any of my atomizers since I got them either. Maybe somebody could do a basic step by step daily routine of what you should do to get the most out of your equip for complete idiots like myself.

Well it sounds like you're doing it right. That's exactly what I do with the cartridges, pull the stuffing out. Not sure what's causing the burnt taste. You're most likely vaping the atomizer while it's dry. It'll still produce vapor, but it'll have a nasty taste to it. The most important thing to do is keep that atty wet or it will damage it.

I've noticed that if you don't blow your atomizer out every few days the juice builds up and can begin to taste burnt.

You can just blow through your atomizer from the battery side, into a paper towel until you don't get any more juice.

I do this about every 3-5 days depending on how my atty tastes. :)

I've noticed that if you don't blow your atomizer out every few days the juice builds up and can begin to taste burnt.

You can just blow through your atomizer from the battery side, into a paper towel until you don't get any more juice.

I do this about every 3-5 days depending on how my atty tastes. :)

I do this also, but I've made it a habit to do this every night before going to bed. Well, at least I try to anyway. There are those drunk nights when I fall asleep with the PV in hand. :beer:

I do this also, but I've made it a habit to do this every night before going to bed. Well, at least I try to anyway. There are those drunk nights when I fall asleep with the PV in hand. :beer:

How awesome is it not to have to worry about burning down the house!! :thumbsup:

I found using carts and dripping that sometimes a stray lint from the cart will stick to the bridge and can melt you need to look for these when removing stock carts and get the lint out with a paperclip or toothpick just dont damage the metal bridge that soaks up the juice....Dont rotate carts in atty or it will stick the lint and can damage it also....

Edited by SteveD1