Slicing Cartos...

Ghost

I'm interested in doing this myself, but am afraid of any metal shavings becoming an issue with them possibly getting caught in the mesh/wick? I'd be using SmokTech cartos if that would help get an answer or experiences with slicing them. I'd also be using a dremel tool to do the work.

The cartos I have now work alright with the exception of maybe one or two due to I mostly use VG liquid since it's easy to get from a local shop here. I'm wondering on what I should expect from slicing one open with a slit, would it flood too easily or something?

Hopefully some users have experiences and could give me some tips and tricks.

Thanks for reading!

Happy vaping ^_^

There is no easy one-size-fits-all answer.

It's harder to maintain consistency, from carto to carto with a dremel. Also note the sharp edges you'll end up with can play hell with your o-rings.

Even if all the liquid you buy is from the same source, different flavorings (percentages and/or the carrier) can sometimes alter the viscosity of the final product.

If you are in it for the long haul a decent carto punch might be your best bet. Smok Tech makes a cheap version of the Siam Mods one but it dulls rather quickly.

Clouds Of Vapor has them, might as well get a spare screw at the same time.

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/127-new-at-cov/1054-siam-mods-stainless-steel-carto-punch-v2.html?keyword=punch

There is no easy one-size-fits-all answer.

It's harder to maintain consistency, from carto to carto with a dremel. Also note the sharp edges you'll end up with can play hell with your o-rings.

Even if all the liquid you buy is from the same source, different flavorings (percentages and/or the carrier) can sometimes alter the viscosity of the final product.

If you are in it for the long haul a decent carto punch might be your best bet. Smok Tech makes a cheap version of the Siam Mods one but it dulls rather quickly.

Clouds Of Vapor has them, might as well get a spare screw at the same time.

http://www.cloudsofvapor.com/store/127-new-at-cov/1054-siam-mods-stainless-steel-carto-punch-v2.html?keyword=punch

Sounds a bit safer to punch in the end. Will end up using this method. Thank you ^_^