Hey! How's Everyone Doing

depraved

Just stopped by to show a little love to the forum since the great info here helped me make my decision on my first purchase(I almost bought those blu e-cigs before I came here). I went ahead and got the M401 Dragon. That thing is gorgeous(I have a thing for dragons)!

Quick question though, the manual states I should charge the battery for a full 8 hours on the first use, which does makes sense, but the LED on the charger has already turned green. Should I continue to charge it? It hasn't been very long at all, like 1 hour

Thanks and I'll see yall later!

D

Lithium Ion batteries which are used in ecigs are normally 80% charged on arrival. It's a long story as to why those instructions ended up in Ecig Manuals. If the light is green (so long as your charger is working properly) your good to go. Pull it off and vape away :)

Finally someone said it. I asked everyone the same thing with a the kits that I have bought, and everyone said its a must do procedure. 8 hours??? I didn't do it with any of them because it was impossible to have that kind of patience when something you want to use so bad is right in front of you. I put some of them on for maybe an hour, others I said screw it and used them right away. The batteries on all my kits work just fine.

--Jason--

China pretty much copy and pastes instructions created by US suppliers. Way back when, some ignorant suppliers where not aware that Lithium Ion batteries where being used inside of electronic cigarettes, Lithium batteries do not have a "memory" like older generation batteries do. Suppliers didn't know this so they asked china to add "charge for 8 hours." (Some say 4 some say 6, some even say 6 then use for 1 hour and then charge for another 2 hours. wtf, really? I suppose doing a dance would help as well) Many members at the time where having issues with their batteries and suppliers where telling them it was because they needed to be charged fro 8 hours. Some people swore this fixed the bad battery issues when in fact it was just luck, the real problem was the quality control in China sucked. Vapor Talk was one of the first forums to bring this crap to the surface, in fact Royce our moderator had a look at the batteries one day and realized they where Lithium Ion, first thing out of his mouth was "well that explains the supposed bad charger problem, the chargers are not bad, the damn batteries are actually charged"

The instructions have still stuck to this day.