Protected Batteries For Vp1

Sinikal

Hey guys, just wanted to put my 2 cents in about the 10440 3.7v protected batteries that came with my VP units. Ok, so about a week ago i received my Vapre 51 from truesmoker.com and noticed it vaping alot more than my VP1. Well i found out what was wrong, the batteries i got from Vaprlife seemed to just not put out as much power as the ones from truesmoker. Well, my Janty stick was still out performing my VP units, i had the idea of using my JS battery to try in my VP Unit. Now....the batteries ARE THE SAME, but the Janty stick's batteries are smaller. I could not fit my VP1's battery inside the Janty sticks battery slot. Well, to my surprise i took one long huff with the Janty stick battery in my VP unit, and HOLY CRAP, i got some crazy vapor. So my question, why could this be?

Im going to have to try and track down some Janty Stick batteries. (And yes i fully charged ALL of my batteries from Vaprlife and truesmoker before i used them) :blink:

The reason they are smaller is that they are not protected batteries. As far as putting out more power, they may be better quality batteries?

You can tell if a battery is protected by a small ridge at the negative end of the batt, and they are a bit shorter. :)

Hi Sinikal,

Please send us an email, and we will send you new batteries.

These, like all batteries are manufactured in China. So there is

no quality control at all, and unfortunately we can't test every

battery. So some bad batteries are experienced by our customers.

The batteries that are used in the cigars, or the janty stick are of a better quality.

But you can't get those manufacturers in china to make protected batteries.

So what happens is you get the start up battery factories to make them for new

business. Unfortunately their quality is in question. We are one our second factory

and we may have to try for a third?

Jeso

My VP2's ROCK, and the batteries are at 4.0 volts when fully charged. They will drop down to 3 volts just before they dramatically slump off at the end of their charge. The brand of battery that Jeso sent with my VP2's are "SUREFIRE" brand.

And that's 200 posts on VaporTalk for me!

Edited by TheSmokingMan

The batteries I got with my VP2 are no name as far as I can tell. One was bad right out of the box. It's no big deal and Mary said she would ship me out another one. I'm going to try Batteries USA today and see if they have a 14500. I'll keep you guys posted.

BTW - the VP2 is absolutely awesome! I'm getting like 5 hours of vaping off a charge!

The batteries I got with my VP2 are no name as far as I can tell. One was bad right out of the box. It's no big deal and Mary said she would ship me out another one. I'm going to try Batteries USA today and see if they have a 14500. I'll keep you guys posted.

BTW - the VP2 is absolutely awesome! I'm getting like 5 hours of vaping off a charge!

5 hours? I'm getting 8 to 9 hours off of my batteries. I have one I use during the day and one that I use at night. I always run them completely down before I recharge them.

You can find 14500 and 10440 at either Lighthound.com

Or

14500 10440 Batteryjunction.com

I have ordered from both website's and they are reliable and prompt with their shipping. Also they are both located in America, though they also get their batteries from china. No one in America makes this type of battery. Ultrafire is a good brand it is what I use.

Also as a general rule of thumb the blue coated batteries are normally UN-Protected. The grey wrapped batteries are normally Protected. At least as far as the ultrafire and trustfire brands are concerned.

5 hours? I'm getting 8 to 9 hours off of my batteries. I have one I use during the day and one that I use at night. I always run them completely down before I recharge them.

So I finally timed my run on a VP2 battery and I got 8 1/2 hours of constant vaping off of one battery. I have been running them down too, and the charge time seems more than adequate... Takes about 2 hours to fully charge after completely depleting them. I ordered 2 extra batteries with my kit, so I've been bringing an extra battery with me for the just in case, but haven't had to use it yet! Damn I love this PV!

So I finally timed my run on a VP2 battery and I got 8 1/2 hours of constant vaping off of one battery. I have been running them down too, and the charge time seems more than adequate... Takes about 2 hours to fully charge after completely depleting them. I ordered 2 extra batteries with my kit, so I've been bringing an extra battery with me for the just in case, but haven't had to use it yet! Damn I love this PV!

That is exactly the way mine is working and I'm in love too!

I like my VP1, yes... but the quality of the batteries is no better than the stock e-cig batts, and probably worse, being unprotected batts that can suffer from being over-charged (and I, for one, can't always monitor the charging process that closely). I've had at least two crap out in a matter of days, and more showing signs of it. Yes, they're cheaper to replace, but the dependability issue still bugs me.

I had one stock 801 batt that lasted a good three months of heavy vaping, getting used and recharged probably three times a day. I'm not seeing that as even remotely possible with these 10440s. Makes me wonder if the VP series (which are top quality, its true) is really worth the extra investment when the crappy batts are factored in.

So there are no US makers of quality rechargeable lithium-ion batts, huh? Sheesh, all the Chinese would have to do to bring this country to its knees is stop US battery exports. That's just nuts.

--- end of rant ---

Well, granted I've only had my vp2 for about a week, I love everything about it. The battery life, even with pretty much constant vaping following a day of work and leisure, is amazing - I only change batteries the next morning when I leave for work.

Hi Stringdancer,

If you have bad batteries, please email us and we will send new ones out to you.

I know how frustrating it can be with batteries that don't last!

We are going to look to see if we can resolve the quality of these

protected batteries. We are on our second factory for the 10440 protected battery and still can't

find the quality we need. They seem to be hit and miss, some good/some bad

So let us know through an email and we will send new ones to you right away.

Best Regards

Jeso

Thank you, Jeso, I'll contact you soon.

Very good of you. I'm loving the VP1 otherwise, I hope I made that clear in my post. You've created a very strong product for us. It's just these batts that are frustrating, as I'm sure they are for you, as well.

Thanks again.

:thumbsup:

I've timed mine, too. I only get about 5 hours constant vape time and it's taking me 5 hours to recharge the battery. Sounds like something is not right.

I've timed mine, too. I only get about 5 hours constant vape time and it's taking me 5 hours to recharge the battery. Sounds like something is not right.

Yea, it's sounds like you may have gotten a couple of crummy batteries.. Smoking man and I are getting way more time off of our VP2 batts. The longest one of the batteries has taken to charge so far is 3 hours, and I had run it out completely.

Yea, it's sounds like you may have gotten a couple of crummy batteries.. Smoking man and I are getting way more time off of our VP2 batts. The longest one of the batteries has taken to charge so far is 3 hours, and I had run it out completely.

Two weeks now vaping only my VP2 everyday, getting 8 to 9 hours out of my batteries and 2.5 to 3 hours to charge. Absolutely no complaints about the VP2 unit!