Distilled Water in the VG

Looming legislation has me wanting DIY Nic juice ASAP. So I was looking at the DIYFlavorShack tonight and got to looking at e-juice calculators. If I get Unflavored VG base and VG Nicotine how much of a percentage of distilled water should I estimate in the calculations?? I am unfamiliar with pure VG thickness and have never vaped 100% VG before. I just know I want food-grade VG if I'm gonna DIY and I have plenty of distilled water around here.

4 parts VG to 1 part distilled water or 20% is what I found that others use. Another way to thin out a juice is with pure grain alcohol(Everclear) or even a strong vodka, you would need much less maybe 5%. This is something I have no experience in because I haven't tried to make an all VG juice as of yet so I am curious to what others are doing.

I can tell you that I've used up to 40% VG in my juice with no water or alcohol and no problems in my clearos although at that point the juice is beginning to become rather thick. I prefer to keep the VG in my juices between 20 and 30 percent. I feel that that is more than enough for big clouds of vapor and that PG is a better flavor carrier.

If you are wanting to make an all VG juice you are going to have to keep me posted on how that all works because I really don't know. I do know that most flavorings have PG so does that mean you have to use PG free flavorings? I didn't know there was such a thing. I do know how to make some good eliquids using a PG base, multiple flavor ingredients and some VG so I can help with other mixing questions.

Thanks so much Mike for the speedy reply. I really don't mind if the flavors have PG and I might even get 60mL or so of PG for variety but I found a gallon of food grade kosher VG on e-bay. I don't have access to moonshine either... but didn't want liquor-breath when I vape anyway. The main thing I need is nic juice because I just don't trust that it will be available indefinately. How long will VG Nicotine concentrate last in a dark closet?? I was looking at flavors like Holy Vanilla, French Vanilla, and Nilly Bean Ice Cream to get my DIY feet wet. Wasn't sure what sweetners I might want for them (like Ethyl Malto) but I'm not really worried about flavorings becoming obsolete any time soon. Just want the bare minimums to get started with tasty juice but lots of the base ingredients to keep me going.

The shelf life of PG or VG is not much more than a year when kept in a dark closet. Your better off getting your base in a size that you will be able to use up in 6 months or less. To give you an idea, I order a 120ml of PG with nic and that lasts me 3 months. I have a 20 fl. oz. bottle of VG that is will last me several months also. A gallon of anything is way to much unless you are a supplier and plan on making a whole lot of e-liquid. Even a liter of base should last you over a year but I would recommend that you get a smaller amount. I don't believe that nicotine base will ever be unattainable.