Federal legislation to tax e-cigs if FDA determines it is a "tobacco product"

Christopher

From ECF

It appears that two bills have been recently submitted which could allow the imposition of federal excise taxes one-cigs IF the FDA finds that e-cigs are "tobacco products" pursuant to the Tobacco Control Act.

For an overview summary, please see this article:

Federal Bills Would Subtantially Increase Tobacco Taxes and Allow New Taxes on Electronic Cigarettes — Troutman Sanders Tobacco Team

Here are the relevant portions of the Senate Bill 39 (see paragraph "i") and 194 (see paragraph "i")

Bill Text - 113th Congress (2013-2014) - THOMAS (Library of Congress):

Bill Text - 113th Congress (2013-2014) - THOMAS (Library of Congress):

Taxing is better than banned, and we knew we'd be having to deal with one or the other, and that taxing would hold appeal with the govs.

However, taxing the goods, plus taxing Medical Patients who use said tobacco products, in order to fund Obama's "Health Care Plan", is :wallbash::popo::censored: total robbery.

Time to :gathering: and :2guns:

• 5 weeks later...

The bottom line is, the government is losing money from all of us not buying analogs anymore and they have to find someway to make up that money. They didn't tax cigarettes so high because they want us off of them, but because we are addicted to them and they knew we'd pay. I'm sure if the government could find a way to do it they'd tax each and everyone of us for breathing.