Biansi (brand) IMIST Atomizer

ninjabat

I won one of these last saturday at the White Rose Vaper's Club. Thanks Rob from BlueMist Vaping. And thanks PADave (on these forums) for (Co)leading it and inviting me. As a side note :offtopic: Fox News interviewed him at the meet! :detective: Anyway, I didn't see a place on the Forums here that does *Product Reviews* I only see E-cig, Supplier, and E-Liquid Reviews. Here's my Product Review:

I had no idea what I was doing when I first got it. I lost the end cap on the mouthpiece (the part that fits the round grommet). I thought it was only one piece. Not knowing it came apart, I rinsed it down the drain in my sink. So, they come apart... This is AWESOME if you ever want to clean it (as long as you know it can come apart and don't pinch it too hard under a faucet). So I had to re-order a 5-pack of mouthpieces, but the box calls them E-Cigarette Cartridges. I got to choose blue or black for the mouthpiece.

The Biansi (Brand) IMIST Atomizer is a beauty imho. I won the silver but she comes in black. The silver one comes with a clear/semi-transparent mouthpiece, but I got black for my replacements. It's a flat mouthpiece so I hope I don't get too attached to that over all the round drip tips I have. So far I like the variety of a different mouthpiece... change is goot.

I just got the mouthpiece on Thursday eve and I had trouble putting down the IMIST today so now my battery is charging. That may be the fault of the Butter Cream Frosting from Dawn at: http://www.diyflavorshack.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=frosting but that's for a later review. Either way, I get tons of vapor and plenty of flavor from this atomizer. The tank inside the mouthpiece holds plenty of fluid to get me through the day. I have to guess here, maybe holds around a mL of fluid (at least).

The reason I really wanted to mention this was because of what I read by 'nnote' from Arizona found here http://www.vaporcigzz.com/Imist-Atomizer-in-Chrome-p/atty-imist-ch.htm who said:

star5.gifGreat piece of work August 9, 2012 Reviewer: nnote from Mesa, AZ United States Love this thing! It's actually turned into my primary vaping device. This atty on the imist 650 battery is so tiny and portable, great for short trips out and about. Taste and vapor production are outstanding. My only complaint is the wick that comes in it is a spot short, you need to push it down a hair before you put the tank on to get the wick to cover the coil a bit better. Although after a week of using the original wick, I replaced it with SS mesh (available here also) and made the mesh wick a bit longer than the original fiber wick. Doing that has turned this atty from a very good to absolutely excellent vape!
I see alot of newbie kits out there that come with sub par and useless parts. This atty and battery and a charger should be what newbie starter kits are made of.

This got my ears perked because I finally have a second atomizer that I can mod some mesh into. This officially makes it a long-term device for a (relative) beginner like myself. It should also be at least 'interesting' for a seasoned veteran or for anyone in between that likes to tinker. Btw, I don't find the wick too short on mine at all (as per the review above), nor do I have to (or even want to) pull on it. But all wicks eventually need changed I'm sure. I DID put a drop of juice on the wick before I ever screwed it together after I had filled it. Maybe that's all he needed to do instead of pulling on the thing??

It does not leak no matter the position I hold it. It's built very solid, made in China, and the label clearly says Biansi IMIST on the silver atomizer. Compared to the CE5 clearomizer and catromizers I have personally used so far, this thing is a class above that. At 3.3 volts it is quiet like: I can't hear anything but the light on my Spinner comes on and I feel a good throat hit. Above 4 volts it's snap, crackle, pop, and a (line of sight blocking) cloud of vapor. Ohm's are 1.8 on my multimeter.

Well my Battery is charged now, so time to vape some of that frosting and say goodnight VT. If anyone else has used these atomizers be sure to share your experiences. I love to learn how to maximize this vape-tastic journey.

Edit: It Is Ego-threaded so you need a 510 to Ego adapter if you are using a mod.

Edited by ninjabat