smoke is getting hot

No, it doesn't sound weird that a 1.8 coil would be hotter! It's expected! A 1.8 coil means it's offering less resistance to the power flowing out of the battery than a higher ohm coil.

In my experience, coils/atomizers are the main variable in the whole vaping experience, and I say this from nearly four years of vaping experience. I also say it with more than a hint of frustration in my voice.

I have a Vivi-Nova Mini tank which I run on my Innokin iTaste (a variable voltage battery device). I purchased one set of five (5) coils at 2.4 ohms, and every one of them seems to be a little different. Some last two weeks, some only a week before they start getting a harsh/burnt taste, or the taste/vapor just drop off to an unacceptable level. I just want some consistency, is that too much to ask? (And I don't mean to take a shot at the Chinese workers who are assembling these things for incredibly low wages under sh*tty conditions. It's not their fault.)

I purchased an off-brand set of five (5) 2.4 ohm coils advertised for use on the Vivi-Nova, and not only can I not screw the mouthpiece down all the way (because then the coil won't fire at all) but the vapor is hot and harsh.

Unless your battery is somehow defective, (and I doubt this), it's the coil. If you've got a replacement (let me guess, the 2.8 ohm that came with the Vivi Nova?) give that a try. Buy some quality coils at 2.4 ohms when you get the chance and you should be happy. I open it up to the floor to disagree.

I suppose the new wave is rebuildable coils. I haven't taken the plunge yet, but it appears some posters are having good luck with them.

Edited by DarthVaper

No, it doesn't sound weird that a 1.8 coil would be hotter! It's expected! A 1.8 coil means it's offering less resistance to the power flowing out of the battery than a higher ohm coil.

post-19545-0-39575200-1361605362_thumb.j

I agree with Darth... this chart shows what he is talking about if you are a beginner.

Happy trails and welcome to the forum.

Edit: It is normal, however, for the coils to build up 'some' heat if you use it a lot.

Edited by ninjabat