The Poldiac By Mmvapors

The Poldiac is a new mechanical mod by Jim over at http://www.mmvapors.com It is being touted as the hardest hitting mechanical mod on the market by quite a few reviewers, due to it's .999 silver plated brass contacts. Silver has the best conductivity of any metal. It comes with 18650,18500, and 18350 tubes and pants (we'll get to that in a min.) You can choose between satin and polished stainless steel for the top cap, button body, shirt (again we'll get to this in a min.),body tube, pants,and end cap.The button is a true mechanical switch but the design is brilliant. The button is located on the side of the tube but can be positioned at either the top or bottom of the device. So what's all this talk about shirts and pants? The tube that slides over the button housing is called the shirt, where as the tube that slides over the body tube is called the pants. Jim is now offering brass shirts (7€) and pants(10€ for each tube) in satin or polished finishes. The Poldiac BTO (Build To Order) retails for 179€ ($234) with international shipping. Truly stunning craftsmanship. Here is a pic of mine. post-3788-135848886662_thumb.jpg And here is a pic of it with the brass shirt and pants. (Image courtesy of the DID thread on ECF) post-3788-135848940778_thumb.jpg

Uma has hers on order. Wanna say it is shipping. Beautiful mod but this hobby is expensive enough for this guy without dropping that kind of cash on a single unit. I do love the look. If only it could come down about $100 USD maybe then I could pick one up. :unsure: Until then I'll stick with my cheaper devices with my Genesis clones. :)

I just keep doing the mod shuffle. Got some money together for my bday 2 yrs ago and got a provari and 2 Phidias box mods ($175 and $225), sold those 2 and got a Darwin (still have it), sold 4 lava tanks for cash for an iHybrid, then just sold the iHybrid for the Poldiac and DID. Figure I'm not spending $7 a pack for smokes anymore. Who am I kidding? I'm a mod junkie!!! I'm on the list for an Orion V3 and the Vaper by Peter K. Almost pulled the trigger on the Temon by Jim also last week. Lol

Nice introduction of the Poldiac, CaseAce! Yours is absolutely gorgeous.

The Polished Brass one in the second photo above is MY Poldiac!!! and it's here! It arrived yesterday.

MSE, it's expensive, but it's because of the quality, built for life quality. It hits like a truck too, because of the silver. The button is ... oh gosh I feel like a traitor, BUT... the button is even nicer than the button on the Roller mod. (and THAT is saying a LOT, because the Roller has the most comfortable button in the history of mods.. until now). They both feel just as smooth, BUT, the Poldiac's let's your finger/or thumb rest more naturally in between vapes.

If it were a VV mod, it would be less than the Provari. Provari is top of the line electronical mod, and the Poldiac is top of the line all Mechanical mod. Yet, it's still cheaper than the Provari when all is said and done. (blue or green LED, extra insurance, extender tube,... all the things that should be included in the original asking price). The Poldiac comes with 3 different sized battery tubes! It's almost like getting 3 for the price of one... and if you don't like one size, you're not stuck having to use that one size you don't like afterall. OHH! and the AMPS .... a Provari has something like a 3.5 amp limit, right? The mechanical mods have like an outrageous Amp limit. The better quality the mod, the higher the Amp rating. (20??)

and the clothes. Wow, the choices for the clothes are sweet. If and when my Brass discolors, I'm not stuck with an ugly mod, I just go buy a new suit and voila.

I'm so excited. This is one NICE mod, in looks, in craftsmanship, in service and in performance.

Here's a blurry pic of mine, taken with my tracphone camera.

post-1865-0-40125300-1358545775_thumb.jp

My apologies if my excitement hijacked the thread. I only aim to applaud and confirm, but kinda got carried away.

and then came back and added the AMPS stuff. :facepalm: I go now.... honest...

Edited by Uma

Somebody's going clothes shopping. Lucky bum!

No, I haven't played with the button at all yet... not even in upside down mode yet. I've been busy vaping and taking pics lol. I made myself dizzy sick this morning ... vaped both the Roller and the Poldiac at the same time. I couldn't see through the clouds! Hubby thought I'd lost it for sure. I just wanted to compare hits and buttons... you know how it is. :)

I'll have to study Rick's tutorial video of the button stuff again when my mind is calmed down enough to absorb what I'm seeing.

Thanks for being so gracious with me and my excitement. You're a champ.

Here's a pic with the Gemini on it.

BAM with DID20, Roller in 18500 mode with Mini DID, Poldiac in 18500 mode with Gemini

post-1865-0-99855200-1358554901_thumb.jp

Haha, I hear ya! I have one of mine, the Mini DID, set up with higher resistance, for more flavor, and the Kick is set at only 8 watts, which makes for a nice steady flavorful vape for the day. It serves it's purpose. I hope the new DNA20 will fit into our previous Kick Extensions...

• 3 weeks later...
Scott's (igetcha69) Poldiac arrived today. We should be seeing a video review sometime after 2 weeks time. Can't wait!
Don't get me wrong I like Scott's reviews. Sometimes though it's more informative and how too than an actual opinion on a product. Don't get me wrong I have used his videos for tutorials many times. He's just not that opinionated.

Count the "really"'s and the way he tries to hide his smiles. yep, he's opinionated alright.

Oh, and now he has a rating system at the ends of his reviews... even though he could be tougher, I totally agree.

He's honest, and tries to be fair, will always be a good watch in my book.

Count the "really"'s and the way he tries to hide his smiles. yep, he's opinionated alright. Oh, and now he has a rating system at the ends of his reviews... even though he could be tougher, I totally agree. He's honest, and tries to be fair, will always be a good watch in my book.
Yep he's still a must watch for me. I subscribed awhile back. So this is an interesting conversation. So which reviewers do you watch? My top favs are pbusardo, Scott, Grimm, Sl1pgator, BasilRay, and Rick.

I haven't seen Sl1pgator, will have to look that one up. I love Pbusardo and Scott and AltPetServ. If I have bandwidth left, I like to watch Rick of course!, and JCWest, Stalker Chris (can't remember his handle), Todd, Romanstino, .... If there is a Hybrid or RBA review, I watch it. :)

I wish I could watch them all! I'm a youtube junkie, but my bandwidth is so frustratingly limited.

I haven't seen Sl1pgator, will have to look that one up. I love Pbusardo and Scott and AltPetServ. If I have bandwidth left, I like to watch Rick of course!, and JCWest, Stalker Chris (can't remember his handle), Todd, Romanstino, .... If there is a Hybrid or RBA review, I watch it. :) I wish I could watch them all! I'm a youtube junkie, but my bandwidth is so frustratingly limited.
I forgot about JC. Like him a lot. Why the bandwidth limit? Did I miss something?

Both. Home is fiber optics cable and phone is verizon family plan. I use to have unlimited data, verizon, but the reception is so awful here I couldn't take advantage of it, so we switched over to the cheaper family plan with lower data.

Both. Home is fiber optics cable and phone is verizon family plan. I use to have unlimited data, verizon, but the reception is so awful here I couldn't take advantage of it, so we switched over to the cheaper family plan with lower data.
is there a cap on fiber optic cable when it comes to Internet use? If so that's some BS. Why not just switch to cable then?

is there a cap on fiber optic cable when it comes to Internet use? If so that's some BS. Why not just switch to cable then?

I don't think they have a "cap". My hubby has a cap lol. He hates paying overages.

I live in a very remote area. There is no cable. Satelite service costs the same. The Fiber Optic co gave us miles of FOcable and set us up for free, (minus the monthly use charges), so I really shouldn't complain. As they receive more monthly customers, they give us bonus monthly data Christmas presents. :) But, until they are set up beautifully, we pay overages... because I'm addicted to reviews, green building, off-grid living and so much more on youtube. :)

• 2 months later...

All mods require maintenance, such as the cleaning of the contacts, springs, buttons, etc..

Rhodium plating allows you to go for longer intervals between cleanings, according to rumor.

Brass is a bi-weekly chore, to assure great hard working contacts.

Silver is a weekly chore, but hits the hardest out of all of the above, so well worth it.

The key word, is "you". You have to be willing and confidant to clean your contacts as needed or on a schedule before as needed.

The Poldiac and the Roller, both have video instructions at youtube on how to take them apart, clean, and put them back together again. Roller has a great FAQ support pages section at their site, Atmizoo.com and the Poldiac has a forum with lots of helpful people. You'll never be stuck without help from either one of them. They both have threads in many forums, with great posters

The Poldiac can be bought with either silver or brass contacts setups, or you can purchase the opposite one and have both. You can also take your contacts/spring to a jeweler and have them either silver or Rhodium plated.

The Roller also now offers the 3 choices (brass, silver or rhodium).

Would I recommend these to a newbie? Oh heck yes! If you're not ready today, hang on to it, study the threads/video's, and be ready tomorrow. They both hit hard, are lovely to hold, and are fun to dress up or down.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines