Help! Looking For A Good Mod

Well I have a puresmoker Legacy standard, which uses either an 18650 or an 18650 +kick or an 18490 +kick. I have a first generation LT which uses just a single 18650. I have a VAMO which uses either an 18650, one 18350, or two 18350s. I have a bombshell stinger en route from hotvapes which uses a 26650 or a 26650 +kick. The kick is a drop in module that turns a standard mod into a variable wattage device upto 10 watts. The lavatube is a variable voltage device up to 6v. The vamo is either variable voltage (up to 6v) or variable wattage (up to 15w). The Puresmoker Legacy is fully mechanical meaning zero wires or anything that could potentially break. The bombshell is almost mechanical but does have a wired button. :D I hope this helps. I use all of these devices on a very regular basis. I enjoy them all. My LT is probably used the least because I've dropped it several times and the top cap is glued into place and isn't level and I'm kinda OCD about that, drives me up the wall. The most expensive of all of these was the Legacy which was like $89. The bombshell was about $76, the LT was like $56, and them vamo was only like $48. The kick alone is roughly like $45. Batteries cost anywhere from like $8 up to $15 for the ones I've purchased. The first charger I got was a cheap $10 trustfire which worked but who knows how well. I later bought an Xtar SPII for like $30 which works great. There are TOO many options out there. Many swear by the ProVari made by provape. I think you should spend a few days between the forums and youtube to get an idea for what it is you want out of your device. There are tube mods, box mods, bottom feeder mods, etc. Prices can be a cheap or as expensive as you could think. There are also hybrids available but there is no way to use them other than how they start, which for some is the draw to them. Happy hunting and happy vaping! :D

There's a lot of good mods on the market today. I would suggest starting off with an eGo Twist or Vision Spinner, even though they're not really a "mod", they are definitely a step up from the old Riva's. They are Variable Volt up to 4.8.

Do you want an all Mechanical Mod or do you want an electronic mod with all the bells and whistles? (VV, VW, VV&VW,).

The Silver Bullet is still a good choice to this day, and they now have Kick Extensions too. I still use mine during outdoor chores, because it fits perfect in my back jean pocket and always easy to get or put away. The Silver Bullet (SB for short), is a simple 3.7, but the button does have wiring, which means it's not an all mechanical mod, and because it's simply just 3.7 (unless Kicked), it's also not considered an electronic mod. It's the go-to in between mod.

It's not fancy or hard hitting, like the more expensive mods, (Poldiac, P+, Caravela,Roller, Dingo, etc) or with the electronicalized ones like the Provari, Darwin, etc) , but it's a nice workhorse. I don't think I'll ever part with mine, it's just too handy of a mod.

MSE nailed the definition. The Kick will eat your battery life, but hey, if you want a steady vape until the last 2 puffs, it's the way to go.

I got mine from Altsmoke.com where the SB is sold. Sign up for their newsletter and for the notify me option.

There is now a new DNA20 Kick out, but I don't know how or if it fits into the general Kick Extenders out there. Only time will tell. But, as the name implies, it will handle higher watts.

The regular Kick is nice for most vapers, it goes up to 12 watts I believe. Most of us vape at 8-10 watts. (like as if the battery were fresh kicking at 4.2 with an LR atty attached).

• 2 weeks later...

All good recommendations, but if you're looking for a good performance and features without the price, i gotta throw the vamo into consideration. I've been loving mine. Variable Voltage, Variable Wattage, ohm meter, and battery life check. Oh and you can use it as a full size or mini to boot.

I don't have the "recommended" batteries for it, i just use my efest and AWR IMR 18650's with a battery spacer from avid vaper which eliminates the spring/jiggle issue. The mod only is like $60 most places. Add in a battery and charger and you have everything you need for well under $100.

The Stinger is pretty darn cool! But I like my BAM better. :P

It even has the same comfy button as the SB.

Now that I have my clear BAM V1, he comes out with a Purple V2!!! arrghh.

But, it doesn't ride in my back jean pocket very well, not like the SB does. mmmm, but then again, I could always go buy some baggy jeans or a boot holster or something ...

(I don't have both the Stinger and Bam to compare, only the Bam which is great. It's also a can be kicked 26500 big battery mod. I can't let those guys get away with promoting bigarse mods without rivaling them!).

Edited by Uma

No worries Uma. I'm sure the bam is awesome. I know my stinger is great. I really wish the kick didn't drain it so much. :( that's the only issue. I knew it would be that way though. I wish the makers of the kick would do something about that. Maybe if they introduce a new kick it'll be easier on the battery life.

I hope they do too, MSE. That's the only draw back of the kick... but not when matched up with a BAM or Stinger. Those are huge batts!

They are huge but it still kind of irks me. I can run a 4000mah battery with the kick for roughly 24ish give or take hours before it starts to stutter. That's a MAJOR deal compared to 6-8 hours on an 18650. I just wish they would work similar to the vv/vw mods that'll run an 18650 all day long. I could run my lavatube or vamo probably 24ish hours on a single 18650. I guess it is really just a give and take for what style of mod you want to run. I'm honestly happy I guess I have the "gotta have more" syndrome. lol :D

I'm sure to be in the minority here... but I honestly don't like the Silver Bullet button. It's hard on my big ol fingers... both SB's I've had I've ended up having to push that button really hard to fire it. That's not too pleasant really. I just prefer 'clicky' buttons.

Edited by DAYVAPE

I'm sure to be in the minority here... but I honestly don't like the Silver Bullet button. It's hard on my big ol fingers... both SB's I've had I've ended up having to push that button really hard to fire it. That's not too pleasant really. I just prefer 'clicky' buttons.

The BAM's is the same button, but it's super easy to press.

I hear ya. I had problems with my 2010 SB when I first got it... hard to press far enough to make a good solid connection. I took it apart and cleaned everything right nice with Alcohol, and it's been working beautifully since. Not as beautifully as the BAM's, but beautifully nonetheless.

Edited by Uma