My Batts Keep Dying!

I have been vaping for a month or so after being a life-long smoker. Just when I am ready for the full transition to vaping and have quit buying cigs my batts refuse to charge. I am spending a fortune on these and actually prefer the vape to the real thing but my batts are so unreliable. So far I have 2 650 eGos, 2 1000 eGos, and 2 passthrough 1000's. The passthroughs are only a few days old and so far so good. I got a wall adapter so I can plug it in the wall when I'm reading or watching tv and vape away. But all four of the others will not charge- all four! The blue light blinks a few times and then - nothing! That is a lot of $ wasted. Were the different batts supposed to have different cartomizers? special chargers? Is there any little part I can replace rather than lose the whole thing?

On 2 of my 3 ego batteries, I have the same problem. This may not be your problem but mine was that the center post on the battery gets pushed in, and if it goes too far in, it won't make contact with the charger when screwed in.

What I do is take a small screwdriver or a knife and kind of pry the post up abit.

• 4 weeks later...

No point in starting vaping and you can't charge the batteries! I always recommend charging at the mains. Do not leave on charger after the light turns green (which indicates a full charge). Do not charge if not on premises, do not leave on overnight (that bit's just commonsense stuff really for handling a lithium battery).

• 6 months later...

Sounds like a faulty charger to me too. Or, like Yerok suggested, the 510 connection might have gotten pushed down too much if the battery was screwed down too tight. Snug is the key word for anything eCig related... never go tighter than snug. (with an exception somewhere, but I can't think of it at the moment, so it's irrelevant for now lol).

• 1 month later...

On 2 of my 3 ego batteries, I have the same problem. This may not be your problem but mine was that the center post on the battery gets pushed in, and if it goes too far in, it won't make contact with the charger when screwed in.

What I do is take a small screwdriver or a knife and kind of pry the post up abit.

We have 3 people who vape in our house so LOTS of batteries and chargers and we had that same problem. Some batteries only worked on some chargers, it was frustrating! Hubby fixed that center post with a pair of tweezers,,,all work great now! We found if you only screw the Ego battery on until the light flashes red, even if it is not screwed all the way on, it can prevent that problem. Lots of friends and customers who said they screw it on tight then have this problem thinking the charger or battery is defective.