Ovale V8 - New Version Review

kgoallthewaygo

ok so ive been wanting to get this mod for quite some time and it finally came today! i got this from smoktek.com (not smoktech.com mind you) and they are based out of Pinellas Park, FL. i ordered it monday night and got it wednesday. now my overall opinion right out of the box was awesome! i got the rubberized style and i would not get anything else! its not slippy or greasy. it is pretty rugged from what ive seen thus far. ive only had it for about 6 hours so far.

the kit is $49.99 and comes with the body, 2 18350-900mah batteries, the charger for said batteries, a 510 to ego adapter, and a vision clearomizer. out of the box i found it a bit tricky to get the batteries in without bending or breaking the springs due to the tight fit. not that big of a deal. you can clip the springs a coil or two if this is to much of a problem.

now i say this is the new version 1. cuz he website said it was... lol and 2. instead of having recessed threads it now has a flush conector so you do not need an adapter to use a tank. although you need the adapter to use the clearomizer or any other attachment that has recessed threading.

onto features, it has the trusted and loveable 5-click on/off setting. and two buttons to increase or decrease the voltage by .01v at a time. ive read from other reviews that its easy to hit the volt buttons while vaping but ive not had this happen yet and dont really se it happening to me imho. it also has overheating cutoff features and all the protection you need, so i say its a pretty safe device. the charger also has a overcharge cutoff function so you dont have to worry about leaving them on the charger for too long.

now performance. WOW all i gotta say is wow... right outta the box it blew my mind. i threw the batteries in and slapped on my dct and it was making clouds! i then filled up the vision clearomizer with some (hangsen) flu cured also from smoktek.com and prob one my fav tobac flavors! that clearo really shines with flavor! so far with performance it has blown away all my other devices, i have two kgo's and an ego-c twist. while i love them all.... the ovale v8 is my new pride and joy, could not be happier!

downsides... not to many, yet, only been using it for about 6 hours now so only time will tell everything. but one i read is that the numbers representing the current voltage are inaccurate, by about .03 volts so its best to start low and go by taste. not a big deal for me being im relativly new to vv and not too worried about numbers and all, as long as i get a good vape. second is the size. i thought it would be a tad bigger, again not that big of a deal but hey.

overall i give the ovale v8 a 9.5/10. not a perfect 10 cuz of the inaccurate voltage reading. i highly recommend this device to anyone. at $50 its affordable and has amazing performance!

if you stuck with me this far thanks! this was my first review and i tried to cover all the angles. if you have any other questions id be happy to try and answer them to the best of my knowledge. thanks smoktek.com for the awesome product! oh and fyi they are an offical reseller of alien visions e-liquid! if yall were wondering... lol

take care all!

post-15133-0-45398200-1346977210_thumb.j

post-15133-0-74657800-1346977232_thumb.j

• 3 weeks later...

ok update on the piece of crap... oops i mean the ovale v8... ive gone thru 2!!! :wallbash: something is either wrong with the battery posts or the circut board.... but after a couple days it stops firing! biggest waste of money ive ever spent! stay away! no wonder so many vendors started to discontinue the product! only thing is when it did work it was the best vape id ever had :veryangry:. now im out two friggin bodies and i have two 18350 batteries and a charger just sitting around doing nothing... ugh sooo frustrating... i guess what im trying to say is DONT BUY IT!!!!!!!

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines