Vertical Vs Horizontal

No ,you are not missing anything.The horizontal coil is more like an atty .The element is sideways and the filler is pressed in against it.On the vertical the element is encased in the filler so in my opinion it has better contact with the eliquid.For people who like to pull the filler out of a used up carto and then drip with it to get some more use ,the horizontal allows for that while the vertical is very challenging to unstuff and the element is not postioned for very good dripping.

ah! i see, thank you for the clarification!

i kind of compromise between a reg carto and dripping with these tiny cartos. but i dont think direct dripping is for me...at least not yet.

I would think they would make a mess with nothing to hold the liquid near the element.I do like dripping on a Joye 306 atty on occasion.And Boge 510 standard resistance is the best carto for me.ordered one of these today http://www.ecigbestsave.com/Vision-eGo-Clearomizer-p/vision%20ego.htm?1=1&CartID=0 kind of wonderin how they work and it not too expensive.

a horizontal coil works good on 3.7v and under

a vertical coil works well on anything above 3.7v (depending on the resistance of the carto of course)

at least this is what i've found

Ah! That is so much help @gandalf ! I never vape below 3.7 in fact, my vape runs a 3.7 high discharge batty

@mcquinn I've seen those tanks before. How do they work out for you? I haven't strayed from the v2 dct since they came out cause they are so easy.

I noticed that after I ordered version 1 they have version 2 & 3 ,guess that explains the price that made me give in.If it worx out I will probably get the newr versions for comparison.

I couldn't find the v3 anywhere, what's the diff between the v2 and v3?

Also, I could,nt tell from the picture, does it open from the mouth end or vape end? @kgo do you have any probs with leaking? what if i put it in my pocket?

@jdog, never had any leaking. i had the v1. the difference between the v2 &v3 are stronger casing and longer wicks. the v1 worked fine you just had to keep tipping the device over to re wet the wicks.

@mcquinn, yes they are following the vivi nova with the replaceable innards.

I couldn't find the v3 anywhere, what's the diff between the v2 and v3?

Also, I could,nt tell from the picture, does it open from the mouth end or vape end? @kgo do you have any probs with leaking? what if i put it in my pocket?

to open and fill it/ swap coils you unscrew the tip/mouth end/where the vapor comes out. and here is a link for the v2 & v3. they call it the ce4+ v2. http://www.discountvapers.com/ce4-1/ read the info above the pictures and it kinda explains everything

Got my clearomiser .I have never really looked at Ego stuff too close before.I had to order some adapters to fit an Ego style clearomiser to my 510 fitting box mods.Oh well, live and learn.Going to have to wait to try it out.I just figured Ego stuff had 510 fittings ,who would have thought .☺I ordered a 510 manual charging extension and a V2 short extension .One or both should do the trick I hope.

Ahhh! Oh no! That ego thing has totally happened to me :(

I'm in limbo with what to get in the near future....Pyrex tank, or some of these cartos....

The V2 extension was too short but the 510 manual charging extension worked.Wish I had gotten the higher resistance.I got the 2.0 ohm clearo and went through a days worth of eliquid in an hour.The taste is very good,massive amounts of vapor which is to be expected from vaporising 2 ml of liquid in an hour.Next time I order I will get one closer to 3.0 ohms .This just might be better than a carto,like dripping with a fresh 306 atty without the dripping.If I can get the eliquid useage down these just may be my next main sled.The V2 with the longer wicks would also be more better as you have to make sure to tilt it to keep the wick wet or it will taste hot quick,partly due to the low resistance I suspect.