Doctor In My Area Texas On News Talking About Ecigs...

Well it's about durn time! I live just outside of Houston and none of the doctors that I have spoken to are on board with eCigs. I discussed them briefly with our family doctor when my Aunt was being trated by him fro smoking related lung issues. He never told her she had to stop smoking. His view was that her health was so bad that taking away the cigarettes from her would do more attitude harm than physical good. His response to me when I asked about eCigs he said that he was aware of what they are and that they contain antifreeze and didn't recommend anyone inhaling that. That was his stance and didn't want to discuss it any further. Other doctors that I have spoken to start off that it is a controversial subject like herbal remedies. All have said that until they are proven safe by the FDA that they wouldn't recomment the use of any such device. It's funny how they all get real "textbook" about the subject when it's brought up and the informalness of the conversation changes to a pre-rehearsed statement and then they want to get off the subject.

That's really cool! Nice to know. :) E-cigarettes really can help many smokers out there! They need more promotion. There are still so many who are clueless about the difference and benefits they have over traditional cigarettes. When I get asked by others about e-cigarettes - even the non-smokers - and I explain to them what they are, most people really get impressed and surprised about how it works, and that it is not smoke coming out.

Well it's about durn time! I live just outside of Houston and none of the doctors that I have spoken to are on board with eCigs. I discussed them briefly with our family doctor when my Aunt was being trated by him fro smoking related lung issues. He never told her she had to stop smoking. His view was that her health was so bad that taking away the cigarettes from her would do more attitude harm than physical good. His response to me when I asked about eCigs he said that he was aware of what they are and that they contain antifreeze and didn't recommend anyone inhaling that. That was his stance and didn't want to discuss it any further. Other doctors that I have spoken to start off that it is a controversial subject like herbal remedies. All have said that until they are proven safe by the FDA that they wouldn't recomment the use of any such device. It's funny how they all get real "textbook" about the subject when it's brought up and the informalness of the conversation changes to a pre-rehearsed statement and then they want to get off the subject.

Honestly, most of them CAN'T comment on it professionally, it's not FDA approved, they put their practice and their license up for lawsuits if ecigs are proven to be unsafe. Dr Antifreeze really knows better...he just SAID that to make you drop the subject...he didn't want to discuss it, if he had appeared to condone it in any way, when your aunt passes, someone could say "well she wouldn't have dies so quickly, if dr. Antifreeze hadn't started her on e-cigs!". And trust me, some slimy attorney would take the case, if for nothing else than to get a "shut-up settlement"...

• 5 months later...

I think the fda needs to lay off. They are just wanting to make more money treating people with cancer from smoking cigarettes. So they are trying to make it seem worse so they can fool people into not vaping. It technically isn't the doctors fault but they have no choice but to listen to the fda. And not all doctors are the same as some are just greedy and want to make as much money as they can. I have heard some doctors know treatments for cancer that aren't bad like radiation but they always recommend radiation.

• 4 weeks later...

I almost didnt comment on this , its gets me so damn upset , but I will anyway lol.

real quick my background is 48 years of smoking cigs, I have not touched a cig in 3 years dont want to and never will again ! WHy cant the government get out of this ? because there is big tax $ out there . my doctor has been amazed at the improvment of my health he recomends them to his patients, employee,s and fellow doc,s , but because of his fear of lawsuits will not go public (radio or TV . Rush limbaugh the other day on his program said , he usses them and endorsess them 100%