Direct Dripping Questions

mimi

Ok,anoter question from the newbie. If I have a brand new 510 manual and I want to try the direct drippping, do I just put 2-3 drops in, and put in a blank cart with no fiber fill in it? If I do this, how often do I add the drops? How many puffs before you need to add liquid. Will this hurt my atty if it is dry?

I appreciate all the help. I am sort of flying by the seat of my pants here. Ha

First of all welcome to the forums! :)

If I have a brand new 510 manual and I want to try the direct drippping, do I just put 2-3 drops in, and put in a blank cart with no fiber fill in it?

You got it.

If I do this, how often do I add the drops?

Just add them as your vapor begins to get less, I find it is around 9-12 inhales. Your mileage may vary.

Will this hurt my atty if it is dry?

You do want to keep you atty wet but not flooded, dont worry you will get the hang of it quickly! :thumbsup:

You can find more info here VT noobie video, direct dripping.

Thanks, you guys are a great help. One more question for anyone.

Does the usb passthru charge the battery also?

If you're talking about the batteries that came with the kit then no the passthru does not charge those batteries. The passthru does have it's own battery though, attached to a usb cable that charges it. Not too sure about this since I don't have one, but you can detach it from the computer and it will still work given the battery is charged.

It's as simple as what MunkusBFunky said. Just don't put so many drops that it gurgles, that would be too much and the e-Juice will seep into the battery and cause problems if they aren't sealed manual batteries. If your batteries have a button on them, then they are manual batteries and you don't have anything to worry about, but if they are automatic batteries then don't drip too much into them. I normally drip 3-5 drops and vape for awhile (5-10 minutes).

Thanks, you guys are a great help. One more question for anyone.

Does the usb passthru charge the battery also?

Actually the point of a passthrough is so that you don't have to use a battery. It's a way of getting constant power passing through the unit. Although I don't like or trust any of the passthroughs that are made in China. I would stick with one from Puresmoker.com or the one Vaprlife is going to be coming out with. Oh did I just say that out loud? Shhh (let's see who was paying attention)

OK. Time for weekly question. I vape alot, at least I THINK I do, I have no one around me to gauge it. My concern is, am I gonna blow this bad boy up ? ( Im talkin bout 510 manual, I totally gave up on my blu). I tried dripping on the atty, and it works great, but I have to KEEP doing it every 10- 15 minutes. Will that hurt it, burn it up. And when I fill the cart, Im not sure if Im filling it too soon. I really cant tell if its dry or not. I still get a lot of vapor after QUITE a while, ( 45 minutes, maybe), but NO flavor, so I refill. Is that too soon. ? I guess what Im asking is can you overfill these? :icecream:

Edited by keenan

I guess what Im asking is can you overfill these?

If you overfill, that is called flooding. The atomizer won't be able to get hot enough to produce much vapor, so if you do you will proly know pretty quick. Also I have noticed on my 510 atty it leaks off any excess juice fairly quickly.

After I lose flavor is when I drip as well, so just stick with it. Once you have about a month under your belt this will seem like second nature to you. :thumbsup:

If you overfill, that is called flooding. The atomizer won't be able to get hot enough to produce much vapor, so if you do you will proly know pretty quick. Also I have noticed on my 510 atty it leaks off any excess juice fairly quickly.

After I lose flavor is when I drip as well, so just stick with it. Once you have about a month under your belt this will seem like second nature to you. :thumbsup:

I direct drip and it's the only way to go. I have done it from the start and instead of reaching for my lighter I reach for my e-Juice. Yes you can over fill, it will normally leak out the threads between the battery and the atty. I have a DSE801, DSE901 and a "Super-E" that I am currently using. They all leak when I get them too full. Also if they are full enough to leak and they aren't manual batteries you can get e-Juice down in the battery and it will start acting funny, like staying on and the battery can become unpredictable and just come on when you have it in your pocket. That is because the liquid will complete the circuit between the switch and turn itself on.

I know when to drip when the vapor starts tasting nutty or toasty. Really, like toast or oven roasted peanuts, I always drip only three drops and vape awhile, normally 10-15 minutes on three drops. If I am not sure if an atty has any juice I'll just drip one drop and vape till it gets low so I always know it had liquid in/on the atty/filament.

I just dripped today for the first time, pretty cool actually! I just love this whole vaping thing!

This is funny, reading these posts I think sometime we sound like a bunch of kids, smoking for the first time. I guess for all of us we are so proud that we have made a change for the better we have to let someone else know. I really appreciate Chris and Sean for providing this forum where we can gather like kids on a playground and tell our tales of vaping and other stuff. Thanks guys!